ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

gona lose this game because 2 scrubasses on rutgers shot 8 for 10 from 3

mulcaney is a 25% 3 point shooter and went 3 for 5

mathis is a 28% 3 point shooter and even worse for his career and went 5 for 5 from 3 LOLOLOLOLOLOL

un****ing real. I know ron harper jr didnt play but this is as if he did and more. absolutely so typical to get screwed over in a close rode game because 2 scrub shooters shoot as if they are reggie miller

unbelievable and another game slips away that should have been a loss if not for bad luck
You realize why they shot so well from 3, right?

Reactions: mgdavidson26

mathis is a 28% 3 point shooter and even worse for his career and went 5 for 5 from 3 LOLOLOLOLOLOL

un****ing real. I know ron harper jr didnt play but this is as if he did and more. absolutely so typical to get screwed over in a close rode game because 2 scrub shooters shoot as if they are reggie miller

unbelievable and another game slips away that should have been a loss if not for bad luck
I’d trade any of our guards for Mathis

Rutgers gives us trouble because their guards basically just penetrate and that is our glaring weakness. Plus they always have one guy go off against us it seams

Reactions: Schnelk
Rutgers is winning the B1G. Mark it down. No shame in this loss even without Harper. Their other guys stepped up big time and that is what championship teams do. I really like them except when they are playing us.

The team didn't fold when they could have. Fix some defensive breakdowns and tighten that shot selection a bit and these road wins will start to come. The back half of the schedule still sets up nicely when this team should be peaking. Hopefully we catch the Illini sleeping on Saturday.

Had a feeling that other players would step up. They have a collective amount of guard play that can score. They are a very tough team.

Reactions: tjreese
I don’t think it’s physical teams, I think it’s physical guards.
Yep, that why Rutgers has a 3 game winning streak against us. We seem to lack in that area for some reason. Ivey is a something special and he will help in that area. Hopefully, he can push Hunter to play every game hungry.

I get that we're a year or two away. But it's disappointing to see our guards getting dominated all night long. I'm sure we'll see Ivey, Newman, and Morton do the same thing to Rutgers they did to them in a couple of years.

Yep, that why Rutgers has a 3 game winning streak against us. We seem to lack in that area for some reason. Ivey is a something special and he will help in that area. Hopefully, he can push Hunter to play every game hungry.
Just wish he took fewer perimeter shots behind the arc...at least at this time

Reactions: Poprudy
They also took their lumps for a few years and now have juniors and seniors that have played a ton.
Yes we did. You guys have some good young guards that will be a force for years to come. All of our guards basically started as frosh and young is a fifth year transfer so they took their lumps and now are battle tested , know how to win and can make clutch shots . It doesn’t happen over night . Your young guys are talented and it’s tough to match our guards physicality because they are older , physical players . Good luck the rest of the way and your guards will be tougher for it come years end.
Btw willliams is a beast and outplayed Myles tonight . Tip of the hat to him

Last edited:
Rutgers has adopted Pikiell's toughness.
And/or recruited toughness. I imagine right now coaches are questioning if they devoted too much attention to geno and young. Not saying they were wrong, but expect the typical questions to happen. However, with no harper wouldn't you want to take away the drives of geno and young? Play the same way tomorrow and Rutgers may not shoot as well and Purdue squeaks out a win? Rutgers has a couple of good guards.

Players need to be honest in what they can do and stay in the things they can do. Purdue played a bit faster than usual and wonder if Matt wanted a bit more offense before Rutgers could set the D. Freshmen are freshmen, but could have used more help from the juniors although Tre was fine

I really don't know how he keeps cool in those situations. I'd be getting fined every other day.

You would think the coaches who don’t go crazy and complain all game would get the benefit if the doubt. There doesn’t seem to be any benefit to not going absolutely crazy on the sidelines. Kind of defies logic in my opinion. I have never understood that when it comes to officials.

Reactions: Schnelk

Imagine thinking Montez is a "scrubass"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT