ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue lands 2025 four-star CB

If this is true why do we see Walters on the sideline during timeouts talking to the guy holding the yard marker and not interacting with players at all. He pretty much did that all season.
Honestly, I haven’t watched him during game day. Interesting to find out more. His style not interacting with players DURING the game and let the coaches do the work? Walters does resonate with these kids on visits and at games (as recruits). I’d like more info….thanks for the post.

If this is true why do we see Walters on the sideline during timeouts talking to the guy holding the yard marker and not interacting with players at all. He pretty much did that all season.
James Franklin does the same

So what exactly is your solution? What exactly would you have the coaches do right now instead of recruit players? I hear you complaining, but not hearing any solutions from you.
I have said it a 100 times, Purdue should bring in a older retired coach to mentor Walters to help him grow and mature as a head coach. No point in navigating those waters first time by yourself.

I have said it a 100 times, Purdue should bring in an older retired coach to mentor Walters to help him grow and mature as a head coach. No point in navigating those waters first time by yourself.
I would agree. But many of Walter’s assistants did arrive at Purdue with some experience. The question is how much mentoring are they providing Walters.

I will add to be a successful recruiter, typically it is your assistant coaches who are the most influential in gaining the interest of the recruit. It has been said that TEs and Olineman like Iowa because of their assistant line coach. They sure wouldn’t go to Iowa because of their overall offensive play calling.

And… he’s on campus ! Well done Coach Walters !
Kind of had to eat your words there a bit. lol.

Not skeptical of this coach’s ability to get talented players here.

Still skeptical of their ability to translate it into winning football…but they will have every opportunity to do so in the fall.

Reactions: BBG and Bippus33
Kind of had to eat your words there a bit. lol.

Not skeptical of this coach’s ability to get talented players here.

Still skeptical of their ability to translate it into winning football…but they will have every opportunity to do so in the fall.
Lmao brohm fan boy. You’re gonna hold Walters accountable now? He had by far his best player bought because TAMU raised 475k a house and a car for that players dad (above the 400 he was supposedly agreeing to for this year). I’m sure Grant was just bought to decommit.

Purdue will likely pay for basketball going forward. Football? They’ll be lucky to only have their best player bought in most years. I wouldn’t hold Danny Hope accountable to get 6 next year. What opponents have donor bases worse than Purdue’s football donor base in terms of sheer CASH to offer?

If Purdue faces 7 teams whose donor bases buy worse teams than ours, be it Walters, Hope or brohm coaching here… I’m gonna expect 7 wins. That’s not the case this coming year.

If he fails, as you want him to, who do yo think we are getting to come here and have all big ten defensive ends bought away from him. Please, give me your list lol.

Lmao brohm fan boy. You’re gonna hold Walters accountable now? He had by far his best player bought because TAMU raised 475k a house and a car for that players dad (above the 400 he was supposedly agreeing to for this year). I’m sure Grant was just bought to decommit.

Purdue will likely pay for basketball going forward. Football? They’ll be lucky to only have their best player bought in most years. I wouldn’t hold Danny Hope accountable to get 6 next year. What opponents have donor bases worse than Purdue’s football donor base in terms of sheer CASH to offer?

If Purdue faces 7 teams whose donor bases buy worse teams than ours, be it Walters, Hope or brohm coaching here… I’m gonna expect 7 wins. That’s not the case this coming year.

If he fails, as you want him to, who do yo think we are getting to come here and have all big ten defensive ends bought away from him. Please, give me your list lol.
Such an angry and sad little man.

Players playing for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the front can keep a well coached team in the mix for wins vs a team of mercenaries only playing for themselves. We’ve already seen it in college football.

Michigans title last year wasn’t a group of high paid transfers. There were a few but it was mostly 4 star development types.

UGAs 2 titles previous weren’t transfers either. Not to say they didn’t pay up for some of those guys but you can win without breaking the bank.

You continue to defend poor coaching and play last year with excuses. The talent is in. The best talent we have had in a LONG while. Talent good enough to beat the ISU, Oregon St., Minnesota, Illinois, IU, etc of the world.

These games aren’t played on paper. They are played on the field. The talent has to perform. It hasn’t under this coach and this defense and offense yet.

I hope that changes.

Last edited:
Such an angry and sad little man.

Players playing for the name on the back of the jersey instead of the front can keep a well coached team in the mix for wins vs a team of mercenaries only playing for themselves. We’ve already seen it in college football.

Michigans title last year wasn’t a group of high paid transfers. There were a few but it was mostly 4 star development types.

UGAs 2 titles previous weren’t transfers either. Not to say they didn’t pay up for some of those guys but you can win without breaking the bank.

You continue to defend poor coaching and play last year with excuses. The talent is in. The best talent we have had in a LONG while. Talent good enough to beat the ISU, Oregon St., Minnesota, Illinois, IU, etc of the world.

These games aren’t played on paper. They are played on the field. The talent has to perform. It hasn’t under this coach and this defense and offense yet.

I hope that changes.
Lmao, Michigan and Georgia have a very very talented recruiting class each year. Who is Purdue’s donor base better than in the big ten for football?

I know you have this weird thing where someone who disagrees with you has to be unhinged or a sad little man, instead of just focusing on their arguments.

When you lose Nic Scourton to a straight cash payout, and you had to make “great strides” in NIL to get a ball state transfer at OT, who are you supposed to beat? Sure you can beat a poorly coached team with a better donor base. Are you saying Jonathan smith is going to bring a poorly coached team in?

Who has a worse donor base than us. Amongst those who have a better base, who will show up with a poorly coached football team?

Sorry if asking those questions makes me a maniac!!! lol dipshit

Gee welcome back...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
If Walters doesn’t work out who do you think we are getting? I’d give $100 to watch the low level candidates who express a lack of interest.

Who on our schedule has a worse football donor/NIL base than Purdue? Of those who don’t, who is going to show up with a poorly coached football team?

If Walters doesn’t work out who do you think we are getting? I’d give $100 to watch the low level candidates who express a lack of interest.

Who on our schedule has a worse football donor/NIL base than Purdue? Of those who don’t, who is going to show up with a poorly coached football team?
So we should expect the team to suck because we lost 2 players and replaced them with tons of talent that can play at this level?

Glad you’re already starting with the excuses. If we are never going to win…why try? Why care?

Successful coaches here have always done more with less here at Purdue. It will have to continue that way for us to be successful. If you’re going to be a Debbie downer like this…why not find a new board or hobby? Going to be a long 6 months for you here.

So we should expect the team to suck because we lost 2 players and replaced them with tons of talent that can play at this level?

Glad you’re already starting with the excuses. If we are never going to win…why try? Why care?

Successful coaches here have always done more with less here at Purdue. It will have to continue that way for us to be successful. If you’re going to be a Debbie downer like this…why not find a new board or hobby? Going to be a long 6 months for you here.
Dumb **** I asked you a question. Who has worse donor bases than us and of the schools who don’t who is going to show up with a poorly coached football team?

If this is a Purdue thing that would be one thing. This is about brohm for you. Thats all it’s about.

Who you talking about? Tiller? Tiller was 2-4 against teams above .500 in 1998. Good thing he played 6 teams that weren’t better than .500 and went undefeated. Purdue won’t come close to facing 6 teams .500 or less this year.

Who do you think is coming here if Walters fails?

I think Walters and assistant coaches learned quite a bit this past season. Most coaches need some time to become good coaches. Looking forward to seeing team play this season

Reactions: tenwest
There is currently ZERO data supporting the thought that we brought in "TONS of TALENT." I hope it is true but we will not know if it is true until the team plays in a game. The spring scrimmage would lead me to believe that the statement is over exaggerated.

I truly believe Walters brought in a lot of talent. But for the past decade, Purdue fans always compare the talent of our class to the previous class rather than to the classes of our opponents. If we had a great class but our opponents had a better class that means they are still better than us.

As I look at it, Purdue should be able to beat the teams they out recruited! So look at their schedule and see what teams they out recruited for the last 4 years And those will be your predicted wins.

I believe over the last 4 years, Purdue has out recruited Illinois, Minn, IU and northwestern. So that’s a minimum of 4 wins. We out recruited 1-2 of our non conference teams. So that should be 5-6 wins. 6 wins is a bowl game. I believe 6 wins is a realistic expectation.

I truly believe Walters brought in a lot of talent. But for the past decade, Purdue fans always compare the talent of our class to the previous class rather than to the classes of our opponents. If we had a great class but our opponents had a better class that means they are still better than us.

As I look at it, Purdue should be able to beat the teams they out recruited! So look at their schedule and see what teams they out recruited for the last 4 years And those will be your predicted wins.

I believe over the last 4 years, Purdue has out recruited Illinois, Minn, IU and northwestern. So that’s a minimum of 4 wins. We out recruited 1-2 of our non conference teams. So that should be 5-6 wins. 6 wins is a bowl game. I believe 6 wins is a realistic expectation.
Per rivals, Purdue has been last in the big ten in high school recruiting In four of the last 5 season.

In the transfer portal, Purdue made “great strides in NIL this offseason from the previous one” according to Tom dienhart. Those great strides add up to losing the likes of Nic Scourton and replacing them with a MAC offensive tackle who is probably good enough to be a solid big ten tackle. But you’re losing the big ten sack leader. Believe me.. if the ball state tackle was Kelly butler 2.0, Purdue wouldn’t have come close.

Minnesota has been 9th, 9th, 9th, 12th and 8th in high school recruiting in the big ten per rivals the last 5 years. Purdue is 13th, 13th, 13th, 7th and 13th.

Pboiler is just a brohm guy playing a Purdue fan on tv. So he thinks this is a Walters thing for me. I think this system sucks and that when you combine our asinine delusional scheduling with being net losers relative to almost the entire conference In NIL, it’s going to be hard to get OR KEEP good coaches here.

Say you are Randy Walker pre northwestern and you’re dropped off via Time Machine here. You know you’re a good coach. Why would you want to to take a job where you:

Are historically on the bottom of the conference looking up
Have some of the worst pay for play money (because that’s what it is; that’s all it was ever supposed to be)
Play a ridiculously tough schedule. Tougher than Joe tiller ever faced by far

Per rivals, Purdue has been last in the big ten in high school recruiting In four of the last 5 season.

In the transfer portal, Purdue made “great strides in NIL this offseason from the previous one” according to Tom dienhart. Those great strides add up to losing the likes of Nic Scourton and replacing them with a MAC offensive tackle who is probably good enough to be a solid big ten tackle. But you’re losing the big ten sack leader. Believe me.. if the ball state tackle was Kelly butler 2.0, Purdue wouldn’t have come close.

Minnesota has been 9th, 9th, 9th, 12th and 8th in high school recruiting in the big ten per rivals the last 5 years. Purdue is 13th, 13th, 13th, 7th and 13th.

Pboiler is just a brohm guy playing a Purdue fan on tv. So he thinks this is a Walters thing for me. I think this system sucks and that when you combine our asinine delusional scheduling with being net losers relative to almost the entire conference In NIL, it’s going to be hard to get OR KEEP good coaches here.

Say you are Randy Walker pre northwestern and you’re dropped off via Time Machine here. You know you’re a good coach. Why would you want to to take a job where you:

Have some of the worst pay for play money (because that’s what it is; that’s all it was ever supposed to be)
Maybe some great hs player wants to be an astronaut. It could happen.

Revenue sharing might help.

Reactions: Bippus33
Revenue sharing might help.
This is my point. Not that there’s no hope for Purdue forever. But something must change. Until then, if a Purdue coach has a winning season, great. But be it Jeff brohm, Ryan Walters or whoever the next coach is… I’m not going to get pissed at them when Austin Johnson can’t push Fresno state 1 inch for a TD.

It should be pointed out and posters should be reminded that players can make their own NIL deals. That money doesn’t have to come from the school! Iowa’s Clark made all her own NILs. Iowa didn’t arrange those deals. It’s the same with all college athletes. If an athlete wants money, they must be aggressive and go get it. The money just doesn’t come to you without you doing anything. It’s like college scholarships. If you don’t apply, the money doesn’t just come to you.

Too often fans blame the schools. In reality, the schools have little to do with NIL other than monitor it and coordinate it. If you want to blame people, blame the alumni who would rather give their millions to cancer research than athletes. I give my money to StJudes! Purdue alumni are a very giving bunch. They are also very knowledgeable and like their donations be given to something that makes a difference! Purdue football NIL ? Ha ha ha

Reactions: pboiler18
It should be pointed out and posters should be reminded that players can make their own NIL deals. That money doesn’t have to come from the school! Iowa’s Clark made all her own NILs. Iowa didn’t arrange those deals. It’s the same with all college athletes. If an athlete wants money, they must be aggressive and go get it. The money just doesn’t come to you without you doing anything. It’s like college scholarships. If you don’t apply, the money doesn’t just come to you.

Too often fans blame the schools. In reality, the schools have little to do with NIL other than monitor it and coordinate it. If you want to blame people, blame the alumni who would rather give their millions to cancer research than athletes. I give my money to StJudes! Purdue alumni are a very giving bunch. They are also very knowledgeable and like their donations be given to something that makes a difference! Purdue football NIL ? Ha ha ha
Not school .. donor base. Some donor bases are good enough that they keep their best players and can go buy difference makers. 0n the other end you have donor bases that lose their best players and don’t get anything good in the portal, if the latter is a zero and the former is a ten, Purdue is probably a 3 for power two.

It’s not about blaming anyone for lack of money. But if the money is lacking I won’t blame the coach, be it brohm, Walters or even Dale Williams lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT