ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue lands 2025 four-star CB

You are correct. Football “commitments” aren’t really commitments, but I can keep my skepticism to myself moving forward. I hope we can keep him.
The thing I am seeing accross the board is players loving Walters, but really connecting to their position coach as a player and on a personal level. No hype, just on a sincere level many players don’t get too often, IMO.

This recruit is stating this clearly.

Reactions: z_one
It's not wrong to think better talent and better players can make a program better. They absolutely can. And you don't have to "fear" other people's opinions... they're just opinions. They're not going to affect anything on or off the field, except maybe give the program some positivity. That's not anything to fear.
In other posts, i have applauded Walters and his staff for there ability in attracting higher rated players.
Boiler up!

Reactions: pboiler18
Your right, inviting 4* recruits to the progam is exciting and not blinding, but I fear that there are those that expect talent to overcome other real issues that were on full display last season......
You don't fear anything. You just want to continue bitching about last year's performance. I hope you and your other continual bitchers have to eat a Mt. Everest of crow for the next two years. You clowns somehow think that 2 games over .500 was great. Go follow Lville and let the rest of us marvel at a level of recruiting that we only dreamed about under Brohm.

You don't fear anything. You just want to continue bitching about last year's performance. I hope you and your other continual bitchers have to eat a Mt. Everest of crow for the next two years. You clowns somehow think that 2 games over .500 was great. Go follow Lville and let the rest of us marvel at a level of recruiting that we only dreamed about under Brohm.
I would pump the brakes a little bit. Brohm brought us some great players in Rondale, Bell, Karlaftis, AOC, Jones, etc. He also recruited Thieneman.

Also, 9 win season and an an 8 win West Champ season were pretty much tops for the program.

But that being said, I want Walters to do the same and even better. And before someone yells at me for being positive, well go pound sand, you won't stop me.

I would pump the brakes a little bit. Brohm brought us some great players in Rondale, Bell, Karlaftis, AOC, Jones, etc. He also recruited Thieneman.

Also, 9 win season and an an 8 win West Champ season were pretty much tops for the program.

But that being said, I want Walters to do the same and even better. And before someone yells at me for being positive, well go pound sand, you won't stop me.
Don‘t sweat it. The only thing Bippus33 will try to do is drown you with his Kool-Aid. Seems to be the only come back he can come up with.

Getting the 4* recruits and better recruiting is a solution for Purdue to go in the right direction.
Scheduling Indy State to start the season for the coaches and players to work out the kinks is a solution.

Bippus33 will complain Purdue will do poorly because of the difficult schedule. You know who does not complain about the difficult schedule …. C Walters.

We already had lengthly threads about why Purdue had a difficult 2023 season. Not going to rehash this again.

Bipous33 says … “but but I am a life long Purdue fan.” Well you are not a fan of the current Purdue team so there you go.

Brohm is a good football coach but he didn't recruit well here. All those guys you listed were basically luck or slam dunks that were coming no matter who the coach was, save for Bell.

Walters was brought in to recruit and he's doing just that. We all should be pleased when we get players like this.

I only ding Brohm with him because he has been ridiculous about Walters. I have stated many times that Brohm was a good coach. He is gone and Walters is doing a heck of a job recruiting putting Purdue on the map. The BT west champs deal was great. I went to the Championship game only to have Brohm chop the legs out from underneath us the next week. Sure, he went home. I still don't have to like the way he did it.

The thing I am seeing accross the board is players loving Walters, but really connecting to their position coach as a player and on a personal level. No hype, just on a sincere level many players don’t get too often, IMO.

Time will tell !

Brohm is a good football coach but he didn't recruit well here. All those guys you listed were basically luck or slam dunks that were coming no matter who the coach was, save for Bell.

Walters was brought in to recruit and he's doing just that. We all should be pleased when we get players like this.
That’s total BS. Brohm's predecessor wouldn’t have signed any of those guys.

I only ding Brohm with him because he has been ridiculous about Walters. I have stated many times that Brohm was a good coach. He is gone and Walters is doing a heck of a job recruiting putting Purdue on the map. The BT west champs deal was great. I went to the Championship game only to have Brohm chop the legs out from underneath us the next week. Sure, he went home. I still don't have to like the way he did it.
They can be ridiculous about Walters.

That’s total BS. Brohm's predecessor wouldn’t have signed any of those guys.

They were easy.

Moore - lucky Louisville connection
AOC - lucky walk on
Jones - Because of AOC
Karlaftis - sure if we were 1-11 maybe not but that one was easy, don't kid yourself
Thieneman - you don't really believe he was ever going anywhere else

It is what it is. Good coach, poor recruiter.

They were easy.

AOC - lucky walk on
Jones - Because of AOC
Karlaftis - sure if we were 1-11 maybe not but that one was easy, don't kid yourself

If it’s so easy, how come the Haze didn’t sign any top 35 classes?

Why did Rondale commit to Texas if he was already in the bag due to the “Louisville connection”?

Was signing Scourton “lucky” also ?

Last edited:
Wow, resorting to calling names because we have different perspectives..... How mature.
It's unfortunate that that your hide is so thin.
Boiler Up!!

• Haha

Agreed.

They were easy.

AOC - lucky walk on
Jones - Because of AOC

When Brohm was Jenking around with UofL Alumni and participating in Cardinal Club Events, his recruiting sank. I criticized Brohm at the time for playing both sides only one year after turning U of L down.
A college roommate of mine who was fortunate enough to get a shot at the NFL and has close ties to several P5 Coaches advised me that Brohm's flirting was hurting Purdue recruiting.....
We can't compare what Brohm did at Purdue to what Waltes has done to this point or what he will do in the future, as college football is now in a different universe.
I honestly hope that from year one to year two, that coach Walter's finds more success.

(Photo: Ryan Callahan, 247Sports)
The Mufreesboro (Tenn.) Siegel standout committed to Purdue as the No. 6 cornerback and No. 51 overall player in the 2025 class.

"Tarrion Grant, this one’s fun. He’d be the second-highest-ranked signee all-time for Purdue," Ivins said. "Still early in the 2025 cycle; we’ll see how the rankings shake out, but he is a long, reactionary corner. Listed at 6-4, I would say he’s probably closer to 6-3, 6-2, but elite track times. This guy can run. Lacks a little bit of ball production — I don’t think a ton of passes have come his way — but for a guy that is as lean and as narrow as he is, he’s got some impressive POA (point of attack) tape in terms of his ability to make tackles.

"I don’t know, this one kind of fires me up about Purdue, just them going into SEC country and getting Grant committed. Now they’re going to have to hold onto him, but it’s a big deal, and Purdue, we saw Marcos Davila at the All-American Bowl, their 2024 quarterback. I think me and you are both fans, not only of him, but of the fit there in West Lafayette, and then Koy Beasley, Top 247 safety. He’s turning some heads out at the Polynesian Bowl. So Purdue, kind of getting it done on the talent acquisition front. They’ve also done ie int the transfer portal as well."
Great news!

Don‘t sweat it. The only thing Bippus33 will try to do is drown you with his Kool-Aid. Seems to be the only come back he can come up with.

Getting the 4* recruits and better recruiting is a solution for Purdue to go in the right direction.
Scheduling Indy State to start the season for the coaches and players to work out the kinks is a solution.

Bippus33 will complain Purdue will do poorly because of the difficult schedule. You know who does not complain about the difficult schedule …. C Walters.

We already had lengthly threads about why Purdue had a difficult 2023 season. Not going to rehash this again.

Bipous33 says … “but but I am a life long Purdue fan.” Well you are not a fan of the current Purdue team so there you go.
Let's just make your opinions Supreme and call it a day. And at the same time, I hope you are correct.....

Last edited:

If it’s so easy, how come the Haze didn’t sign any top 35 classes?

Why did Rondale commit to Texas if he was already in the bag due to the “Louisville connection”?

Was signing Scourton “lucky” also ?
So you are really going to argue that Brohm being a legend at the school Moore was playing at was not by far the biggest factor in getting him? Stop it.

Scourton was obviously a great pickup. Great find. Guessing maybe it was Hagen that did that? Beat out the big boys too on that one. Who was it, UTSA or something that Brohm bested on that one? Dude had no offers for some reason lol

Wow, resorting to calling names because we have different perspectives..... How mature.
It's unfortunate that that your hide is so thin.
Boiler Up!!
No not at all because we have different opinions. I respect different opinions. I don't respect constant whining and trashing of someone. My hide is thicker than most, but I don't take sh.. of off anyone and I don't like people trashing someone before they have been given a chance. I also don't like someone lauding someone that treats my alma mater like sh.. . And complaining about name calling? You and your cohorts have been the biggest trashers of others on this forum. I've forgotten more about "decorum" than you will ever know. Your postings are proof of that.

Dont get why the fan base is pretending we didn’t put 4-8 on tape last year. This coach is a great recruiter. It’s obvious the talent level will go up. That’s great.

What’s also obvious is that there were GLARING scheme and coaching weaknesses that if Persist, we likely go 4-8 again next year even with an upgraded roster.

We should expect 6-6. Anything less is a failure…but I’m sure we’ll continue to blame Brohm…

Dont get why the fan base is pretending we didn’t put 4-8 on tape last year. This coach is a great recruiter. It’s obvious the talent level will go up. That’s great.

What’s also obvious is that there were GLARING scheme and coaching weaknesses that if Persist, we likely go 4-8 again next year even with an upgraded roster.

We should expect 6-6. Anything less is a failure…but I’m sure we’ll continue to blame Brohm…
Don't get why you don't have the common sense to see that Walters walked into a steaming pile of garbage. No starting quarterback? Having to hire your coaches and get things established when you had never done it before and very little time to do so? 6-6 is bascially what Brohm averaged over his entire tenure at Purdue. So Walters inheriting a team that didn't even have a quarterback and was facing a tougher schedule than Brohm ever faced was supposed to go 6-6? Without a starting quarterback? Clueless. Without injury to Card we would have been 5-7. If we had gotten to 6-6 you would have said we should have been better. I know people like you. Constantly moving the goalposts and totally full of BS.

Last edited:
Don't get why you don't have the common sense to see that Walters walked into a steaming pile of garbage. No starting quarterback? Having to hire your coaches and get things established when you had never done it before and very little time to do so? 6-6 is bascially what Brohm averaged over his entire tenure at Purdue. So Walters inheriting a team that didn't even have a quarterback and was facing a tougher schedule than Brohm ever faced was supposed to go 6-6? Without a starting quarterback? Clueless. Without injury to Card we would have been 5-7. If we had gotten to 6-6 you would have said we should have been better. I know people like you. Constantly moving the goalposts and totally full of BS.
He didn’t.

All will be apparent when we don’t make a bowl this year. If we do, I’ll eat my worday

• Haha
He didn’t.

All will be apparent when we don’t make a bowl this year. If we do, I’ll eat my worday
He didn't. I agree. I don't get the Brohm hate, but whatever. I also don't get your Walters hate either.

But why do you generalize the fan base for "pretending" we were bad last year? Show me where anyone pretended we had a better record than we did

Why do you automatically assume Walters will fail?

Reactions: z_one and cillerdo

It is a good thing that your opinion does not determine the 2024 season. The players and coaches do.

You lost credibility talking about Purdue’s schemes in your previous posts when you did not know our OLB were playing in the edges and thinking Illinois was not using the same Walters defense in 2023.

Yes the team has improved in depth, recruitment and transfers. And yes the 2024 schedule is tougher. Both can be true.
Yes we might not make a bowl in 2024, and yes this team might pull together and make a bowl in 2024.

As a Purdue fan I will be rooting for our players and coaches to improve upon the 2023 season.

Teams are allowed to surprise or take steps back from year to year. Just ask TCU.

But you want C Walter automatically fail don’t you, Mrs Cignetti.

So you are really going to argue that Brohm being a legend at the school Moore was playing at was not by far the biggest factor in getting him? Stop it.

Scourton was obviously a great pickup. Great find. Guessing maybe it was Hagen that did that? Beat out the big boys too on that one. Who was it, UTSA or something that Brohm bested on that one? Dude had no offers for some reason lol
You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about.

It is a good thing that your opinion does not determine the 2024 season. The players and coaches do.

You lost credibility talking about Purdue’s schemes in your previous posts when you did not know our OLB were playing in the edges and thinking Illinois was not using the same Walters defense in 2023.

Yes the team has improved in depth, recruitment and transfers. And yes the 2024 schedule is tougher. Both can be true.
Yes we might not make a bowl in 2024, and yes this team might pull together and make a bowl in 2024.

As a Purdue fan I will be rooting for our players and coaches to improve upon the 2023 season.

Teams are allowed to surprise or take steps back from year to year. Just ask TCU.

But you want C Walter automatically fail don’t you, Mrs Cignetti.
1. Show me where I said our OLb weren’t playing outside as basically rush ends. I said that all year…and complained that we had 6’5” 280 lb Scourton trying to cover RBs and TEs down field and Sydnor and other DEs who should be hand in the dirt playing that LB spot and dropping into coverage. You can’t find the former…but you’ll find the latter in every game thread. Eat those words.

2. Right before the season, it came out that Walters ran Bielemas defense (or version of the defense we played this year) and that Bielema would not allow him to implement the full scheme as Walters really wanted to. That was BEFORE we found out that we either can’t run the scheme or that it sucks and landed us last in defense in the BIG. I’m not gunna go dig up the story but it’s out there. I read it.

Most P5 teams, if well coached should make a bowl. We could have last year, if well coached made a bowl.

Here’s a hint Mrs. Walters…better athletes and football players don’t play better with poor scheming and coaching from the staff. That’s the #1 hurdle we faced last year…but you pretend as if this issue didn’t exist!

• Haha
1. Show me where I said our OLb weren’t playing outside as basically rush ends. I said that all year…and complained that we had 6’5” 280 lb Scourton trying to cover RBs and TEs down field and Sydnor and other DEs who should be hand in the dirt playing that LB spot and dropping into coverage. You can’t find the former…but you’ll find the latter in every game thread. Eat those words.

2. Right before the season, it came out that Walters ran Bielemas defense (or version of the defense we played this year) and that Bielema would not allow him to implement the full scheme as Walters really wanted to. That was BEFORE we found out that we either can’t run the scheme or that it sucks and landed us last in defense in the BIG. I’m not gunna go dig up the story but it’s out there. I read it.

Most P5 teams, if well coached should make a bowl. We could have last year, if well coached made a bowl.

Here’s a hint Mrs. Walters…better athletes and football players don’t play better with poor scheming and coaching from the staff. That’s the #1 hurdle we faced last year…but you pretend as if this issue didn’t exist!
First you call me Mrs Burks, then Mrs Harrell and now Mrs Walters.
Mrs Cignetti I think you need to make up your mind.

The OLB comment came from Wolejib. But all you haters are a blur.

Most P5 teams are not playing our schedule.

oh and tell your husband to beat a Big Ten team first before he starts saying Big Ten teams suck.

He didn’t.

This response right here shows that you really didn't know anything about the football teams situation going into last year. You are totally clueless, yet act like you know everything that is going on. You eat your words every day(Brady Allen) as you have been totally unreasonable from the start in regards to Walters. Just admit you hate the guy and we can go on from there. You remind me of an 'ainter. You want to get rid of the guy no matter what he does. Best recruiting class in years and your comment is "let's see if they make it on campus". That is any teams risk, but somehow, you have to turn this into a Walters thing. BTW, did your hero take us to a bowl game every year? LOL

2. Right before the season, it came out that Walters ran Bielemas defense (or version of the defense we played this year) and that Bielema would not allow him to implement the full scheme as Walters really wanted to. That was BEFORE we found out that we either can’t run the scheme or that it sucks and landed us last in defense in the BIG. I’m not gunna go dig up the story but it’s out there.

As to #2 you don't know what you are talking about. But why should anyone be surprised about that? LOL

First you call me Mrs Burks, then Mrs Harrell and now Mrs Walters.
Mrs Cignetti I think you need to make up your mind.

The OLB comment came from Wolejib. But all you haters are a blur.

Most P5 teams are not playing our schedule.

oh and tell your husband to beat a Big Ten team first before he starts saying Big Ten teams suck.
pboiler18, I apologize for blaming you and your credibility for someone else’s error.

Just because you called me names does not mean I have to be immature about it.

Hopefully we can disagree without being nasty. I will continue to stick up for this team, players and coaches.

I will look forward to seeing our guys this Spring.

Have a good Sunday.

Steaming pile of garbage........What did Haze leave Brohm with?
Be careful, your trashing your university and speaking poorly of a coach that took your university to a Big 10 Championship....... I know, iknow, you don't take shit from no body.........

We should have made a bowl game, it's that simple....

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Be careful, your trashing your university and speaking poorly of a coach that took your university to a Big 10 Championship....... I know, iknow, you don't take shit from no body.........
Who's talking about Haze? What does he have to do with anything we are talking about? I'm not trashing Purdue, Brohm did that the way he left. I guess you wouldn't know because you really don't know anything about what happened to the team. I guess you didn't watch the bowl game. Being from Bippus, you know zippus. When Chris Schenkel left town, he took all the smarts with him. And no, I don't take it from anyone, especially someone that doesn't know anything. LOL

Last edited:
As bad as Haze was he left Brohm with two(2) starting quarterbacks. One(1) that is still playing in the NFL. Brohm left Walters zero(0)Zippus, starting quarterbacks. 'we should have made a bowl game, it's that simple...' Zippus from Bippus. LOL

Last edited:
  • Haha
Who's talking about Haze? What does he have to do with anything we are talking about? I'm not trashing Purdue, Brohm did that the way he left. I guess you wouldn't know because you really don't know anything about what happened to the team. I guess you didn't watch the bowl game. Being from Bippus, you know zippus. When Chris Schenkel left town, he took all the smarts with him. And no, I don't take it from anyone, especially someone that doesn't know anything. LOL
Bippus died when the 7-7 mini mart shut down. Sad, sad day.

• Sad
Who's talking about Haze? What does he have to do with anything we are talking about? I'm not trashing Purdue, Brohm did that the way he left. I guess you wouldn't know because you really don't know anything about what happened to the team. I guess you didn't watch the bowl game. Being from Bippus, you know zippus. When Chris Schenkel left town, he took all the smarts with him. And no, I don't take it from anyone, especially someone that doesn't know anything.

Didn't you mention that Brohm left Walters a steaming pile of garbage???? Did Brohm tell AOC and others to not play in the bowl game?
By the way, your Bippus assumption is painfully off target....

• Haha
Reactions: z_one and pboiler18
Didn't you mention that Brohm left Walters a steaming pile of garbage???? Did Brohm tell AOC and others to not play in the bowl game?
By the way, your Bippus assumption is painfully off target...
You don't think the coach leaving like he did contributed to guys not caring and not playing? LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: Inspector100

If this is true why do we see Walters on the sideline during timeouts talking to the guy holding the yard marker and not interacting with players at all. He pretty much did that all season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT