ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Northwestern MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Boilers go take out season long frustrations on IU next week……then ….take a hard look at what went wrong/right this year and make some tough decisions
Dont have a chance if card is out. NIce 3 -9 record Gotta go back to our last fired coach to get same results. NO Progress = 3-9 record. Thank The Heavens for bball season. I'm sure FB coach is happy too to get some heat off of him. but we willnot forget

Reactions: pboiler18
I pray that Purdue out plays IU for the Bucket, because we don't stand a chance of even out coaching Coach Allen......

Agree, Jaycee. If you haven't read any of the posts over the last 8 weeks you wouldn't know why myself and pb18 have fallen into TIC Mode.....
Geeeez, this is a power 5 conference. You don't hire coaches who need to grow. Go get a job at Ben Davis HS if he wants a job to grow.

Nope. Our OC is absolutely terrible. No reason why you can't get the ball in from the 1. Happened several times this year. And then taking Browne out when he was doing pretty good and gaining momentum was just stupid.
Fire the OC and keep the coach that hired him................ok.

Lol you guys are something else around here. We’d have won that game with Card. I’m not sure how this injury played out so for all we know Browne and Meredith did not even prepare to play. Either way, it was obvious that they could not execute a game plan that included throwing the football. That’s tough.

I’m not going to sit here and act like Harrell is a good OC. Seems he is pretty much what USC and WVU folks said he was all along. But this game was over the second Card was ruled out.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
Lol you guys are something else around here. We’d have won that game with Card. I’m not sure how this injury played out so for all we know Browne and Meredith did not even prepare to play. Either way, it was obvious that they could not execute a game plan that included throwing the football. That’s tough.

I’m not going to sit here and act like Harrell is a good OC. Seems he is pretty much what USC and WVU folks said he was all along. But this game was over the second Card was ruled out.
I don’t want to see anyone injured. I wish Card had played too if for no other reason, our coach has refused to give anyone else reps no matter how bad Card played. I do not know how you say with any certainty that we win with Card when he has been bad as many times (probably more) than he has been good. Brown had 200 total yards in 2/3rds of a game. Pretty solid for a guy who is taking his first snaps as a freshman.

Reactions: Kocher101
I don’t want to see anyone injured. I wish Card had played too if for no other reason, our coach has refused to give anyone else reps no matter how bad Card played. I do not know how you say with any certainty that we win with Card when he has been bad as many times (probably more) than he has been good. Brown had 200 total yards in 2/3rds of a game. Pretty solid for a guy who is taking his first snaps as a freshman.
I think it’s pretty clear that neither Browne nor Meredith is ready to operate a passing game. Browne was a gamer today I’ll give him that. I do think it was a bad decision to use Meredith at all. With Card the entire game plan would have been different. There would have at least been the threat of throwing the ball downfield.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
"I think it’s pretty clear that neither Browne nor Meredith is ready to operate a passing game. Browne was a gamer today I’ll give him that. I do think it was a bad decision to use Meredith at all. With Card the entire game plan would have been different. There would have at least been the threat of throwing the ball downfield."

Changing quarterbacks certainly doesn't help the rest of the players with a different cadence, probably why there were procedure penalties.

That’s just not true. Dumb mistakes and bad play calling cost us this game.

Pretty much a staple of all year!

Yeah you’re right, qb play usually doesn’t matter in football.
QB play wasn’t any worse today than it was in several games with Card this year. The same problem reared its ugly head…goaline and short yardage play calling. Without your top guy the margin for error goes down substantially. Play calling and insistence on playing Meredith cost us this game.

Reactions: Longboat Boiler
QB play wasn’t any worse today than it was in several games with Card this year. The same problem reared its ugly head…goaline and short yardage play calling. Without your top guy the margin for error goes down substantially. Play calling and insistence on playing Meredith cost us this game.
I agree with you about Meredith, he never should have taken a snap. And yes Card has had his share of bad games. But you really can’t seriously believe that Card being out was not a massive blow. You have to have at least some ability to throw the ball.

To each there own, but we didn’t watch the same game today.......

Last edited:
I agree with you about Meredith, he never should have taken a snap. And yes Card has had his share of bad games. But you really can’t seriously believe that Card being out was not a massive blow. You have to have at least some ability to throw the ball.
We had plenty of yards gained and our offense played on a short field most of the day. If Card had played, it would have opened up the play book, but today,Purdue didn't need Card to win, they just didn't.

Geeeez, this is a power 5 conference. You don't hire coaches who need to grow. Go get a job at Ben Davis HS if he wants a job to grow.
Why do you think he got hired? Who do you think is coming to Purdue to have one of the worst NIL, at the bottom of the conference historically, where you not only play against the big ten, but also Notre game and Oregon state?

Really good coaches who have served notice that they are really good don’t have to take the Purdue job. They can just wait.

Bobinski had to try to but low.

Who did you think we were getting.

If the NIL situation doesn’t improve, believe me, word gets out. The “just do better” crowd will be shocked at who doesn’t want the job the next time it opens up.

That’s just not true. Dumb mistakes and bad play calling cost us this game.

Pretty much a staple of all year!
5 sacks in the first half.

Just think, when Brohm’s defensive players are replaced, the QB won’t be able to hit quick bail outs to players covered by cam Allen.

Koy Beasley ain’t cam Allen lol. When Beasley committed to Walters, Pitt fans were pissed. He wasn’t just a guy they offered. He was supposed to be a jewel of the class from a school that turns out really good DBs.

You can’t be this dumb. It was clear from the jump that the deep and intermediate passes weren’t gonna be a thing from either QB.

Why the problems at the goal line? Well, NU knew neither QB was gonna pass. Kinda helps. Card is not Oconnell throwing the ball. These two guys were not card.

We had plenty of yards gained and our offense played on a short field most of the day. If Card had played, it would have opened up the play book, but today,Purdue didn't need Card to win, they just didn't.
If card plays they win the game. It was a true freshman playing his first game and whatever the hell Meredith is supposed to be

Reactions: Bippus33
Agreed
2 examples:
We take the 3 pts in the first half from the 10 vs going for it.
Run a damn qb push from the 1/2 yd line
10 pts pissed away right there…
No,no…we only lost because we can’t out NIL Northwestern! Give this coach more money and he’ll be great!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT