ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

You’re a moron. You go around insulting people who disagree with you like you’re some great guy.
I’m a fantastic guy.

You went personal. Not me.

I understand football. I understand I’m watching bad football.

You need data and spreadsheets to make excuses.

We are not the same.

I’m a fantastic guy.

You went personal. Not me.

I understand football. I understand I’m watching bad football.

You need data and spreadsheets to make excuses.

We are not the same.
I went personal on your knowledge of this topic. I’m sure like anyone else you’re passionate about your sports opinions. By the way my argument isn’t that Walters has been really good. It’s “let’s wait until he gets his guys”.

I went personal on your knowledge of this topic. I’m sure like anyone else you’re passionate about your sports opinions. By the way my argument isn’t that Walters has been really good. It’s “let’s wait until he gets his guys”.
Waiting til he gets his guys does nothing. We won’t get the guys who will be successful in this system. It’s not a system that works.

Worked at Illinois. Doesn’t work with cam Allen.
you’re never going to convince this guy that this team isn’t absolutely stacked with talent. He talks all the time about all this offensive talent Brohm left us that was super productive before and now isn’t. He can’t name a single guy of course but he sticks to his narrative

Reactions: z_one and krf3632
you’re never going to convince this guy that this team isn’t absolutely stacked with talent. He talks all the time about all this offensive talent Brohm left us that was super productive before and now isn’t. He can’t name a single guy of course but he sticks to his narrative
I showed the number of returning players from Brohm’s last year and hazells last year who had green pff grades of 70.0+.

Hazell 5
Brohm 4

Brohm was a slightly above average coach here. He built his roster like Darrell hazell

Who is the best Brohm recruit at linebacker (I count Barnes As d end) Alexander? In 6 years? That’s terrible

Who does he think is so good at WR? It’s a bunch of guys.

Reactions: z_one
Jesus guys. Broken freaking records. NOBODY is saying this team is loaded with talent. Most are saying this team is talented enough to have won 6-8 games this year if well coached. We are not well coached right now.

Fortunately, Walters has 2-3 years to show he can coach. We will see.

Jesus guys. Broken freaking records. NOBODY is saying this team is loaded with talent. Most are saying this team is talented enough to have won 6-8 games this year if well coached. We are not well coached right now.

Fortunately, Walters has 2-3 years to show he can coach. We will see.
The team was about as devoid of talent as when brohm took over

Reactions: z_one and krf3632
I disagree but even if what you say is true… Brohm won 7 games with his first team.

And I would argue the Big is much weaker now than Brohms first year.
This year is going to potentially be 11 winning teams. It’s one of the 5 toughest schedules in the nation. The other huge difference is the injuries. Night and day from the 2017 team.

The schedule in 2017 was ranked 45th.

Jeff brohm was 19-25 after four years. He got worse in year 3. When hazells defenders were gone, other than lucking into karlaftis, there wasnt much.

I disagree but even if what you say is true… Brohm won 7 games with his first team.

And I would argue the Big is much weaker now than Brohms first year.
Purdue has idiotic scheduling. And it’s terrible for next year too.

To drive this point home, in 1998, joe tiller played 6 bowl eligible teams. He was 2-4. He played 6 that weren’t bowl eligible. He was 6-0.

Why would we expect any coach to do what joe tiller couldn’t do?

This year is going to potentially be 11 winning teams. It’s one of the 5 toughest schedules in the nation. The other huge difference is the injuries. Night and day from the 2017 team.

The schedule in 2017 was ranked 45th.

Jeff brohm was 19-25 after four years. He got worse in year 3. When hazells defenders were gone, other than lucking into karlaftis, there wasnt much.
You mean year 3 when we lost our Sr qb and had to start a Freshman the rest if the year?

Just look at our wins and losses. You are being dense if you don’t think there are 8 wins for a good coach.

You mean year 3 when we lost our Sr qb and had to start a Freshman the rest if the year?

Just look at our wins and losses. You are being dense if you don’t think there are 8 wins for a good coach.
Ah so you note that, but missing the following for portions of the season isn’t far worse:

Mbow
Hartwig
Wilson
Klare
Moussa
Miller
Yaseen

Who is the best player who hasn’t missed any time? Brevard?

Give me a team we should have beaten and we can look at the pff from the previous season.

Purdue had four players return from last year who had higher than 70 in pff in 2022 on more than marginal snaps. One of them missed the first three games, one the last few and two are running backs.

So why should we have won 8? Cause you like Jeff brohm.

There was one key piece who was there for our 8 win seasons since 2003 and only our 8 win seasons

Aidan Oconnell

Ah so you note that, but missing the following for portions of the season isn’t far worse:

Mbow
Hartwig
Wilson
Klare
Moussa
Miller
Yaseen

Who is the best player who hasn’t missed any time? Brevard?

Give me a team we should have beaten and we can look at the pff from the previous season.

Purdue had four players return from last year who had higher than 70 in pff in 2022 on more than marginal snaps. One of them missed the first three games, one the last few and two are running backs.

So why should we have won 8? Cause you like Jeff brohm.

There was one key piece who was there for our 8 win seasons since 2003 and only our 8 win seasons

Aidan Oconn
Best player to not miss time? Burks, Tracy, Mock, Jenkins, Theinaman, I am sure others if I felt like going back to look.

With better coaching I think we win at least 3 or 4 of Fresno St, Syracuse, Iowa, Neb, NU, and Ind. we have 3 wins now so imo with good coaching we have 6-7 wins not counting a bowl game to end the season. 8 is a possibility but nobody wins every game they should.

Oline has been banged up but I think the line has been solid this season. Especially running the football. It sucks tha Klare got hurt but Miller is a heck of a TE and has played well.

None of this matters though because you have it in your mind that we don’t have enough talent. I believe if Brohm or ANY good coach was here we win a minimum of 6 games this season. The West is absolutely terrible.

I am rooting for Walters but imo this has not been a good year from a coaching perspective. Hell even today he still has Allen locking up man to man at the line of scrimmage on key downs. Gave up a big 3rd down reception today and Allen was 5 yards away from him. Fresno St should have changed that in game 1 of the season. Card should have been pulled in several games. We didn’t mix in zone coverage hardly at all until like the 8th game.

Walters has a couple more years and I hope it gets turned around and grows. But nobody can convince me that this shouldn’t have been a bowl team this year.

Boiler up!

Best player to not miss time? Burks, Tracy, Mock, Jenkins, Theinaman, I am sure others if I felt like going back to look.

With better coaching I think we win at least 3 or 4 of Fresno St, Syracuse, Iowa, Neb, NU, and Ind. we have 3 wins now so imo with good coaching we have 6-7 wins not counting a bowl game to end the season. 8 is a possibility but nobody wins every game they should.

Oline has been banged up but I think the line has been solid this season. Especially running the football. It sucks tha Klare got hurt but Miller is a heck of a TE and has played well.

None of this matters though because you have it in your mind that we don’t have enough talent. I believe if Brohm or ANY good coach was here we win a minimum of 6 games this season. The West is absolutely terrible.

I am rooting for Walters but imo this has not been a good year from a coaching perspective. Hell even today he still has Allen locking up man to man at the line of scrimmage on key downs. Gave up a big 3rd down reception today and Allen was 5 yards away from him. Fresno St should have changed that in game 1 of the season. Card should have been pulled in several games. We didn’t mix in zone coverage hardly at all until like the 8th game.

Walters has a couple more years and I hope it gets turned around and grows. But nobody can convince me that this shouldn’t have been a bowl team this year.

Boiler up!
Burks is just a guy. Tracy missed time.

Jeff brohm went 4-8 with far fewer injuries than this. In his first year he lost to 4-8 Nebraska and 4-8 Rutgers. Ryan Walters has yet to play a team that will only win 4 games

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT