ADVERTISEMENT

Prognosis for 2019

mathboy

All-American
Feb 4, 2004
Michigan
thinking about the up coming season. Maryland is always good and I expect MSU to be near the top as well. Anyone think we can finish third? Seems like we might have a chance if everyone stays healthy.

Reactions: DocRon
Woltman has looked great in Australia.. she will be a real force...I notice that she didn't start in the first Australian tour game and they lost and she scored 12 points on 6 for 6 around the basket and I thought they looked the best when she played... and then in the 2nd game she started and they won... she didn't score but led the team in rebounding...and they faced 2 teams with pros in their lineup. I like her in the starting 5 with Farquhar

Reactions: DocRon
Weird last game in Australia...McLauglin didn't play, didn't even see her on the bench and they got blown out by 19...And Woltman played a lot at the 5 which I guess they feel she can handle.. but she didn't look as good at the 5 as she does at the 4 jmho. Boy I wish they had great outside shooters besides McLaughlin... Hardin is so streaky... It's a work in progress.. didn't look good on the offensive end except for Harris...The freshman Harmon got lots of playing time in this game and again she doesn't shoot so it's a wasted position. They finish 2-2 on the road trip, and now head home and wait for several weeks to start regular season practice

Reactions: DocRon and kmot
Weird last game in Australia...McLauglin didn't play, didn't even see her on the bench and they got blown out by 19...And Woltman played a lot at the 5 which I guess they feel she can handle.. but she didn't look as good at the 5 as she does at the 4 jmho. Boy I wish they had great outside shooters besides McLaughlin... Hardin is so streaky... It's a work in progress.. didn't look good on the offensive end except for Harris...The freshman Harmon got lots of playing time in this game and again she doesn't shoot so it's a wasted position. They finish 2-2 on the road trip, and now head home and wait for several weeks to start regular season practice
Yeah, I was hoping someone knew why McLaughlin did not even appear in the box score. And Oden only played 24 mins. No wonder they shot poorly. I guess now is the time to experiment. I just hope McLaughlin is not hurt. Not a word about her in the short write up.

Yeah, I was hoping someone knew why McLaughlin did not even appear in the box score. And Oden only played 24 mins. No wonder they shot poorly. I guess now is the time to experiment. I just hope McLaughlin is not hurt. Not a word about her in the short write up.

Reactions: kmot
I'm sure the goal was to play all players, having said that Mclaughlin had to be either ill or injured to not play at all, hope we here something from someone in the know.
I've tweeted SV and the team several times about this and got no response... she wasn't in the last team photo on the Australia trip either... That's really strange. .

That is really strange. Losing her would submarine this entire season and may be the death knell for SV. If there is a serious problem it would seem something would come out. The lack of info about WBB is really sad for fans.
P.S. Looked at pix and stories ( even some of the game replays) at this site:
https://purduesports.com/archives.aspx?path=wbball
and MC was in some of the games. Hard to believe if something significant happened that word would not have gotten out so I will remain optimistic that she is okay until we hear otherwise. But there is an element of where there is smoke there is fire in this.

Last edited:
That is really strange. Losing her would submarine this entire season and may be the death knell for SV. If there is a serious problem it would seem something would come out. The lack of info about WBB is really sad for fans.
P.S. Looked at pix and stories ( even some of the game replays) at this site:
https://purduesports.com/archives.aspx?path=wbball
and MC was in some of the games. Hard to believe if something significant happened that word would not have gotten out so I will remain optimistic that she is okay until we hear otherwise. But there is an element of where there is smoke there is fire in this.
she may have gotten sick which is common when you visit other countries and had to stay in the hotel during the game and the picture, who knows?

she may have gotten sick which is common when you visit other countries and had to stay in the hotel during the game and the picture, who knows?
She retweeted the teams schedule on the 23rd, I'm guessing she got sick and was laid up and didn't play or attend the last game.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT