ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction... there will be more kneeling in the NFL today than in church

latest

I guess we have your picture. Now we just need your name.

The dudes taking a knee to protest some type of slight to their race are too stupid to articulate it, defend it, or rationalize it...do your stupid bs before, during, or after a game via a teleonference or interview...they don't, because they can't. I HATE THE POLICE...how many of them have died for you this year alone....look it up, its easy to fine. How many show up to get you to and from the game safely, while people are committing crimes in your city, neighborhood, and street, every day. Dipshits talk dipshit....the reason the nation is sick or all of this is because they see life like it is....not what George Clooney says it is. Kneel or stand, f off! Studs are still dieing overseas, everyday, to keep your bitch ass safe. Your life ain't tough....piss off.

Not to mention all the Cops who put their lives on the line every day to keep people safe. Keep trashing the Police dipshits, let's see how it is when the only people who become a cop are those who can't do anything else. Then let's see how your neighborhoods look.

Police aren't making everyone safer: hence the current protests!

Ok, tomorrow's assignment is for KH's concerned about racial and social injustice ( and that should be all of us). If you are employed go to your office tomorrow and ask to meet with your superior. When you meet tell him or her you are passionately concerned about the National Anthem imbroglio and have decided to have a sign made to wear on your work apparel. The message will be simple. "I Stand with Colin on the National Anthem." Tell your Boss you are going to wear it to work and exercise your first amendment rights to freely express your feelings about controversial issues of significant interest. Report back to the board and we can get a sense of how many employers have no problem with work place campaigns by employees to redress grievances of social injustice. I think it could prove enlightening for all of us.

Not the best analogy; the better analogy would be for all of us to go to work and silently kneel.

Then we will report back.

I disagree with my man Drew that standing for the anthem to show respect/that we're unified will "make things better." In fact I think the complete opposite. Protest is how you bring about change. Nothing will get accomplished if we (white people) just put our fingers in our ears and pretend like it doesn't exist. And yes I know he acknowledged that we have problems, but I don't understand how he gets to standing for the anthem will solve those problems.

You will never be allowed to become non racist. You will always be the problem. The only solution is to give them whatever they want politically, forever.

Don't you understand how this game works?

A cop shoots someone in the ghetto and its America's fault how? How about all the non-cops shooting people, when are we going to protest that....crickets.

These players are the people who need to wake up.

My favorite is when th Left decided to change their definition of Racism from racial prejudice to "racial prejudice plus power". Which is like saying you can only be a racist if you have something I want ($$$)

Im not playing that game.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSIT
Cops are far from perfect, but neither are ghettos. When we blame Cops for our problems, we are not being honest, and we are only ensuring the quality of our police will decline. Imagine when being a policeman is no longer considered a respectable job. Lookout below!

Last edited:
Many experts on driving social change in this thread. I'd like to hear their experiences on how it's properly done.

And just so we're perfectly clear, there is nothing more American than respectful protest. In the present case, no one is infringing on anyone's enjoyment of the national anthem. No one is disrupting your daily activity, threatening you, menacing you with openly carried weapons. It's mind boggling to me that anyone could have a problem with these men. They are protesting in exactly the manner it should be done.

So I get my dad on here and you will STFU? I highly doubt it. So your argument is worthless and weak. If I haven't sacrificed enough to meet your standard, then my opinion doesn't count? That isn't America either. We ALL have the right to an opinion. If you can't make a more compelling argument than that, then you are very weak indeed.
No one said your opinion doesn't count. The manner in which you are defending it is weak and shallow: it's not rooted in any conviction in which you've actually "sacrificed". Your dad can come on here and represent his opinion and his personal sacrifice just fine. You don't get to claim offense and cite sacrifices of others when you've made none yourself. That's not how this works. plenty of the people who have sacrificed side with the players exercising their right to protest.

Ok, tomorrow's assignment is for KH's concerned about racial and social injustice ( and that should be all of us). If you are employed go to your office tomorrow and ask to meet with your superior. When you meet tell him or her you are passionately concerned about the National Anthem imbroglio and have decided to have a sign made to wear on your work apparel. The message will be simple. "I Stand with Colin on the National Anthem." Tell your Boss you are going to wear it to work and exercise your first amendment rights to freely express your feelings about controversial issues of significant interest. Report back to the board and we can get a sense of how many employers have no problem with work place campaigns by employees to redress grievances of social injustice. I think it could prove enlightening for all of us.

That's a good thought exercise and I applaud you for bringing it up. My answer (if I weren't already the boss) would be that in most instances I wouldn't make the choice to mix work and politics, because it is very risky, not very rewarding (in terms of changing minds), and can damage the enterprise. Also, as you know, there is no first amendment protection for political speech in the workplace.

I might say "That is why what Kaepernick did and now others have done, including 28 of 32 NFL owners who have spoken out against the President's offensive remarks, is so courageous." And it is. But of course, the NFL is covered by the media which puts the whole thing on a different plane in terms of risk as well as reward. So the regular rules don't apply so well there.

That's a good thought exercise and I applaud you for bringing it up. My answer (if I weren't already the boss) would be that in most instances I wouldn't make the choice to mix work and politics, because it is very risky, not very rewarding (in terms of changing minds), and can damage the enterprise. Also, as you know, there is no first amendment protection for political speech in the workplace.

I might say "That is why what Kaepernick did and now others have done, including 28 of 32 NFL owners who have spoken out against the President's offensive remarks, is so courageous." And it is. But of course, the NFL is covered by the media which puts the whole thing on a different plane in terms of risk as well as reward. So the regular rules don't apply so well there.

Codified by the United States government:

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/36/301

For all white people posting here that really believe racism is one of the biggest problems facing America today ask yourselves what personally painful acts you have undertaken to change things.

The Civil Rights act was passed in 1965, before some of your parents were born.

IF you really want to put your money where your mouth is, go to your employer today and commit to finding your replacement within 90 days. Your replacement must be a person of color and you must resign when she (if you're a man) takes over your job.

Good luck.

Yes. People "should" stand during the anthem. Every American knows that. What is your point?

No they don't. If they did we would be taking about whether the bye will enable all our players to heal for the Minnesota game.

No they don't. If they did we would be taking about whether the bye will enable all our players to heal for the Minnesota game.

Des I think you are a smart guy. So I do not believe that you truly think that the main reason we are having this discussion is that...not all Americans know they "should" stand during the anthem.

It's a pattern with you in this medium, has been for many years, which is why others sometimes get irritated talking to you. Someone tries to engage you in thoughtful, respectful dialogue...and then, if your position turns out to be less than solid, you disengage by deflecting and changing the subject.

Des I think you are a smart guy. So I do not believe that you truly think that the main reason we are having this discussion is that...not all Americans know they "should" stand during the anthem.

It's a pattern with you in this medium, has been for many years, which is why others sometimes get irritated talking to you. Someone tries to engage you in thoughtful, respectful dialogue...and then, if your position turns out to be less than solid, you disengage by deflecting and changing the subject.

It is the official protocol of not only this nation but most civilized nations of the western world. If ever we have seen an example of the inmates running the asylum this is it. You seem to have some sense that mine is a minority position. Good luck with that!

Reactions: SKYDOG
Who knew in 2017 we'd be bitching about a non-violent protest against racial injustice.

Who thought that in 2017 we would see people deciding the proper way to stage a nonviolent protest against social injustice would alienate tens of millions of Americans who believe in demonstrating respect for the Nationsl Anthem and the flag. Meanwhile the President of a university is apologizing for demonstrating insensitivity for the choice of table decorations and menu for a welcome dinner for new minority students.
Just who gets to alienate and who has to surrender all decorum, protocol and etiquette?

Poor white people. We just feel so alienated when minority athletes kneel during the anthem. A thousand years of unchecked prosperity isn't enough. Why don't they just shut up and accept what we have done for them? We gave them the civil rights movement, so what else are they expecting?

Who thought that in 2017 we would see people deciding the proper way to stage a nonviolent protest against social injustice would alienate tens of millions of Americans who believe in demonstrating respect for the Nationsl Anthem and the flag. Meanwhile the President of a university is apologizing for demonstrating insensitivity for the choice of table decorations and menu for a welcome dinner for new minority students.
Just who gets to alienate and who has to surrender all decorum, protocol and etiquette?

The protest is very respectful. And it is needed in the current dangerous era. So to me all the pontificating about disrespect is -- in many cases -- masking something else.

I'm done talking about it...will just sit back now and see how things play out. I think you are on the wrong side of history on this one.

No one said your opinion doesn't count. The manner in which you are defending it is weak and shallow: it's not rooted in any conviction in which you've actually "sacrificed". Your dad can come on here and represent his opinion and his personal sacrifice just fine. You don't get to claim offense and cite sacrifices of others when you've made none yourself. That's not how this works. plenty of the people who have sacrificed side with the players exercising their right to protest.

Your argument makes no sense. I never wrapped myself in the flag or claimed veterans have some higher moral authority. That logic has come from others. I don't need to have made any sacrifices to make a winning argument. Besides Colin Kapaernick, none of these players have sacrificed anything. Will they? Maybe. I am an American and I can claim offense against my country because it is my country. End of story.

Poor white people. We just feel so alienated when minority athletes kneel during the anthem. A thousand years of unchecked prosperity isn't enough. Why don't they just shut up and accept what we have done for them? We gave them the civil rights movement, so what else are they expecting?

I haven't heard that argument. Nice straw man.

The angry old white men of GBI.. most of whom are upper middle class.. are just so darn oppressed! Lord help them!

The angry old white men of GBI.. most of whom are upper middle class.. are just so darn oppressed! Lord help them!

Tell that to Alejandro Villanueva! Those old White men you disparage were the young White men who marched with or supported Dr. King and took the steps in Hiring equality and tearing down the barriers and promoting racial equality and harmony in the last fifty years. As I write this a Black woman is talking about the 216 children, almost all Black, killed in Chicago and she says want to make a difference, why not take a knee in the streets of Chicago instead of in a stadium filled with White, Black, Brown and Asian upper middle class men!

Reactions: BSIT
Tell that to Alejandro Villanueva! Those old White men you disparage were the young White men who marched with or supported Dr. King and took the steps in Hiring equality and tearing down the barriers and promoting racial equality and harmony in the last fifty years. As I write this a Black woman is talking about the 216 children, almost all Black, killed in Chicago and she says want to make a difference, why not take a knee in the streets of Chicago instead of in a stadium filled with White, Black, Brown and Asian upper middle class men!
Use your brain.. you haven't yet.. think about WHY they're protesting. There is a reason, and it's not to disrespect the flag. I respect my country, but I also understand other views.

Your argument makes no sense. I never wrapped myself in the flag or claimed veterans have some higher moral authority. That logic has come from others. I don't need to have made any sacrifices to make a winning argument. Besides Colin Kapaernick, none of these players have sacrificed anything. Will they? Maybe. I am an American and I can claim offense against my country because it is my country. End of story.
You may claim offense against your country if you want. I think it hypocritical to do so given the principles on which this country was founded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT