ADVERTISEMENT

Painter May Still Want Him and Purdue May Get Him BUT

Who created the circus? The kid or the media?
He's created his own circus. Isn't he the ONLY top recruit that has yet to make a decision? Didn't he commit to MSU then back out? Isn't he the one keeping all of the coaches (and teammates) in limbo? We are in the age of media. He (and his family) know exactly what they're doing. You can't blame this on the media.

You'd have to personally know him to know if headache would follow him to WL. Completely seperate thing from his recruitment circus which I dont blame him for. Its a big decision.

Reactions: heytherehoodoo
He's created his own circus. Isn't he the ONLY top recruit that has yet to make a decision? Didn't he commit to MSU then back out? Isn't he the one keeping all of the coaches (and teammates) in limbo? We are in the age of media. He (and his family) know exactly what they're doing. You can't blame this on the media.

Kid hasn't made a decision on where to go to school. Shocking an 18 year old is unsure

Media and fans are turning it into a circus.

You'd have to personally know him to know if headache would follow him to WL. Completely seperate thing from his recruitment circus which I dont blame him for. Its a big decision.
He is one of 5 players in the top 150 that hasn't made a decision, yet (I'm not counting Maker). He's a burger boy, the next one in line is #60. He's to blame for the circus.

Even in the current situation, he has no requirement to choose in any timeline other than what coaches put on him.

The drama is fan driven and Twitter idiot driven
That is the problem with all of this. He looks selfish. Its all about him. That might be true, but he plays a TEAM sport. His delay puts a bind on everyone else. He's not "required" to do anything at this time, but thats not very good for the team.

Reactions: Misfit1
I'm not buying that the kid is a problem. I want him to be committed to his choice when he finally makes it just like I hope all are when they choose a wife. It should be for the duration however long that is.

Reactions: rgarlitz
That is the problem with all of this. He looks selfish. Its all about him. That might be true, but he plays a TEAM sport. His delay puts a bind on everyone else. He's not "required" to do anything at this time, but thats not very good for the team.

Who is he putting in a bind? How is this harming anyone?

He wasn't enrolling until this summer anyway

Who is he putting in a bind? How is this harming anyone?

He wasn't enrolling until this summer anyway
Is this a serious question? How many offers were put on hold because teams were keeping an open scholarship for him? How much time could coaches be placing elsewhere?

I'm not buying that the kid is a problem. I want him to be committed to his choice when he finally makes it just like I hope all are when they choose a wife. It should be for the duration however long that is.
I agree with this. I just think its bogus to blame the media instead of him.

I'm thinking "What if I were a kid and had his decisions to make? Someone (a lot of someone's) will hate me for it. Many fewer will be happy. I'm moving out and putting my fate in someone's hands that I barely know. Everyone is giving me (mostly stupid) advice. Probably a few people I actually listen to are giving me different opinions. I committed and almost certainly meant it when I did. I changed my mind and the world of instant news blew up around me. I sure as hell wouldn't rush to my next decision.

Reactions: Frankie611
Media are the idiots on parade here. If he commits here, you all will be elated. Personally, I cannot wait until he is a BOILER. It is just a matter of time.....or so we have been told.

i think UK media guys are morons, listening to one of their radio stations, i think almost all of this is due to talking heads. They keep stating swanigan is a center, when he clearly doesn't want to play center. I'm still hopeful.

That's exactly how it works. One can't prove something thats not made public. Thats why you can't prove your claim, either.

So there is nothing out there that proves your claim. Silence proves mine.

At the end of the day, there isnt one player we were in on that we missed because of him extending his deadline beyond the spring signing period.

So there is nothing out there that proves your claim. Silence proves mine.

At the end of the day, there isnt one player we were in on that we missed because of him extending his deadline beyond the spring signing period.
We have one open scholarship then I guess proves my point. I wonder why? Sometimes you gotta use logic. Either you're very ignorant on how recruiting goes, or you're just trying to argue. Which is it?

Is this a serious question? How many offers were put on hold because teams were keeping an open scholarship for him? How much time could coaches be placing elsewhere?
Every recruit and their timeline impacts other recruiting decisions. This all cones down to strategic decisions by coaches on whether to wait on certain players' decisions and for how long. This isn't unique nor does it make Swanigan selfish, attention-seeking or any other negative quality you want to assign him.

This is the last time in the process where Swanigan has any control. He's best served to take as long as he needs to reach a decision he's comfortable with.

The fact that it frustrates you is a problem for you to figure out, not something he should even give a second thought to.

We have one open scholarship then I guess proves my point. I wonder why? Sometimes you gotta use logic. Either you're very ignorant on how recruiting goes, or you're just trying to argue. Which is it?
From what I've seen we aren't in on anybody even remotely as talented as this kid. So let's do it your way and give it to a lesser player and always wonder what if. Kind of what the Clapper does when he fills slots knowing he's going to Crean them at then end of the season or sooner if necessary.

We have one open scholarship. Painter was always going to hold it until spring signing period. You stated the delay in this period impacts other recruits. Who at this point in the game is a legitimate target that is offer worthy? If you wanted to complain about waiting until spring, and not offering someone else in the fall, fine. Complaining at this point when there are no viable targets is complaining to complain. We get it, you want resolution. My advice is to stop following the decisions of teenagers so closely.

Well, I don't know about any damn circus, but as I've said before I don't want the kid UNLESS he is totally committed to the team and the program. At this point I have to question this. As has been said, if he really wanted to be a Boiler then I think it would have happened by now..........of course you don't turn him down should he end up picking PU. Life will go on with or with out him. BTW, I think I read where the Kardashians are even getting pissed about losing the spotlight........oh well.

We have one open scholarship. Painter was always going to hold it until spring signing period. You stated the delay in this period impacts other recruits. Who at this point in the game is a legitimate target that is offer worthy? If you wanted to complain about waiting until spring, and not offering someone else in the fall, fine. Complaining at this point when there are no viable targets is complaining to complain. We get it, you want resolution. My advice is to stop following the decisions of teenagers so closely.
I could care less about where he goes. I've stated several times I'm happy with our team either way. You have no idea who we've passed on. Like I said, ignorant or arguing. I'm hoping arguing. I'll end and let you have your last word.

I could care less about where he goes. I've stated several times I'm happy with our team either way. You have no idea who we've passed on. Like I said, ignorant or arguing. I'm hoping arguing. I'll end and let you have your last word.

1) Lol at the guy saying im ignorant then saying they could care less
2) You posted a theory you couldnt prove and then dared me to disprove. Arguments dont work that way. Either you have proof or examples of what you say or are so full of shit that you cant realize your argument contains a fallacy.

Well, I don't know about any damn circus, but as I've said before I don't want the kid UNLESS he is totally committed to the team and the program. At this point I have to question this. As has been said, if he really wanted to be a Boiler then I think it would have happened by now..........of course you don't turn him down should he end up picking PU. Life will go on with or with out him. BTW, I think I read where the Kardashians are even getting pissed about losing the spotlight........oh well.

I get why you would question this, but Painter was burned by RJ's lack of commitment and undoubtedly had made his expectations clear to Swanigan. (If nothing else, Painter is known for honesty with recruits). Swanigan certainly has the option to go elsewhere if that's not what he wants.

I get why you would question this, but Painter was burned by RJ's lack of commitment and undoubtedly had made his expectations clear to Swanigan. (If nothing else, Painter is known for honesty with recruits). Swanigan certainly has the option to go elsewhere if that's not what he wants.

Your are correct.......the ball is in CS's court. I'm just waiting for him to at least pick it up LOL!!!! Don't get me wrong I would love to see him at PU, I'm just not holding my breath at this point.

Give me one other top 60 recruit (not named Maker) that isn't committed. I'll wait.
That's interesting that you eliminate Maker and cut it off at 60. Could it be that Nos. 61 and 62 are also uncommitted to date?

A fact that keeps getting forgotten in all this is that Swanigan reclassified, moving his decision date up by a year. He knew what it meant when he made that decision, but it still can have an adverse effect on the decision-making process.

Again, this is neither unique nor nefarious.

So glad there are anonymous adults on the internet judging a teenager's character because he hasn't picked a college within their predetermined time-frame.

That's interesting that you eliminate Maker and cut it off at 60. Could it be that Nos. 61 and 62 are also uncommitted to date?

A fact that keeps getting forgotten in all this is that Swanigan reclassified, moving his decision date up by a year. He knew what it meant when he made that decision, but it still can have an adverse effect on the decision-making process.

Again, this is neither unique nor nefarious.

So glad there are anonymous adults on the internet judging a teenager's character because he hasn't picked a college within their predetermined time-frame.
I didn't include Maker because he's from Canada and will probably play overseas instead of college ball. If being the only burger boy that hasn't decided doesn't make him unique, what about the top 30, the top 40, the top 50, the top 60??? 1 out of 60 players doesn't make him unique in your book?

I didn't include Maker because he's from Canada and will probably play overseas instead of college ball. If being the only burger boy that hasn't decided doesn't make him unique, what about the top 30, the top 40, the top 50, the top 60??? 1 out of 60 players doesn't make him unique in your book?
Wait, so because he's better than the other uncommitted players, he has more of a responsibility to commit in a timely manner?

That makes zero sense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT