ADVERTISEMENT

Painter May Still Want Him and Purdue May Get Him BUT

I didn't include Maker because he's from Canada and will probably play overseas instead of college ball. If being the only burger boy that hasn't decided doesn't make him unique, what about the top 30, the top 40, the top 50, the top 60??? 1 out of 60 players doesn't make him unique in your book?

Seriously, wtf are you trying to prove? And how you keep saying it's his fault is illogical. First, what is ITS? A media circus? You say it's not the medias fault, yet one of the two words in "media circus" is media. They make it out to be bigger than what it is. And personally, I don't even see any circus involved. His camp isn't really saying anything, which would typically imply that they don't want a circus involved. They want to make this decision quietly, themselves. And I'm damn glad that we are not only in the race, but supposed favorites.

Like nat said, if you don't have anything to back up your claims, no credible source, etc., then why are you making outlandish arguments? Isn't that the definition of a troll?

Answer this one simple question if he is not making this a circus, exactly what could any program that he is still considering do or say different that they didn't say over the past two years! He has been across the country playing AAU, visiting schools officially and unofficially so what is different two weeks ago, last week, today regarding mainly the same schools he has had on his list from the start?

IMO, he and the circus around his two year recruitment makes me feel like he is not worth the headache he will probably bring to a team! Like I said just an opinion!

Moot point, Jockitch & IU Star reporting he just signed with the Ft. Wayne Mad Ants. Jockitch wasn't drinking this time either. If Dan says it, it must be true!

Answer this one simple question if he is not making this a circus, exactly what could any program that he is still considering do or say different that they didn't say over the past two years! He has been across the country playing AAU, visiting schools officially and unofficially so what is different two weeks ago, last week, today regarding mainly the same schools he has had on his list from the start?

He wants one thing. Barnes and crew think something else. They are at an impasse

We have one open scholarship. Painter was always going to hold it until spring signing period. You stated the delay in this period impacts other recruits. Who at this point in the game is a legitimate target that is offer worthy? If you wanted to complain about waiting until spring, and not offering someone else in the fall, fine. Complaining at this point when there are no viable targets is complaining to complain. We get it, you want resolution. My advice is to stop following the decisions of teenagers so closely.

Thanks for being one of the voices of reason in this thread. This is a kid we're talking about. Did anyone on this board ever have to make a big decision he/she wasn't sure about? When you were eighteen, did you know exactly what you wanted to do in every way?

Maybe he's struggling with the decision. He's allowed to do that. There's nothing I've heard anywhere that suggests he's a bad person. If he chooses us, great. If he doesn't, that doesn't make him selfish. It just means he chose another school.

And he certainly can't control the rampant speculation (mainly by adults) about what he should do with his life.

He wants one thing. Barnes and crew think something else. They are at an impasse

Rosie probably wants him to go to Purdue. Caleb may have other plans? One would think, if he ever had Purdue as his #1 option, he'd have signed here already? He'd be a good get for Painter, but Purdue will do fine with or without him. If he wants to play for a good/solid/honest coach, he'll play for Painter/Purdue. Yes, Painter will make him play tough defense, full court, but when his college career is over, he'll have thanked Painter for the extra encouragement in strengthening his total game, unlike many other D1 coaches at this level.

He could do a hell of a lot worse than Painter & Purdue. He could be a good magnet too. Things didn't look all too bright for AJH his first 2 years here. Now look at his position, status & potential, the sky's the limit for AJ. AJH will probably be B1G Player of the Year. I know the odds are not good for such, but AJH sure would look good in a Pacer uniform after next season.

My guess is that Rosie wants him to attend MSU but Caleb wants Cal. Purdue is probably on the outside looking in. I hope I'm wrong but won't be heart broken for I believe AJ could be B1G player of theYr!

My guess is that Rosie wants him to attend MSU but Caleb wants Cal. Purdue is probably on the outside looking in. I hope I'm wrong but won't be heart broken for I believe AJ could be B1G player of theYr!

I was curious tonight and looked swanigan up on the Purdue directory (gives you everyone's email etc) and he's there.... Idk what it means but it could mean something.

I was curious tonight and looked swanigan up on the Purdue directory (gives you everyone's email etc) and he's there.... Idk what it means but it could mean something.

I think it means that you need to find better things to do with your time.

Thousands of 18 year olds have and have had the same decision he faces in accepting a scholarship or just attending a college or University as their next step! Your parents/guardians and your high school prepare you to make the best decision you can based on academics if you are not an athlete or academics and athletics if you are and everyone second guesses their choices if things don't work out. Without taking the first step who knows and with this day and age of transfers at the drop of a hat if your decision was unwise you change it! He knows nothing new today that he didn't know since he de-committed and with that he should be able to either listen to himself or Barnes and make a move! IMO I still believe he may not be a positive addition to a team's chemistry but time will tell!

I'm sure it took her less time to look that up than it took you to read this thread.
And the time to sign up for his'/her's first post. Doesn't it seem like we've had more than the normal new posters lately? They can't all be CALlowers or Spartulas, or can they?

That is the problem with all of this. He looks selfish. Its all about him. That might be true, but he plays a TEAM sport. His delay puts a bind on everyone else. He's not "required" to do anything at this time, but thats not very good for the team.

Have any of you naysayers watched any video on him Team Player? Hell Yes!!!

Calling a kid selfish because he doesn't commit on your timeline and saying "it's all about him" because he's "only one of 5 uncommitted" 5-stars sure does make it look like you think it's all about you.

Accurate. Amazing how many "fans" get their panties in a bunch because a recruit doesn't commit on their time. Pathetic really.

Accurate. Amazing how many "fans" get their panties in a bunch because a recruit doesn't commit on their time. Pathetic really.
God Family, etc. really got onto the wrong end of this discussion. He is usually a bit more fair to the kids than he was toward Swanigan. I reread his posts, and the whole concern was that the kid wasn't committing when GFC thought he should, and he refused to accept that the circus was created by the message boards, not by the kid. Wow.

You and I have had our disagreements over the season, but in this, I am total agreement with you.

:cool:

Calling a kid selfish because he doesn't commit on your timeline and saying "it's all about him" because he's "only one of 5 uncommitted" 5-stars sure does make it look like you think it's all about you.
Yes! He was selfish! Why are you all taking that as me badmouthing the kid? He is making a very important decision that will affect the rest of his life. I never said I blamed him. I'm just putting the responsibility of the situation where it belongs. He was the reason for the circus. He delayed his decision. He put other people in a bind with his delay. I'm just stating facts. I'm not berating the kid. The only point I made is that he was not the norm with how he delayed (as others said he was) and that he was the reason for the circus (not the "media"). I'm sorry you all want to take that as me hating on the kid. And I'm the one with my panties in a bunch?

Yes! He was selfish! Why are you all taking that as me badmouthing the kid? He is making a very important decision that will affect the rest of his life. I never said I blamed him. I'm just putting the responsibility of the situation where it belongs. He was the reason for the circus. He delayed his decision. He put other people in a bind with his delay. I'm just stating facts. I'm not berating the kid. The only point I made is that he was not the norm with how he delayed (as others said he was) and that he was the reason for the circus (not the "media"). I'm sorry you all want to take that as me hating on the kid. And I'm the one with my panties in a bunch?
GFCP,

Once again your post makes absolutely no sense at all. First you say he was selfish for taking his time in trying to make an important life decision, and then you say you weren't berating or hating on him. What the hell do you think saying he was being selfish is? Any player who takes his time in making a decision like this is creating a circus? The only circus around here is in your mind. Just because something makes sense to you doesn't make it a fact.

Reactions: mathboy
GFCP,

Once again your post makes absolutely no sense at all. First you say he was selfish for taking his time in trying to make an important life decision, and then you say you weren't berating or hating on him. What the hell do you think saying he was being selfish is? Any player who takes his time in making a decision like this is creating a circus? The only circus around here is in your mind. Just because something makes sense to you doesn't make it a fact.
Seriously? I have to define "selfish" for you? Fine.

Selfish: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself

Does that not describe Caleb when making his decision? The circus was how long he took (no other top recruit took this long) and the fact that he changed commitments. Everyone agrees it was a circus. I'm just stating who's responsible for the circus. I said his delaying affected other people. Someone asked who it affected. One example I gave was it was keeping coaches from offering other kids. The response was "prove it." I did. You all have fun arguing just to argue.

Does that not describe Caleb when making his decision?
Absoloutely freakin not. If you read anything about the whole CS recruitment process, he was making choices based on HIS needs. Not yours. Pull your head out of your ass.

Reactions: mathboy
We have one open scholarship. Painter was always going to hold it until spring signing period. You stated the delay in this period impacts other recruits. Who at this point in the game is a legitimate target that is offer worthy? If you wanted to complain about waiting until spring, and not offering someone else in the fall, fine. Complaining at this point when there are no viable targets is complaining to complain. We get it, you want resolution. My advice is to stop following the decisions of teenagers so closely.
Care to admit you were wrong (again), nat? I won't hold my breath.

Does that not describe Caleb when making his decision? The circus was how long he took (no other top recruit took this long) and the fact that he changed commitments. Everyone agrees it was a circus. I'm just stating who's responsible for the circus. I said his delaying affected other people. Someone asked who it affected. One example I gave was it was keeping coaches from offering other kids. The response was "prove it." I did. You all have fun arguing just to argue.

Here is the problem many on this board has with your position. Caleb has the personal responsibility to make this decision on his own time, for his own purpose. This is not concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself. This was his responsibility, and does not reflect an excessive concern with himself. From everything I hear, he was the one making the decision, which is perfect. It is in no way selfish if you accept and act on a task that is your responsibility.

You seem to think he should have committed on the time frame most convenient for you, which does, indeed, fit your definition of selfish, but applies it to you.

Now stop with your petulant and childish "Holding my breath". All these guys are Purdue fans and don't need your harassment. They have attempted to explain why you are on the wrong side of this issue, and you have refused to show the least bit of understanding.

:cool:

Sorry Mr. Clinton, but reasonable people know what the definition of "is" is.

Not at all. It just shows that people can't admit when they're wrong. I've been proven right, once again. Take it easy.
No you only think you have because it is YOUR perception. It doesn't make you right and in your case it is blatantly clear you aren't. You are simply trying to force your own line of thinking as fact when things clearly show you are wrong. As mathboy pointed out the only one that is being selfish with this is YOU because you wanted CS to commit on YOUR timeline.

So which poses the simple question, Were you part of the recruitment process? No? Didn't think so, so STFU.

Will we be reading about two deaths by thread suffocation?
I've got my fingers crossed that the answer to this question is YES!! Perhaps a slap fight to the death is in order. Throw the old fart in who started this mess and you could have a nauseating 3-way

I'd like to take a moment to publicly apologize....
I want to apologize to my former a-hole boss for quitting...I know leaving was a selfish decision...and it took me a while to make that decision...but I'm very happy in my new career.....
I want to apologize to all of the women I won't marry....I know it's a selfish decision....but I took my time and found my one true love.....sorry...
I want to apologize to the other Rivals sites....I know I could have joined any of them, but I'm a Purdue guy....I know I took my time to decide, and my decision was selfish...but, I'll live with it...
I want to apologize for this post....it's very selfish of me to have fun at others expense...

Ect, ect, ect....

Reactions: Pub1986
ADVERTISEMENT