ADVERTISEMENT

Our nation's COVID-19 response is a disaster !

Oh look Pete ! - We just went past 200,000 deaths and it's still the middle of September ! (ie All of the top experts follow John Hopkins.)

https://corona.help/

That makes your 250,000 number at the end of January look like a novice prediction, . . just as I predicted.

I KNEW you couldn't do it Pete - all mouth
This “COVID Death” stat might be the phoniest data point of all time. Completely worthless.

Your glee over others suffering and dying just trying to prove a point that you claim to be right is more than disgusting. Maybe consider being a better person in the days ahead.

Glee is not a word I would use, but I understand while you and others want to take pot shots when your leader looks like an idiot. You also seem to forget how Pete started our discussion. (ie using profanity in a vane attempt to undercut my comments and to make it personal - I am merely pointing out the facts now on what both of us projected would happen.

If people are too sensitive for that, I would suggest they would be better off staying in threads they know something about.

There aren’t 1k deaths per day. I can’t wait to call you out when the election comes around and there aren’t even close to 250k deaths.

You are in denial Pete ! ! Even the President's inner circle is coming down with it as we speak. Masks work, but we have a figurehead which is ignorant, has NO empathy and is a poor leader

220,000 Americans dead, averaging 45,000-60,000 cases / day, 30 states seeing a spike, and now for the Trump spreader events to winnow his followers further.

And to think people thought the SPRING was bad ! (Remember the 30,000/day period???)

I knew the "Trump economic reopening" would be a disaster. So predictable.

Reactions: indy35
220,000 Americans dead, averaging 45,000-60,000 cases / day, 30 states seeing a spike, and now for the Trump spreader events to winnow his followers further.

And to think people thought the SPRING was bad ! (Remember the 30,000/day period???)

Can’t fix the economy until you fix the virus. The Trump administration's stance on fighting the virus is pretending it isn’t as bad as it really is. That’s all they have now.

Can’t fix the economy until you fix the virus. The Trump administration's stance on fighting the virus is pretending it isn’t as bad as it really is. That’s all they have now.

I wholeheartedly agree with you Indy ! Trump & Fox continue to do what they do - LIE ! . . . and because a large percentage of his base are stupid people he gets away with it with most of his base.

However, . . . the EYE test is now coming to these followers and . . . will continue to with his rallies and no masks. A MAJOR surprise is steamrolling their direction !

CNN just showed a case in point. A guy thought the virus was no worse than the flu, etc . . and ended up with a family gathering which infected 14 family members, at least 2 hospitalized and 1 dead. That also doesn't factor in the "long-term" health issues of getting the virus. (ie Gives many something called a "Pre-existing" condition and that's something the Republican party is trying to eliminate healthcare for.

When his followers finally wake up to the fact that they have been duped and may have to pay for it for life . . I can't think they are going to be happy. Sadly, . . because they are less educated . . they won't recognize it until it's too late.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
There aren’t 1k deaths per day. I can’t wait to call you out when the election comes around and there aren’t even close to 250k deaths.

Pete, Try to stay focused ! ! Like a good Trumper, you always want to CHANGE your prior comments.

YOU said we would have 246,000 deaths on Feb 1st (Remember?) I said it would be higher than that and said that it was possible to get close to YOUR number by the election, if we got 1,000 deaths/day.

Yes . . the 1,000/day has slowed to around 500-700/day right now, but the point is:

YOU will be wrong . . . . AGAIN ! !

We are already closing in on YOUR number and it's NOT EVEN November yet ! ! (ie around 220,000 deaths right now, according to the John Hopkins data, which most credible folks use)

What do you think the Trump rallies will do to the numbers?? I am betting it will ADD to the death toll.

PS Your projection assumes we will have about 235 deaths/day between now and Feb 1st, at a time when the daily cases are CLIMBING to around 45,000-60,000 cases / day ! !

The U.S. economy has far outperformed all expectations from March/April (after Covid 19 was factored in) in regards to unemployment rate, growth, and stock market. The U.S. economy has fared better than any of the large European economies (even Germany that wasn't hit as hard by Covid 19).

Now let's look at the state laboratory.

New York Unemployment rate 12.5%
Florida Unemployment rate 7.4%

So a better way to put it is you can't fix economy, until you learn to live with Covid 19. Florida decided to do its best to protect the most vulnerable from Covid 19, while opening up the rest of the economy. New York ignored the most vulnerable by sending Covid 19 infected patients back into Nursing homes. They have also had much stricter economic lockdowns.

By your theory New York should have a lower Unemployment rate than Florida today. Florida's economy should be getting destroyed because of its extreme reliance on tourism. Its economy is on the way back because of actions taken by Governor Desantis. Meanwhile people are fleeing New York and its Unemployment rate stands at 12.5% because Governor Cuomo doesn't understand the long term societal and economic consequences of his Covid 19 leadership.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
You stated my number would be reached by the election. We won't even be close. There are only 200k deaths right now according to the CDC. You will be wrong on that comment as usual.

We will see what happens between now and February 1st.

Regardless, the virus has a 99+% survival rate. By all means continue your freak out though. I hope you have been keeping yourself and your family locked away in your house.

That's ANOTHER LIE Pete ! - just like your orange hero.

I said it was possible. (ie If we had 1,000 deaths /day, which were were seeing at the time.) You seem to have problems with understanding context Pete, as in . . . you DO realize that it's possible that we could get close to Pete's number by the election versus FEB. MY projection was CLEAR and it was for the end of Jan.

PS No one CREDIBLE follows the CDC Pete and hence the reason I originally said you were out of your element. I KNEW you would try to back out of your crazy projection.

Actually, I just got back from a Fall trip through the midwest (Iowa, Wisconsin, etc..) - Had some spare time on my hands and obviously not worried about MY covid procedures.

PS No one CREDIBLE follows the CDC Pete and hence the reason I originally said you were out of your element. I KNEW you would try to back out of your crazy projection.

There are only 200k deaths right now according to the CDC. You will be wrong on that comment as usual.
I am going to award you both one Pinocchio.

A) Yes, the CDC still provides reliable and credible information. They track deaths a little different, so their numbers are a little lower, but that does not kill their credibility.
B) I just checked the CDC site, and they currently show 214,000. That's a bit closer to the 220k on Worldometer compared to just 200k.

The CDC says there are 201,736 deaths that involved COVID at all (ie. Covid didn't even need to be the cause of death).
Interesting. This link has the 214. I'll have to dig into it a little later to see if I can figure out why there are different numbers.

EDIT: Found it. If you scroll down on the link you provided, there is the following passage:

"Why These Numbers are Different
Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Counts by NCHS often track 1–2 weeks behind other data.

• Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps to filling out and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays.
  • States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation between states.
  • It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths. While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded by a person, which takes an average of 7 days.
  • Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths."

So your site could still be out-of-date by a week or two.

Last edited:
No, you clearly stated we WOULD be at my number (240k) by the election. It was a dumb comment, just admit it.

You never gave a prediction for February 1st, you simply demanded that I give one. You were too scared to do so. Given how awful your 240k deaths at the time of the election prediction was, I don’t blame you for not giving an additional prediction two more months out.

The CDC is more credible than a biased John Hopkins metric.

Wait, so you and your family took a vacation during this crazy pandemic? How hypocritical of you.

Squirming eh ?? Don't worry . . when the day comes, I will repost your exact comments AND mine !

Like I repeatedly say Pete - focus on what you know - THIS isn't it ! ! First, you and the others claim the CDC was WRONG on everything. Now they are YOUR bible ?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

PS What is hypocritical about taking a 2 wk vacation?? I just must be doing better than you Pete. SHOCKER !

PSS Planning the next vacation now

It’s hypocritical for you to travel after you have been the biggest crybaby on the board when it comes to the virus. You’ve been claiming we need to go on a total lockdown, yet you are out taking a two week vacation like the little hypocritical b*tch you are. You should be practicing what you preach or STFU.

I was in Florida last week and Vegas next week thanks for your concern though.

Again . . you are a LIAR - But some people can't change their stripes.

Since you seem to have a HARD time following intelligent conversation Pete, let me help you out with plain language:

I have never had any problem with people going out as long as they are smart about it and my comments relating to a 2-3 week "coordinated" shutdown just makes sense when there are so many ignorant people out there. Otherwise, we will continue to see the ongoing impact on everyone's lives.

Again, . . grow up Pete. Anyone who has to repeatedly call people names when they can't articulate a decent argument has no confidence in themselves. Put your big boy pants on buttercup and try to act like an adult. It will be hard, but you will eventually be able to do it.

You advocated for a 3 week shut down to “get rid of the virus” (obviously that wouldn’t get rid of the virus), yet you took a two week vacation across multiple states lol. You are a hypocrite.

You tell me to “grow up”, because I “called you names”, yet in the same post you call me a “LIAR” and to “put my big boy pants on buttercup”. This just further proves how hypocritical you are.

Why don’t you join us again on KHC? Still pouting that you got laughed off that forum?

wah wah wah wah wah ! ! I wasn't on the board for awhile because I was vacationing. I guess you couldn't put 2 and 2 together

PS NOT doing a coordinated shutdown for the ignorant hasn't worked out too well, has it ? Like usual, you don't know what the hell you are talking about - just banter

wah wah wah wah wah ! ! I wasn't on the board for awhile because I was vacationing. I guess you couldn't put 2 and 2 together

PS NOT doing a coordinated shutdown for the ignorant hasn't worked out too well, has it ? Like usual, you don't know what the hell you are talking about - just banter

Like we’ve been saying, COVID’s not going anywhere, so maybe let’s not have Slow Joe shut us down and destroy the economy for absolutely no reason.

Reactions: PurduePete98
Oh look ! ANOTHER daily record ! OVER 74,000 cases and another 977 deaths. Not only hasn't Donnie Do nothing been able to do ANYTHING, but it's conpletely out of control !

I can't wait to get this moron out of the white house ! Tomorrow's vote will be my easiest one ever - my first straight line vote. Anyone who supported this idiot needs to be replaced.

Oh look ! ANOTHER daily record ! OVER 74,000 cases and another 977 deaths. Not only hasn't Donnie Do nothing been able to do ANYTHING, but it's conpletely out of control !

I can't wait to get this moron out of the white house ! Tomorrow's vote will be my easiest one ever - my first straight line vote. Anyone who supported this idiot needs to be replaced.
How many of those 977 reported deaths people who tested positive with the CCP virus weeks/months ago and ended up dying of something else later on?

You are in denial Pete ! ! Even the President's inner circle is coming down with it as we speak. Masks work, but we have a figurehead which is ignorant, has NO empathy and is a poor leader
If masks worked, then why are there so many areas having massive spikes AFTER mask mandates. And I'm not just talking about the US. It's happening all over the world. There is one place that isn't having spikes, and they don't mandate masks. Can you guess where that is?

Last edited:

If you had half a brain cell you'd understand that we don't live in a vaccum. If the virus is all that mattered, then closing would be a good idea. The fact of the matter is though, that we don't live in a vaccum and there are many things much worse than the virus that happens when you shut down. Hell, even the WHO has come out and said that they don't recommend anyone using shut downs to handle this virus anymore because the effects of a shut down are far worse.

There’s nothing that Biden can do that Trump isn’t already doing.

COVID is not going away anytime soon, in fact it probably will be with us forever. Lockdowns don’t work, and Slow Joe can’t enforce a National mask mandate. Get out from under the covers and get on with your life.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I sure hope MJ keeps us all updated daily on the upcoming flu season. Number of cases, deaths and his wisdom on how we should keep our country lockdowned for the flu. Remember MJ, the common flu kills more children than the CCP virus does!

Reactions: PurduePete98
I sure hope MJ keeps us all updated daily on the upcoming flu season. Number of cases, deaths and his wisdom on how we should keep our country lockdowned for the flu. Remember MJ, the common flu kills more children than the CCP virus does!
Ebola, the bird flu, and the Zika virus are all still out there somewhere too!

I hope MJ is staying safe under the covers!

Reactions: SKYDOG
There’s nothing that Biden can do that Trump isn’t already doing.

COVID is not going away anytime soon, in fact it probably will be with us forever. Lockdowns don’t work, and Slow Joe can’t enforce a National mask mandate. Get out from under the covers and get on with your life.

Sure he can - it's called LEADERSHIP and protecting Americans ! - (Something Trump has never understood and quite frankly . . doesn't care about)

Sure he can - it's called LEADERSHIP and protecting Americans ! - (Something Trump has never understood and quite frankly . . doesn't care about)
Yes. Slow Joe just oozes “leadership” with the slurring and stumbling.

And how is he going to “protect” Americans, exactly? I know 3 people who have the virus right now, they’re all going to be fine, and there’s not a damn thing Trump or Slow Joe could have done to keep them from getting it.

So what exactly should he do differently that would cause less deaths and eradicate the virus more quickly while not sending the US into an economic depression?

Pete, I have answered this question repeatedly . . and none of the TRUMPERS want to hear the truth. but . . . I will list the issues for those with an open mind. (ie It won't be you !)

1.) True Leadership - He will start by educating people with the TRUTH ! - no lies, snake oil salesman or voodoo witch doctors claiming they have a cure, just science, facts and our best understanding at the time.

2.) We need a 3 week HARD shutdown for the entire nation ! (on most activities outside of work - including K-12 schools.)

If businesses can figure out how to socially distance their workers, I say . . let em work, but if their COVID cases jump . . they have to shut down or go to part-time work so they can socially distance

Look, . . we all should know by now that it's the social gatherings that are driving the spread, so focus on that area. (Beaches, bars, all large gatherings, etc.. AND . . it MUST be done across all 50 states at the same time !) Our country is currently playing Wack-a-mole (It will NEVER work ! - and the constantly climbing numbers prove it ! How many other nations have a track record where every month generates a new high mark on cases? ? ? Not many, huh ?

3.) We need BETTER, more ACCURATE tests, with FASTER turn-around times on the results. (ie Getting results in 5-7 days is worthless !)

This is NO time to play the "It has to be AMERICAN" card - Go BUY the best tests in the world and/or copy their processes if there is no more capacity. My personal belief would be to use South Korea's tests. This means get some expert supply management people negotiating for the entire country versus personal cronies that have a hard time coordinating a tea party. Lives are on the line !

4.) We need a national policy on mask wearing ! (Violate it and there should be penalties, fines, etc..) We should not just accept people who want to endanger fellow Americans, because they FEEL like it's there right ! - We have a crisis and real leaders should lead BY EXAMPLE ! Those around the world who are doing the best are religiously using masks - We should too !

Yes, . . there will be an economic impact to everyone, but it will be LESS than the last 10 months have been !

5.) We need more design of experiment studies down on the virus so we all know what are the REAL issues ! (What exactly is causing the spread - close contact w/o masks?, airborne particles in rooms?, people who are coughing/yelling/singing?, What is causing the worst cases in those under 50?, Can you get it again? , What percentage of people who get it have long-term health issues?, Are the worst cases caused by total viral LOAD ? (Amount of particles you take into your lungs / minute? , Would better filtration devices in rooms dramatically lessen the spread in-doors?, etc...) We had a great chance to do these when Americans were first brought back from foreign countries to our military bases, but . . sadly didn't !

6.) Focus on the Nursing homes, the prisons, the jails, arenas, trains, music halls, etc.. and the laws which are allowing people to spread the virus. (ie Indiana allows nursing home patients to transfer when infected - That's NUTS !)

7.) Focus on therapies for the worst cases - If we can prevent the deaths, it will be more manageable and allow us more flexibility in how we tackle the virus. (500-1,000 deaths /day will delay our economic recovery.)

Pretty straight forward stuff. We need people to realize that a few things done RIGHT can make a sizeable DENT in the issues and deaths. A Laissez-faire approach bets American lives on LUCK !

Pete, I have answered this question repeatedly . . and none of the TRUMPERS want to hear the truth. but . . . I will list the issues for those with an open mind. (ie It won't be you !)

1.) True Leadership - He will start by educating people with the TRUTH ! - no lies, snake oil salesman or voodoo witch doctors claiming they have a cure, just science, facts and our best understanding at the time.

2.) We need a 3 week HARD shutdown for the entire nation ! (on most activities outside of work - including K-12 schools.)

If businesses can figure out how to socially distance their workers, I say . . let em work, but if their COVID cases jump . . they have to shut down or go to part-time work so they can socially distance

Look, . . we all should know by now that it's the social gatherings that are driving the spread, so focus on that area. (Beaches, bars, all large gatherings, etc.. AND . . it MUST be done across all 50 states at the same time !) Our country is currently playing Wack-a-mole (It will NEVER work ! - and the constantly climbing numbers prove it ! How many other nations have a track record where every month generates a new high mark on cases? ? ? Not many, huh ?

3.) We need BETTER, more ACCURATE tests, with FASTER turn-around times on the results. (ie Getting results in 5-7 days is worthless !)

This is NO time to play the "It has to be AMERICAN" card - Go BUY the best tests in the world and/or copy their processes if there is no more capacity. My personal belief would be to use South Korea's tests. This means get some expert supply management people negotiating for the entire country versus personal cronies that have a hard time coordinating a tea party. Lives are on the line !

4.) We need a national policy on mask wearing ! (Violate it and there should be penalties, fines, etc..) We should not just accept people who want to endanger fellow Americans, because they FEEL like it's there right ! - We have a crisis and real leaders should lead BY EXAMPLE ! Those around the world who are doing the best are religiously using masks - We should too !

Yes, . . there will be an economic impact to everyone, but it will be LESS than the last 10 months have been !

5.) We need more design of experiment studies down on the virus so we all know what are the REAL issues ! (What exactly is causing the spread - close contact w/o masks?, airborne particles in rooms?, people who are coughing/yelling/singing?, What is causing the worst cases in those under 50?, Can you get it again? , What percentage of people who get it have long-term health issues?, Are the worst cases caused by total viral LOAD ? (Amount of particles you take into your lungs / minute? , Would better filtration devices in rooms dramatically lessen the spread in-doors?, etc...) We had a great chance to do these when Americans were first brought back from foreign countries to our military bases, but . . sadly didn't !

6.) Focus on the Nursing homes, the prisons, the jails, arenas, trains, music halls, etc.. and the laws which are allowing people to spread the virus. (ie Indiana allows nursing home patients to transfer when infected - That's NUTS !)

7.) Focus on therapies for the worst cases - If we can prevent the deaths, it will be more manageable and allow us more flexibility in how we tackle the virus. (500-1,000 deaths /day will delay our economic recovery.)

Pretty straight forward stuff. We need people to realize that a few things done RIGHT can make a sizeable DENT in the issues and deaths. A Laissez-faire approach bets American lives on LUCK !

Your first point is SCIENCE!

Then your second point IGNORE SCIENCE!

This is why you get laughed out of town. I mean, you are still mentioning beaches.

We need BETTER MORE ACCURATE TESTS, we are doing the same thing as the rest of the world you childish hack.

You are a hack, but you make us laugh. :)

Thanks for the laugh after a BIG win. Stick to counting break pads.

Last edited:

2 and 4 are unenforceable, if not unconstitutional.

Everything else that’s worth doing is already being done.

Your first point is SCIENCE!

Then your second point IGNORE SCIENCE!

This is why you get laughed out of town. I mean, you are still mentioning beaches.

We need BETTER MORE ACCURATE TESTS, we are doing the same thing as the rest of the world you childish hack.

You are a hack, but you make us laugh. :)

Thanks for the laugh after a BIG win. Stick to counting break pads.

Ha ha ha ha ! I never got laughed out of town - That's just more Trumpism ! (it's called : You wish !) IF you think you have any expertise in the area lets hear it !

- Give us your prediction for cases and deaths which we will have at the end of March and while you are at it, please explain why the southern states are too dumb to figure this thing out - EVEN New York has done that ! (Compare the graphs over the last 6 months !)

Tests - You are a NOVICE and an idiot if you think that ! Go research the accuracy of our tests. It's like making a coin flip, UNLESS you take the tests with major symptoms. I call that disgraceful ! We USED to be LEADERS in science and things like this - but NOT under the orange man - good riddance !

1. Absolute non issue. Americans are smart enough to look at all the evidence and make a decision for themselves. The ramblings or lack there of of one man mean nothing.

2. Lockdowns have been proven to be ineffective, you dimwit. Do you even know what’s happening in Europe? They all had hard lockdowns which destroyed their economies, and they are still getting smashed by the virus even now.

3. We literally have 15 minute tests at this point. No test takes 5-7 days to get results at this point. Those numbers were from back in the spring time.

4. This unconstitutional. Biden himself retracted this stance when he found out such a move was not allowed.

5. These studies are already taking place.

6. The focus is already on those at risk. It was nuts for Cuomo to kill all of those people by packing nursing homes with positive patients, that much we agree on.

7. We are already one of the best countries in the world as far as covid death rate goes. These advanced therapies are already in place and continuing to be developed.

I asked you what Biden would do differently. It sounds like the only thing he would do differently is lockdown the country and have a national mask mandate. One has been proven ineffective and would be idiotic to implement, and the other is unconstitutional. I’ll take the Trump administration response over the Biden administration all day every day.

AND . . you can't read or comprehend the words. Donnie is doing VERY LITTLE of ANY of that ! No leadership, no tests, no accuracy, no lead by example, no focus on coordination, no nothing . . except it's going away, " I " got this, I think we should trust the Texas witch doctor and while you wait . . . drink beach !

Ha ha ha ha ! I never got laughed out of town - That's just more Trumpism ! (it's called : You wish !) IF you think you have any expertise in the area lets hear it !

- Give us your prediction for cases and deaths which we will have at the end of March and while you are at it, please explain why the southern states are too dumb to figure this thing out - EVEN New York has done that ! (Compare the graphs over the last 6 months !)

Tests - You are a NOVICE and an idiot if you think that ! Go research the accuracy of our tests. It's like making a coin flip, UNLESS you take the tests with major symptoms. I call that disgraceful ! We USED to be LEADERS in science and things like this - but NOT under the orange man - good riddance !

So, covid testing is a coin flip UNLESS you have "major symptoms"?

What would Biden do differently? Nothing effective but you can bet Hunter and Jim Biden would fill their pockets along the way.

Hey @MJ-79Boiler - how’s Slow Joe’s National Covid Policy going ?

Joe Brandon seems to be 0-7 on your hit list

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: Riveting and SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT