ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pandemic response team eliminated in 2018

Is it true he knew about a viral outbreak as early as January 22nd? Yes.

Is it likely he know at least 3-5 days ahead of time? Yes.

So we have an informed President who waited two months to take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening. As with most issues that the federal government has made in times of crisis...they totally dropped the ball in properly prepping for this. The USA has a bad habit of pussyfooting around with the exception of Desert Storm.

Trump fired his pandemic response team and then promptly pissed down his leg when it came time to make decisions bc it would have an impact on his image because the market would suffer.
JD before you sound like Indy, please take the time to read reports why the pandemic team was shut down.

Reading any of your mind-blowing posts IMMEDIATELY reminds us that we're reading the Twinster on the G.D. Board......never any doubt about that....

Reactions: Biggie357

That last line is why modern "journalism" is so alarming. Its baked into the cake now that this administration slashed budgets and eliminated the pandemic team. For instance, presented with the facts, a group of posters around here - keswci, miksta, indy, duobleyou, etc. won't change their mind and admit they were deceived by the media.

No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

As The Post reported in 2015, from the Clinton administration to the Obama administration’s second term, the NSC’s staff “had quadrupled in size, to nearly 400 people.” That is why Trump began streamlining the NSC staff in 2017.

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.

Is it true he knew about a viral outbreak as early as January 22nd? Yes.

Is it likely he know at least 3-5 days ahead of time? Yes.

So we have an informed President who waited two months to take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening. As with most issues that the federal government has made in times of crisis...they totally dropped the ball in properly prepping for this. The USA has a bad habit of pussyfooting around with the exception of Desert Storm.

Trump fired his pandemic response team and then promptly pissed down his leg when it came time to make decisions bc it would have an impact on his image because the market would suffer.

I’m actually thinking what occurred for awhile was essentially Groupthink within the Trump administration. Many people went along with Trump’s ideas bc they fear the man and his repercussions that come with being on his bad side. Privately people appear to not agree with him but a toxic environment coupled with massive turnover as led to nobody willing to challenge a POTUS who isn’t capable of leading the country in the proper direction.

I will say that it appears as though steps finally took place to get the country on the right path starting Friday of last week BUT these are steps that should have occurred 2-3 weeks prior. Imagine where our testing would be had we been 21 days sooner. Imagine the ability to properly communicate with people when they could see real numbers 2-3 weeks ago rather than the hope people will buy in before numbers are out and we simply work with projections.

the ball was dropped on this on a multitude of levels...I hope that the country can play catch-up.

I’m actually thinking what occurred for awhile was essentially Groupthink within the Trump administration. Many people went along with Trump’s ideas bc they fear the man and his repercussions that come with being on his bad side. Privately people appear to not agree with him but a toxic environment coupled with massive turnover as led to nobody willing to challenge a POTUS who isn’t capable of leading the country in the proper direction.

I will say that it appears as though steps finally took place to get the country on the right path starting Friday of last week BUT these are steps that should have occurred 2-3 weeks prior. Imagine where our testing would be had we been 21 days sooner. Imagine the ability to properly communicate with people when they could see real numbers 2-3 weeks ago rather than the hope people will buy in before numbers are out and we simply work with projections.

the ball was dropped on this on a multitude of levels...I hope that the country can play catch-up.

This is ****ing hilarious.

No firings. No "piss down the leg".

Last edited:
That last line is why modern "journalism" is so alarming. Its baked into the cake now that this administration slashed budgets and eliminated the pandemic team. For instance, presented with the facts, a group of posters around here - keswci, miksta, indy, duobleyou, etc. won't change their mind and admit they were deceived by the media.

No, the White House didn’t ‘dissolve’ its pandemic response office. I was there.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...=wp_main&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

As The Post reported in 2015, from the Clinton administration to the Obama administration’s second term, the NSC’s staff “had quadrupled in size, to nearly 400 people.” That is why Trump began streamlining the NSC staff in 2017.

One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled.
excellent spin!

Reactions: Monkey Pox

his fans think we just hate the man. Not his gross incompetence, not his penchant for surrounding himself with sycophants and yes-men, not his inability to listen to expert opinions.

Trump supporters are doing a great disservice to this country by making up excuses to cover up trumps incompetency. He had plenty of time to get testing up and running. That should have been his main focus in late January and February. Cut the bullshit guys.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Okay, but the U.S. could have had a test that actually works in 2 seconds if the chief executive would have said yes to WHO when they offered it.

In your 72 hours, South Korea tested 30,000 people. That’s right, 30,000.

If there is any success in this, it belongs to the people of the United States who have voluntarily shut down their lives without any guidance from the chief executive.

You were misled by the media. The test was never offered, because as in all past administrations, the WHO test was only offered to countries without developed health systems.
https://khn.org/news/biden-falsely-...oronavirus-test-kits-that-were-never-offered/

You were misled by the media. The test was never offered, because as in all past administrations, the WHO test was only offered to countries without developed health systems.
https://khn.org/news/biden-falsely-...oronavirus-test-kits-that-were-never-offered/
WRONG.
The World Health Organization clearly offered their COVID-19 testing availability to the United States, as Congressional hearings unquestionably indicated. By the end of February, almost SIXTY countries had taken advantage of the W.H.O.'s offer for the kits. Only to those w/o "developed health systems" ? B.S.
The right-leaning Kaiser Health News source is politicized, as anyone reading material on their website can easily discern.
Nice try.

WRONG.
The World Health Organization clearly offered their COVID-19 testing availability to the United States, as Congressional hearings unquestionably indicated. By the end of February, almost SIXTY countries had taken advantage of the W.H.O.'s offer for the kits. Only to those w/o "developed health systems" ? B.S.
The right-leaning Kaiser Health News source is politicized, as anyone reading material on their website can easily discern.
Nice try.

In every other country in the world, you can be tested if you want.

Not here.

WRONG.
Nice try.
Reference to the testimony? Nobody would ever lie to Congress, right? Who said it? What source would you like? Politico and Snopes has the same fact check. Even Facebook removed this claim as false! 2 separate people answered this question today, one from the CDC and the Admiral on the team in charge of testing.
Maragaret Harris, a WHO spokeswoman said. "No discussions occurred between WHO and CDC about WHO providing COVID-19 tests to the United States. This is consistent with experience since the United States does not ordinarily rely on WHO for reagents or diagnostic tests because of sufficient domestic capacity." Maybe they should haul her in front of Congress to get the real truth, huh?

In every other country in the world, you can be tested if you want.

Not here.
This was covered in the press conference today as well by the CDC. One of the issues with the WHO test was found to be high false positives/negatives. An inaccurate result is worse than not having a test. I think in the other thread that got moved to the free board, the FDA bureaucratic delays and manufacturing problem with the CDC test have been covered. It is unfortunate that tests have not been available sooner. But the scale required here is unprecedented and cannot be compared to the flu tests developed by the CDC for Zika or Ebola. The faulty reagent was the main reason more tests were not ready earlier. No matter who was in the White House, the process has always been for the CDC to develop their own test. This time their process had a manufacturing failure.

Reactions: ecouch
This was covered in the press conference today as well by the CDC. One of the issues with the WHO test was found to be high false positives/negatives. An inaccurate result is worse than not having a test. I think in the other thread that got moved to the free board, the FDA bureaucratic delays and manufacturing problem with the CDC test have been covered. It is unfortunate that tests have not been available sooner. But the scale required here is unprecedented and cannot be compared to the flu tests developed by the CDC for Zika or Ebola. The faulty reagent was the main reason more tests were not ready earlier. No matter who was in the White House, the process has always been for the CDC to develop their own test. This time their process had a manufacturing failure.

And that was an inaccurate statement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/17/health/coronavirus-tests-who.html

Fair enough. But the assertion that the CDC or Trump turned down offers of tests from WHO is patently false, according to the WHO itself.

From your article: "In any case, Mr. Biden’s assertion that the Trump administration refused tests offered by the W.H.O. appears to be wrong. The W.H.O. does not sell tests to wealthy countries, which usually prefer to make their own."

Last edited:
Kevin Durrant tested positive but, says he has none of the symptoms. Why did he get the test if he has no symptoms or feel sick?

Kevin Durrant tested positive but, says he has none of the symptoms. Why did he get the test if he has no symptoms or feel sick?
Because all of the medical experts on TV keep saying we need tests. :)

Before the last game played in the NBA, Durant (in street clothes) hugged it out with a few members of his Brooklyn Nets' opponents(can't recall whom)....at least one of which who eventually tested positive for coronavirus.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
This is ****ing hilarious.

No firings. No "piss down the leg".
Trump has had massive turnover in his WH staff and cabinet. Most of the people that were present for a simulation of a pandemic of the flu during the transition period from Obama to Trump aren't there anymore (roughly 75%). The situation parallels this one so much it is spooky and they either leaned absolutely nothing or simply didn’t pay attention.

Trump has had massive turnover in his WH staff and cabinet. Most of the people that were present for a simulation of a pandemic of the flu during the transition period from Obama to Trump aren't there anymore (roughly 75%). The situation parallels this one so much it is spooky and they either leaned absolutely nothing or simply didn’t pay attention.

Lashing out and doubling down is the expected response to new information that runs counter to your perceived notions.

I understand what you are going through.

I know you aren't a STEM guy. So I will try to make this easy to understand.

Most of the people that were present for a simulation of a pandemic of the flu during the transition period from Obama to Trump aren't there anymore (roughly 75%).

So what? It is data. Its a simulation. We run hundreds of these concurrently (that means at the same time). Also, it isn't the flu. The same virologists are doing the same thing they have done for decades. This sentence carries no weight.

The situation parallels this one so much it is spooky and they either leaned absolutely nothing or simply didn’t pay attention.

Again, nothing of substance. Spooky works with the kids...we are adults.

What are you trying to do here other than scoring political points and likes?

In my opinion, this is a bad look for a moderator.

Turnover is higher than expected.

Last edited:
Before the last game played in the NBA, Durant (in street clothes) hugged it out with a few members of his Brooklyn Nets' opponents(can't recall whom)....at least one of which who eventually tested positive for coronavirus.
Why is this relevant if you can’t remember who? Maybe this is like running down the street yelling fire when nothing is burning. If Durrant didn’t “hugged it out”with the person who is actually sick then don’t post false information. You admitted to not knowing.

Lashing out and doubling down is the expected response to new information that runs counter to your perceived notions.

I understand what you are going through.

I know you aren't a STEM guy. So I will try to make this easy to understand.

Most of the people that were present for a simulation of a pandemic of the flu during the transition period from Obama to Trump aren't there anymore (roughly 75%).

So what? It is data. Its a simulation. We run hundreds of these concurrently (that means at the same time). Also, it isn't the flu. The same virologists are doing the same thing they have done for decades. This sentence carries no weight.

The situation parallels this one so much it is spooky and they either leaned absolutely nothing or simply didn’t pay attention.

Again, nothing of substance. Spooky works with the kids...we are adults.

What are you trying to do here other than scoring political points and likes?

In my opinion, this is a bad look for a moderator.

Turnover is higher than expected.

I’m sharing factual information as to the lack of response by the Administration beyond ‘Trump is an idiot’ which is the narrative many have taken.

The simulation is meant to provide them experience in how to respond and quickly make decisions using the expert advice provided to a presidential team. This is literally no different than what I see my students do in Model UN in crisis committees so I actually have an in depth knowledge on how this simulation would work. That transition orientation typically takes 1-2 weeks so that they can properly introduce them to a multitude of potential situations and scenarios.

My comment about not having 75% of that original team holds incredible weight. Those that have replaced likely haven’t gone through similar training or prepared at the level for a potential risk of pandemic like the original team had done.

The parallels are spooky. They looked at the breakdown of the healthcare system due to overwhelming need of medical supplies and lack of beds...those same things that currently place the USA in grave danger in the coming weeks. Look at Seattle setting up tent hospitals in soccer fields for example.

I’m a moderator, yes, but I also don’t post to grab likes or score political points. I’m literally posting factual pieces of information gathered from the media.

If you have an issue with that...you are more than welcome to ignore my posts.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT