ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Pandemic response team eliminated in 2018

Why, then, didn't you make " (your) point" more obvious in the first place ?
This episode of absolute triviality is not worth any kind of chest-thumping...….least of all yours....
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe you should have read my post with an open-mind before replying. You are now blaming me for not making my first point more obvious at the beginning of the thread (ie, for mishandling the crisis), and now all of the impacts and consequences must, therefore, be my fault. It's time to move on now, but I have made a note of this because you're giving me the hives.

tic

Last edited:
This is exactly what I'm talking about. Maybe you should have read my post with an open-mind before replying. You are now blaming me for not making my first point more obvious at the beginning of the thread (ie, for mishandling the crisis), and now all of the impacts and consequences must, therefore, be my fault. It's time to move on now, but I have made a note of this because you're giving me the hives.

tic
The ignore feature is awesome!

Reactions: Crazy8

tic
I'm sorry, Crazy8. I just reread all of our posts. I had a simple, totally innocuous reply to your original...
and here we are. The word "blame" became the Firestarter..& still remains in your last commentary.
Likewise, see ya down the road.

Reactions: Crazy8
I personally blame President Obama for the 200,000 Flu deaths he allowed to happen during his presidency 2010-2015. How was he not more prepared??? Seriously, it’s over a quarter of a million good Americans from 2008, WTH! Why didn’t the Pandemic Response Committee do more to stop this?? I’m outraged.

Logical rant?

Defend that compared to Covid... we’ll revisit this in a several months and see how logical all this constant insanely obsessed liberal armchair backstabbing was. Just call a spade a spade, there’s absolutely nothing he does that is not criticized by everyone of you, every move, right or wrong.
Truth!!

Reactions: ramos1969
Uh, there's an easy choice to be made this Nov.
You got THAT right.
Right, perpetuating a useless impeachment while this virus was in development was fantastic for our country.... or what about Russia or Iran or what hat he is wearing today. Liberals are truly lost souls when it comes to common sense.

I'm sorry, Crazy8. I just reread all of our posts. I had a simple, totally innocuous reply to your original...
and here we are. The word "blame" became the Firestarter..& still remains in your last commentary.
Likewise, see ya down the road.
It's all good, brother. I don't blame you for anything any more (more tic). Boiler up!

Last edited:
Reactions: doubleyous
orange fan sad
Sorry. I voted for Rubio. And my specific reason was he was one of the first and loudest on warning of the problems of China.

Funny at the same time I was applauding Rubio alarms a deaf and disinterested public was mesmerized by a guy picking his NCAA bracket on TV and a kid with no business experience who got booted from the military was getting a sweet 1.5 billion private equity deal from China after daddy flew him in on a government jet. Which one were you?

Reactions: LSLBoiler
Yeah, no one could have gotten Walmart to allow public use of its parking lots.
Okay, I'm ecstatic about the testing, but if Trump's great negotiating skill got Walmart to agree to allowing drive thru testing next to the RV's parking they allow for free in there parking lot? Well, again, at least they are testing, but man, getting swabbed while boomers are cleaning out their chemical toilets a few feet away?

If you want a good read on what China is doing while most Americans are distracted by their hatred for one side or the other, I highly recommend "The Hundred-Year Marathon" by Michael Pillsbury. If nothing else, I hope this crisis makes it clear that the exodus of manufacturing to China and the need for it to return here are the most important issue for the country's future ... not the myriad social policies that people are so focused on.
Add Gordon Cheng. There are very few in DC in the right side of this fight. Luckily this pandemic has finally clued some people in that this is the primary concern of our national security.

Okay, I'm ecstatic about the testing, but if Trump's great negotiating skill got Walmart to agree to allowing drive thru testing next to the RV's parking they allow for free in there parking lot? Well, again, at least they are testing, but man, getting swabbed while boomers are cleaning out their chemical toilets a few feet away?

No one is getting tested. It was all a bunch of bullshit.

Couldn't read the whole thread, but gather that at least since Trump can claim some sort of victory, conservative media will now take this seriously, what a great day for America!

Not sure how many of you have ever had to deal with any real life and death disaster type stuff. I would think some of our guys in the military have. At least in health care, when there is a really bad outcome like a death from a medical error or a near miss which could have caused one of more very bad outcomes, the whole idea is to have a just culture. You work like crazy as a team to rectify things in the moment then, when things cool off, do a very thorough root cause analysis to try to, make sure it does not happen again. We are obviously not seeing much of that with this incredibly complex issue.

I personally think the President should let the health care experts be more out in front of this. I don't think he's handled this very well at all. I find Seema Verma to be extremely arrogant. Although some of the policy things she has done make some sense, I know many people who worked with her here in IN, and, to a person, no one could stand her. She has come across pretty incompetent through much of this if you ask me. The clinical team assembled seems to be competent and articulate.

Having said all this, it seems to me right now, and I guess is the social media-driven world we live in, there is WAY too much energy being wasted right now trying to lay blame for all this, etc. rather than trying to get all hands on deck. I am so exhausted by all the bickering - you can't go to any chat room on any subject and not find it immediately overwhelmed by people bitching about politics. Part of me hopes all the Republicans get voted out just so those of us center right or center left can stop having every aspect of our lives innundated by all these angry people who just cannot stop making their angst about poltics front and center 24x7. My God I cannot imagine what it's like to grind on that all the time. I would never have the energy to do that. Life is too short - presidents come and go. My dad has lived through 15 presidents and somehow we've muddled through.
Totally agree. I'm a centrist who votes more Republican than Democrat by 3 to 1 but this President is a joke. Shaking hands with everyone during the speech except the one smart guy who did the elbow shake , calling the reporter's question that was valid and the truth nasty just because he can't accept his failures and then blaming Pence for it, and wasting weeks of preparation because he's so vain. He's just not President material. He would stab his mother in the back if it made him look better.

This is proven to be a lie and you're a jerk for continuing to spread BS. GFY
From his rally speech and taken from FactCheck.org since most can’t agree about Snopes:

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right?” he said. “Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Then the president, who often dismissed special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation as a hoax, continued, “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

Not sure about you but as a college educated man from Purdue University that sure reads to me as though he is comparing his claims of the Russian hoax to this outbreak and calling it a hoax as well and then placing blame on the Democrats for starting it.

Again, that is a transcript of what he said himself. I don’t care if he tried to backtrack it (which he did, claiming he said the Dems themselves are a hoax). He said it was a hoax much like many of you back his claims that his Russian dealings were a hoax as well.

Right, perpetuating a useless impeachment while this virus was in development was fantastic for our country.... or what about Russia or Iran or what hat he is wearing today. Liberals are truly lost souls when it comes to common sense.

sounds like you should be blaming trump. Why was he sleeping on this? This is why we can’t take your trumpers serious. Always passing the blame. Blame the media or blame those evil democrats. Please come up with a new playbook. This one is not working as evident by every election since 2016.

The logic is this. The presumptive candidate for the opposing party said in January the travel ban was not needed and was nothing more than xenophobic hysteria. Since most non-partisan experts will attest that this ban early in the process decreased our exposure are you not able to say that this administration took actions the previous wouldn’t have? And those action decreased cases and potentially deaths? Really, I can’t imagine any other president taking this action. Mistakes made? Yeah government at all levels will always let you down. But there is “let you down,” and then there is “sell you out.”

In reality for me its not about testing kits. This is all ad hoc after the motions were set in place. It’s about how we got to this place where people are hoarding toilet paper and we are 99% reliant on China for our pharmaceuticals and medical supplies. And I know this is difficult for the simpleton pundits to circle the square but the last administration F’d us so their contributors and friends could make money in China. Simply check out there list of American registered foreign lobbyists for Chinese interests. And didnt the whole NBA stance on Hong Kong not give people a sports-related insight on this? Seemed odd that citizens of a country built on freedom were so quick to apologize for the promotion of such freedom? But ho hum now we are with millions of Americans reliant on drugs that are controlled by adversarial totalitarian state.

I know i know lot easier to simplify down to “Orange Man Bad.” In reality Covid 19 is just a couple pixels in a really big picture. With the wrong people in charge to not protect our interests as Americans that picture could get even uglier.
Please link where the presumptive candidate said the travel ban was not needed.

Trump says that everyone can get tested like there is no problem. It’s all smooth.... really?

I have family that work in local hospitals. They have tested 0 people. 0. Not one. Is that a problem for anyone?

I have no idea if I have this shit. I don’t feel good. I could have the common cold. Who knows? I just don’t agree that testing is going well.

I also don’t give a damn about the stock market right now. I am worried about my family. The elderly. I could give two shits if some billionaire loses his his ability to buy a 3rd yacht.

Trump doesn’t give a damn about us.... I do know that!

The call was PERFECT. Really?

If Trump won as a Dem, Republican response would have been what?
Please... you’ll defend Trump on anything.

ehuffman1. I just read this entire post. You made the one true, indisputable remark: “Trump doesn’t give a damn about us . . .” The people who defend Trump truly believe that he does care about them and the other citizens of our country. How they can believe that is what I can not understand about Trump supporters. He is so totally transparent in his narcissism and lack of empathy and sympathy and yet, they do not see it.

Thanks to @Brian_GoldandBlack.com for moving this thread to GBI's shithole where it belongs.
GFY Monkey Brains

Awww the poor snowflake is mad. Why are these trumpers so soft? They are allergic to facts! Thanks for the laugh LSL. Grow a pair and stay in your tiny isolated bubble where people are only allowed to praise your supreme leader. If this place is a sh!thole it must be run by republicans!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-fire-pandemic-team/

Apparently we had a pandemic response team, but it was eliminated in 2018. Heard this a few days ago and thought it could’ve been fake, but it is 100% true according to snopes.

For those of you that don’t know Snopes, it is a non-political fact checking site.
Snopes cannot be called non-political: it fact-checks political elements.
But it can be deemed- predominantly - non-partisan. And has credibility.
Sorry Dub's....but Snopes can't be called non-partisan at all. When they get their money from the public via donations, they do know who gives the most. There are more reliable fact checking sites.

Sorry Dub's....but Snopes can't be called non-partisan at all. When they get their money from the public via donations, they do know who gives the most. There are more reliable fact checking sites.
When you get a chance...look up the word "predominantly ", after you re-read my post.
If YOU'VE got "fact-checking" sites...…then what the hell has kept you from actually USING any of them for the last year ??
Damn...….the Twinster and FACT-checking ???
As Mr. Rogers would ask..."Can you say oxymoronic ? "

Reactions: Tneidiffer
Zap likes to spread subtle anti-vax and anti-pharma stuff to impress people.

A few posts into his history you see him describe a “study” where some kids who got a flu vaccine still got the flu, but the ones who got a bunch of Vitamin D all avoided the flu.

I asked him for the name or link to the study. Still waiting.
HeAlth Science Institute part of John Hopkins University. HSIBaltimore.com. Vitamin D blood levels from my research at Wright Patterson AFB School of Aerospace Medicine.

From his rally speech and taken from FactCheck.org since most can’t agree about Snopes:

“Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that, right?” he said. “Coronavirus, they’re politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs. You say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good, not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count their votes in Iowa.”

Then the president, who often dismissed special counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation as a hoax, continued, “They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’d been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It’s all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax.

Not sure about you but as a college educated man from Purdue University that sure reads to me as though he is comparing his claims of the Russian hoax to this outbreak and calling it a hoax as well and then placing blame on the Democrats for starting it.

Again, that is a transcript of what he said himself. I don’t care if he tried to backtrack it (which he did, claiming he said the Dems themselves are a hoax). He said it was a hoax much like many of you back his claims that his Russian dealings were a hoax as well.
Again from snopes:

What's True:
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

What's False:
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Again from snopes:

What's True:
During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax."

What's False:
Despite creating some confusion with his remarks, Trump did not call the coronavirus itself a hoax.

Trump did downplay the virus and dropped the ball on testing. Not sure why you are pounding your chest here.

Trump did downplay the virus and dropped the ball on testing. Not sure why you are pounding your chest here.
Trump didn't drop any f-ing balls. And he didn't have a thing to do with us not having the tests. Next you're going to pissing on him for not being a mind reader. Geesh you Trumph haters are so wrong.

HeAlth Science Institute part of John Hopkins University. HSIBaltimore.com. Vitamin D blood levels from my research at Wright Patterson AFB School of Aerospace Medicine.
Okay, where was it published? Link to the material?

Reactions: Beeazlebub
Trump didn't drop any f-ing balls. And he didn't have a thing to do with us not having the tests. Next you're going to pissing on him for not being a mind reader. Geesh you Trumph haters are so wrong.
Is it true he knew about a viral outbreak as early as January 22nd? Yes.

Is it likely he know at least 3-5 days ahead of time? Yes.

So we have an informed President who waited two months to take the necessary steps to prevent this from happening. As with most issues that the federal government has made in times of crisis...they totally dropped the ball in properly prepping for this. The USA has a bad habit of pussyfooting around with the exception of Desert Storm.

Trump fired his pandemic response team and then promptly pissed down his leg when it came time to make decisions bc it would have an impact on his image because the market would suffer.

He had no problem blaming Obama for the system being unprepared.
More than three years in office and still blaming his predecessor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT