ADVERTISEMENT

Open the schools or else.

One of the most fascinating aspects of this four years of hell is kellyanne. Her husband supposedly hates Trump. He has indirectly called her out numerous times and yet she stays firm.

She’s either truly deluded and too far gone or it’s one of the greatest grifts ever. Either way, it’s bizarre.

But back to the main point: while I usually think that kids should be left out of things, I think asking about Barron is absolutely fair game here.

"The best and most important trade deal ever made by the USA."

The original was "The country's worst deal."

But the second one simply made changes to the first. Ok.

Don't forget folks this NAFTA is listed among the greatest achievements of the Trump admin.
You’re such a blowhard. Even Nancy Pelosi said USMCA was a big improvement over NAFTA.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
What did Hitler control that enabled him to control the German people.
The press and the SS.
What political party controls the MSM narrative?
What President used the DOJ to illegally infiltrate his political opponents campaign?
Tell me again where the Hitler comparisons lie.

Try again !

Hitler controlled the CONSERVATIVE ELITE, the judges, the media and wrapped himself in a nationalistic propaganda strategy. Sound familiar???

https://www.historyextra.com/period...man-elite-facilitated-rise-nazis-third-reich/

https://www.thoughtco.com/who-supported-hitler-and-why-1221371

What President is NOW using the DOJ as HIS personal attorney and is stopping criminal prosecution & pardoning his cronies? The comparisons are STARK ! go read !

F$&@ off. You are in the bottom 10% of IQ scores. You just rail emotionally all day, every day.
I can't imagine being a middle-aged guy who wakes up every single day to cry about a President on a message board while calling everybody "racist!!!" in the process. But, these are the types of people that party preys on. The extremely unstable and emotional.

And the bottom 10%ers don't deserve to be lumped in with him :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: SDBoiler1
I can't imagine being a middle-aged guy who wakes up every single day to cry about a President on a message board while calling everybody "racist!!!" in the process. But, these are the types of people that party preys on. The extremely unstable and emotional.

And the bottom 10%ers don't deserve to be lumped in with him :cool:

Pot, meet kettle. I mean my god dude.

More of not wanting to pay American wages. A few cents an hour vs $20/hour to make widgets is a big incentive
Yes, that's a part of it, but the others are equally as important. If the taxes are low then it can still make sense to build a plant in the US vs building one overseas.

Try again !

Hitler controlled the CONSERVATIVE ELITE, the judges, the media and wrapped himself in a nationalistic propaganda strategy. Sound familiar???

https://www.historyextra.com/period...man-elite-facilitated-rise-nazis-third-reich/

What President is NOW using the DOJ as HIS personal attorney and is stopping criminal prosecution & pardoning his cronies? The comparisons are STARK ! go read !
Conservative in Europe is not the same as conservative in the US. Right wing in Europe is Left wing here.

Try again !

Hi
Try again !

Hitler organized violent public protests against the conservatives, the Jews.
The protest agenda was to split the country.
Hitler burned public owned buildings.
He controlled the public narrative and corrupted the police.
The ONLY thing Trump and Hitler had in common is they both revitalizes their countries economy.

Hi

Hitler organized violent public protests against the conservatives, the Jews.
The ONLY thing Trump and Hitler had in common is they both revitalizes their countries economy.

Hitler attacked the conservatives: Yes, he did, but only after using their support and the elite industrialists to come to power. Once there, like Trump, he morphed into what HE wanted. Interesting dynamic, huh? Just like the Republican party, both allowed someone to become their leader, who then turned "against" their party's basic views in order to pursue their own.

As for you last comment, they have a LOT more in common than you are willing to admit. (Authoritarian, anti-immigrant, nationalists, utilize lies and propaganda, want total control, told people what they wanted to hear & then did the opposite, saw political groups as a means to an end . . UNTIL . . they had more power - then they wanted a world based on THEIR views and NOONE elses.

Hitler attacked the conservatives: Yes, he did, but only after using their support and the elite industrialists to come to power. Once there, like Trump, he morphed into what HE wanted. Interesting dynamic, huh? Just like the Republican party, both allowed someone to become their leader, who then turned "against" their party's basic views in order to pursue their own.

As for you last comment, they have a LOT more in common than you are willing to admit. (Authoritarian, anti-immigrant, nationalists, utilize lies and propaganda, want total control, told people what they wanted to hear & then did the opposite, saw political groups as a means to an end . . UNTIL . . they had more power - then they wanted a world based on THEIR views and NOONE elses.
Hitler wanted to create a 1,000 year Reich. At most, Trump will have 8 years in office.

You ascribe Trump’s intentions as if you know exactly what he wants to do - totally sinister and evil. Then on the other hand, according to folks like you, he’s a clueless buffoon who can’t do anything right.

So which is it?

You’re such a blowhard. Even Nancy Pelosi said USMCA was a big improvement over NAFTA.
It was an improvement........does that make it the best and most important trade deal ever made by the United States?....... and he original the worst?

BTW it does show what can happen when both sides work together.

Let's be clear here. You and all the other trumpers list "great trade deals" as one of the significant accomplishments of this president. That contributes to Trump's declaration, and yours, that he did more in his first three years than any other president in history.

So the cornerstone of one of his greatest accomplishments as president is improving a trade deal that already existed?!!! I know that "people said it couldn't be done" and " no one has ever seen anything like it" but seriously?

Reactions: Biggie357
Hitler wanted to create a 1,000 year Reich. At most, Trump will have 8 years in office.

You ascribe Trump’s intentions as if you know exactly what he wants to do - totally sinister and evil. Then on the other hand, according to folks like you, he’s a clueless buffoon who can’t do anything right.

So which is it?

I think it's both ! He is definitely authoritative, willing to break any law he doesn't like, yet . . he is intellectually a moron.

I think it's both ! He is definitely authoritative, willing to break any law he doesn't like, yet . . he is intellectually a moron.

Let's start with Mein Kumpf, where was it written? Why was it written in that location?
How about Kristallnacht? Trumpers or Liberal Protestors?
How about the Reichstag?
What party is trying to destroy the rule of law and burn down our existing democracy?
Not Trumpers.
Who controlled the SS?
Who controlled the FBI and sent them, illegally into Trumps election campaign?
Who controls the media?

Your comparison of Trump to Hitler is ridiculous.

Let's start with Mein Kumpf, where was it written? Why was it written in that location?
How about Kristallnacht? Trumpers or Liberal Protestors?
How about the Reichstag?
What party is trying to destroy the rule of law and burn down our existing democracy?
Not Trumpers.
Who controlled the SS?
Who controlled the FBI and sent them, illegally into Trumps election campaign?
Who controls the media?

Your comparison of Trump to Hitler is ridiculous.

This is hilarious ! ! !

- Which party is sending in Federal storm troopers for political reasons? ? ?
- Which party marches with tiki torches ?
- Which party attacks defenseless people ? ?
- Who is using the AG like a "private" attorney and to keep criminals and stooges out of prison ? ? ?
- Which party sucks up to the RUSSIANS ! My God ! - have we learned nothing from the past ! Weren't the Russians bombing our troops in the Middle East ? ? (In my mind that means we are clearly at war, a cold war, but just the same, and we have someone who is dangerously close to treason
- Which party currently HAS staffers and friends IN PRISON ? ?

PS Take a GOOD LOOK at what TRUMP's STORM TROOPERS are doing and tell me again that they are doing it for us AMERICANS ? ?

Hell, the guy was even wearing a NAVY shirt - that sure looks patriotic, doesn't it ? IF . . you want to support this kind of EVIL, go ahead, but I can assure you, . . I will be on the other side !

This is hilarious ! ! !

- Which party is sending in Federal storm troopers for political reasons? ? ?
- Which party marches with tiki torches ?
- Which party attacks defenseless people ? ?
- Who is using the AG like a "private" attorney and to keep criminals and stooges out of prison ? ? ?
- Which party sucks up to the RUSSIANS ! My God ! - have we learned nothing from the past ! Weren't the Russians bombing our troops in the Middle East ? ? (In my mind that means we are clearly at war, a cold war, but just the same, and we have someone who is dangerously close to treason
- Which party currently HAS staffers and friends IN PRISON ? ?

PS Take a GOOD LOOK at what TRUMP's STORM TROOPERS are doing and tell me again that they are doing it for us AMERICANS ? ?

Hell, the guy was even wearing a NAVY shirt - that sure looks patriotic, doesn't it ? IF . . you want to support this kind of EVIL, go ahead, but I can assure you, . . I will be on the other side !

That's a pretty easy question to answer.
The supporters of the protesters.
The same protesters that have no respect for OTHER persons rights.
The same supporters that claim to be peaceful loving mothers who than try burning down federal buildings.
A persons rights end when they infringe upon another persons rights.
Personally I could care less if we had a lawless society. My gun cabinet is loaded. My rights WILL be protected.

That's a pretty easy question to answer.
The supporters of the protesters.
The same protesters that have no respect for OTHER persons rights.
The same supporters that claim to be peaceful loving mothers who than try burning down federal buildings.
A persons rights end when they infringe upon another persons rights.
Personally I could care less if we had a lawless society. My gun cabinet is loaded. My rights WILL be protected.

I think your reading abilities are limited.

I will say the worst possible decision is to sorta/kinda maybe reopen like CU Boulder has decided. My junior daughter has 5 classes and 1.5 of them are in person. Somehow they’re gonna run a Physics 3 lab with in person schooling half time.

The reason this is the worst is that means everyone has to be on campus (so you’re paying full price for everything) with all 30,000 students who are still crammed together in housing. Looks like a crass money grab to me, all the negatives of going to class with only around 33% of the benefit of actually being taught in person.

Hell, if a prof is in a vulnerable position have them remote teach with a TA of college age actually running the class. I never got within 12 feet of any of my professors so it shouldn’t really be that difficult for marginally vulnerable profs to just set guidelines about interacting with them. Anyways, I’m just kinda pissed that I’m shelling out huge money for room and food just so my kid can occasionally go to a class.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
I read that poll as saying 68% want schools to reopen. I haven’t run into any of my friends that want them to reopen like nothing has happened so using the silly 8% is kinda cherry picking it.
Huh? Well, the 8% is in the actual title of the article. My post stated that 8% want schools opened without restrictions. Is there something disingenuous about that?
Write a letter to Newsweek or something.
There is a case being made by some politicians and some posters on here that schools need to return as normal.
I want my kids to go back to school just as much as the next person but only when it's safe.

I will say the worst possible decision is to sorta/kinda maybe reopen like CU Boulder has decided. My junior daughter has 5 classes and 1.5 of them are in person. Somehow they’re gonna run a Physics 3 lab with in person schooling half time.

The reason this is the worst is that means everyone has to be on campus (so you’re paying full price for everything) with all 30,000 students who are still crammed together in housing. Looks like a crass money grab to me, all the negatives of going to class with only around 33% of the benefit of actually being taught in person.

Hell, if a prof is in a vulnerable position have them remote teach with a TA of college age actually running the class. I never got within 12 feet of any of my professors so it shouldn’t really be that difficult for marginally vulnerable profs to just set guidelines about interacting with them. Anyways, I’m just kinda pissed that I’m shelling out huge money for room and food just so my kid can occasionally go to a class.
Something to consider. Might not work in your case though.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-to-get-a-big-break-on-the-cost-of-college-just-ask-11593440265

Huh? Well, the 8% is in the actual title of the article. My post stated that 8% want schools opened without restrictions. Is there something disingenuous about that?
Write a letter to Newsweek or something.
There is a case being made by some politicians and some posters on here that schools need to return as normal.
I want my kids to go back to school just as much as the next person but only when it's safe.
Totally 100% disingenuous. If 8% want to open unrestricted and 14% want to open somewhat restricted and 46% want to open with more restrictions it literally doesn’t mean 8% want to open. It means 68% want to open with some consideration for the virus. Who the heck would argue against that?

Totally 100% disingenuous. If 8% want to open unrestricted and 14% want to open somewhat restricted and 46% want to open with more restrictions it literally doesn’t mean 8% want to open. It means 68% want to open with some consideration for the virus. Who the heck would argue against that?
Yikes. Reading comprehension is not your strong suit.
Am I really going to have to spell this out for you again?
My original post said 8% want to open without restrictions. That is true. That is what the article states. Never did I state or allege that only 8% want to open. That is what you are trying to allege. Of course more than 8% want their kids to go back to school in some manner. The article states that. Do your own poll and publish it if you want to argue with Newsweek.
The 8% is important because federal funding has been threatened by some politicians if schools do not open fully. Clearly, a very small amount of parents agree that schools should open fully without restrictions.
You are reading what you want to read and trying to put words in my mouth.

Last edited:
Nope, I figured this one out. All student loans all the time. Eventually your crowd will decide to pay for it. I refuse to be the last guy paying for his kids education.
Who is 'your crowd'? You must have me confused with someone else.
Why would you be willing to pay the interest on student loans unless you didn't have the money? Seems dumb that you are relying on someone else to eventually pick up the tab too? I have no faith that will ever come to pass.
My wife and I are financially ready for both our kids to go to college with about 8 years to spare.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT