ADVERTISEMENT

Now, Purdue has to pull the shocker

I just wish that our "can they do what Virginia did by winning it all after losing to a 16 seed" path was 2019 Virginia-friendly. Broken bracket, play Texas Tech in the final game, not a UConn level type team.
Sigh........

UConn clearly has more depth if Heide and Colvin look like they did last night. If they could just come in and hold their own on defense that would be a plus. Otherwise it’s a six man rotation.
UConn wins a seven game series easily. But this is a one game series, and if Purdue plays great and UConn plays just ok, Purdue has a shot.

I just wish that our "can they do what Virginia did by winning it all after losing to a 16 seed" path was 2019 Virginia-friendly. Broken bracket, play Texas Tech in the final game, not a UConn level type team.
Sigh........
Nah, to be the best you need to beat the best and these are the two best teams in the country. We need this game to see how we stack up against them. We need this game because if we win, there can’t be other ppl saying “well you had an easy road” or “UConn would have killed you”. As a player, this is what you live for and it’s going to be a great game.

Watched a couple of national shows and it was pretty overwhelming for UConn with several of them expecting a blow out. I think that on some level this sets up well for Purdue. They need to stay focused and play their game. Purdue is underrated defensively and if they can limit turnovers and hit their threes, I think they can be a lot for UConn to handle. I really don’t think that Clingan can handle Edey without help.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Watched a couple of national shows and it was pretty overwhelming for UConn with several of them expecting a blow out. I think that on some level this sets up well for Purdue. They need to stay focused and play their game. Purdue is underrated defensively and if they can limit turnovers and hit their threes, I think they can be a lot for UConn to handle. I really don’t think that Clingan can handle Edey without help.
The keys all year. I was actually surprised how handily thhey won with 16 turnovers yesterday. Clean that up, and it's a win.

Sigh........
I mean we did just get an 11 seed in the final 4. Seems fair.

Not that far fetched, as several have posted.

UConn will be the appointed media darlings. I guess it's their due. They are the defending champs.

BUT, Purdue doesn't have to win a seven-game series against UConn. They just have to be better for 2 hours on Monday night.
unlike most games when I think Purdue would win a series, but aware of a single game where anything can happen as Purdue has experienced before...it is only about 2 hours

Winning is certainly possible, but as Fletcher Loyer said last night,.it's going to take their best game in two years to do it.

UCONN is just too good to beat with anything less than an A game and maybe a little luck. But if we have both, we can win.

I'm happy making it this far so I'm not going to be upset at all if we lose.

Winning is certainly possible, but as Fletcher Loyer said last night,.it's going to take their best game in two years to do it.

UCONN is just too good to beat with anything less than an A game and maybe a little luck. But if we have both, we can win.

I'm happy making it this far so I'm not going to be upset at all if we lose.
UCONN has basically played flawlessly for 2 years, who is the say they aren’t due for a mental lapse game? I know that isn’t likely but it is possible.

Clean up turnovers which had been good before yesterday. Own the boards and limit their second chance points. Push the tempo when we can. UCONN does well playing slow and Alabama was effective when they were moving down hill in transition. Lastly, need Colvin/Heide to be ready to contribute.

This is going to be a heavyweight matchup. Reminds me of Bowe Holyfield back in the day. In the basketball world, I look at the Duke over UNLV when everyone said they couldn’t be beat.

UCONN has basically played flawlessly for 2 years, who is the say they aren’t due for a mental lapse game? I know that isn’t likely but it is possible.

Clean up turnovers which had been good before yesterday. Own the boards and limit their second chance points. Push the tempo when we can. UCONN does well playing slow and Alabama was effective when they were moving down hill in transition. Lastly, need Colvin/Heide to be ready to contribute.

This is going to be a heavyweight matchup. Reminds me of Bowe Holyfield back in the day. In the basketball world, I look at the Duke over UNLV when everyone said they couldn’t be beat.
A huge game by Myles or Cam would be welcomed AND needed. FWIW, I was sitting with a brother-in-law in that Duke/UNLV game as he was dying of cancer in Springfield, Ohio. Yes, Purdue needs max possessions however they can get them and to be as efficient as possible in all aspect of offense. Purdue is not shabby and if Uconn is not playing one of their best games and Purdue is...that would be enough

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT