ADVERTISEMENT

No way AJ leaves now..

Re: not in the DLeague...

3m3 minutes ago
Purdue's AJ Hammons in tears at the postgame press conference. Boilers lost in OT to Cincinnati.

I feel horrible for him, he played his heart out.

Originally posted by Casey ...rother:
Why not? Better players than him have lost in the NCAA tournament. Not sure how this game means anything to his decision.

While true, he knows he can come back and make amends with essentially the same team. Unfinished business. At least I hope.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

You said it yourself.... "Better Players". AJ need the tourney to raise his stock. He played pretty well tonight, but I don't think he it was his best game, especially since they lost their starting center.

I hope you're right. I love the guy and my team is better with him. Who knows what goes on in anyone's mind. A guy slaps the right peg on the vert jump and he goes, even though he stinks in reality.

Originally posted by *4purdue*:
You said it yourself.... "Better Players". AJ need the tourney to raise his stock. He played pretty well tonight, but I don't think he it was his best game, especially since they lost their starting center.

He almost played worse when he went out. Ellis going out hurt us more than it helped.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I honestly dont think we will be as good next year. Who is gonna be our point guard? If its between Scott and Thompson for next year, I get scared. If Scott could bring it down just a bit he would be great for us because he can create off the dribble. Thats what kills us on the offensive side.

Also, AJ gets good position quite a bit but we run around him like idiots and dont throw it in to him enough.

AJ was the best player by far tonight. I hope he leaves. He deserves better, and with our best PG leaving and little help coming, things won't get better next year. Go AJH, you deserve better!!!!

He is gone! And with no point guard...we have one but Painter won't play him (I guess he is trying to teach him something). Next year will be very disappointing. We wont be as good as this year.

Originally posted by seminolesboilers:
He is gone! And with no point guard...we have one but Painter won't play him (I guess he is trying to teach him something). Next year will be very disappointing. We wont be as good as this year.
WTF are you talking about? Even if AJ leaves, we are going to be one of the top 3 teams in the BIG. Whisky loses everybody, MSU loses everybody. OSU will likely have Russle drafted in the first round. Yes, those teams will still be tough, but so will we. Haas will be much improved, and so will our guards. We are extremely young if you really look at who is contributing and who scores. We will be fine.

cool.r191677.gif

I like AJ, but I don't think he played that great. First, he picked up 2 quick fouls. Secondly, his defense against their back-up center was questionable at best. This is not the first time a back-up center has played well against him.

I don't agree with "No way AJ leaves now' because of unfinished business or going out like this. I think this game displays why AJ SHOULD come back. He's a good defensive player as part of a unit, but is not that great with one on one defense. In the NBA, he would be facing a talented 7 footer every night and wouldn't just get to go around trying to block shots.

Offensively, he's great around the basket, but outside of 5 feet he has nothing.

Can he go this year? Sure. Can he stay this year? Sure.

But I think last night was just another example of why, particularly defensively, he would probably benefit by coming back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT