ADVERTISEMENT

Nnaji Announcement

Without meaning to, I think you nailed a key concept. How many five-stars grow up wanting to come to Purdue? How many grow up wanting to go to NC/KY/KS/MSU/Dukewhomever. Sure, Vandy is an aberration, as are others,. Gonzaga is an interesting school, but there are some foreign aspects to some of their recruits too. You say you couldn't be sold anything you didn't want . . . the inverse is you'd gladly buy what you do want, and you are going to buy something. Therefore, when you get the opportunity to buy what you've always wanted, you are a damn easy sell.
No, you expanded exactly on what I meant and although not as clear as you wrote...the intent was exactly as you stated! The product of the media...

I would have passed on Kramer, unless he wanted to play linebacker. He was not a B10 level guard. Great defender, hard worker, Johnny hustle, yes, but starting guard for a FF team? No.
Have to agree here. Was he a bad player? No. But he gets overly fantasized by many Purdue fans. Give me an etwaun or carsen all day, every day over a kramer.

Really hope all those UK crystal ball picks start to flip. I’d feel bad for those analysts’ scores for picking the wrong pick for once instead of flipping at the last second. Baylor is the pick, for all those analysts that are scrambling for info today.

Really hope all those UK crystal ball picks start to flip. I’d feel bad for those analysts’ scores for picking the wrong pick for once instead of flipping at the last second. Baylor is the pick, for all those analysts that are scrambling for info today.

Baylor??? I try to stay level headed, but that stings even worse that Purdue couldn't out recruit a school like Baylor. I understand losing to UNC or Kansas......Maybe Zeke is a big Chip Gaines fan.

Reactions: pboiler18
Baylor??? I try to stay level headed, but that stings even worse that Purdue couldn't out recruit a school like Baylor. I understand losing to UNC or Kansas......Maybe Zeke is a big Chip Gaines fan.
Huge TIC with my message. I have zero clue, and I feel like most don’t have a clue which is why I find this recruitment hilarious. Again, most CB picks are still UK and he cut them off a while ago.

Reactions: Roeder
As for Kramer, he was a very beloved Purdue player. But given a choice of Kramer over somebody like Kyree Irving, I would choose Kyree every time. Sure, I love Kramer and would find a place for him on the team. However, I wouldn't go so far as saying I'd want him over many other guards who were clearly better.

As for Kramer, he was a very beloved Purdue player. But given a choice of Kramer over somebody like Kyree Irving, I would choose Kyree every time. Sure, I love Kramer and would find a place for him on the team. However, I wouldn't go so far as saying I'd want him over many other guards who were clearly better.

I suppose it depends on what you want/need that player to do for you. What piece of the puzzle he is. Everyone focuses, and I understand, on offensive abilities, etc. but if I need someone to get up into an opposing players grill...…….then Kramer becomes my MVP. Like I said, I get where you come from......but I think all of us forget at times that this game is more than just offense.

I suppose it depends on what you want/need that player to do for you. What piece of the puzzle he is. Everyone focuses, and I understand, on offensive abilities, etc. but if I need someone to get up into an opposing players grill...…….then Kramer becomes my MVP. Like I said, I get where you come from......but I think all of us forget at times that this game is more than just offense.
Are you suggesting offensive minded guards can't also play defense as well as Kramer did? I would suggest that Kramer was so beloved because he didn't have much talent, but made up for it by being real scrappy. My suggestion is if Gary Payton or Scott Skiles or Kevin Durant or some other tremendous guard played for Purdue and took them to the final 4, you'd love them just as much if not more.

This begs the question. Of the three players, who would be your favorite ? Big Dog, Swanigan or Cardinal? My guess is many fans would say Cardinal because he was scrappy and a floor burner.

Are you suggesting offensive minded guards can't also play defense as well as Kramer did? I would suggest that Kramer was so beloved because he didn't have much talent, but made up for it by being real scrappy. My suggestion is if Gary Payton or Scott Skiles or Kevin Durant or some other tremendous guard played for Purdue and took them to the final 4, you'd love them just as much if not more.

This begs the question. Of the three players, who would be your favorite ? Big Dog, Swanigan or Cardinal? My guess is many fans would say Cardinal because he was scrappy and a floor burner.
And Cardinal was a damn good offensive player who had a legit NBA career. You should have picked someone other than a Cardinal to make your point. But to answer the question - Big Dog (easy choice) then Cardinal.

I am not convinced we need a stud PF . I am convinced we already have one ! And next year will be his 3rd in the Purdue system which IMO it will take a lottery pick to unseat him . By no means am I saying Nnaji wouldn't make us better clearly he would . What I am saying is Aaron Wheeler is up for the job as well .

Would I be right in guessing you were one of those who guaranteed over the summer that Wheeler would start? Nice kid, great teammate, a lot of work to do before he’s ready to be a starter, much less a draft pick.

Zeke would start from day 1.

First, I think it is a big misconception that Kramer had little talent. His talent was being the best defensive player, hustler, scrapper, etc in the league...…….and he was....period. He was a very gifted athlete as well. I will always be partial to these type of players. They work in the trenches....while others garner more attention. Who knows, if he concentrated on being more of a scorer maybe he would have been. IDK, but I'm sure he would have done whatever he was asked. But that was not his role. Would I love a Payton, Skiles, etc? Sure. But not necessarily because they took PU to a Final 4...….but because they were Boilermakers!

Reactions: tjreese
All of us do not forget at anytime.

Reactions: PU pit bull

Robinson...ONE of the best I personally watched

Who is my favorite is different than who I thought was best...

Robinson...ONE of the best I personally watched

Herb or Glen? LOL I know who you mean:) He was truly one of the few players that I would consider a "man among boys". And that is not exaggerating. He did what he wanted, when he wanted. Supreme confidence.

Reactions: tjreese
Herb or Glen? LOL I know who you mean:) He was truly one of the few players that I would consider a "man among boys". And that is not exaggerating. He did what he wanted, when he wanted. Supreme confidence.
One game...come from behind...it was Herb

Yup, I suspected posters here would be high on Kramer and Cardinal and come to their defense. Pardon me for even having a doubt they were the greatest ever. Not even Hummel comes close to their greatness.

Yup, I suspected posters here would be high on Kramer and Cardinal and come to their defense. Pardon me for even having a doubt they were the greatest ever. Not even Hummel comes close to their greatness.
Now you are just being silly. But you are still pardoned.

Big Dog, hands down. no contest.

You made a silly comparison when you used Cardinal as a Johnny try hard type. Just own it. Cardinal had a 12 year NBA career. He’s also 18th all time on Purdue’s scoring list.

Would I be right in guessing you were one of those who guaranteed over the summer that Wheeler would start? Nice kid, great teammate, a lot of work to do before he’s ready to be a starter, much less a draft pick.

Zeke would start from day 1.
Yeah there were some posters on here arguing that Wheeler was a “more athletic Vince”. He’s more athletic, but nowhere near the basketball player at this time.

Has Painter ever needed a recruiting win so bad?

This would round out the class nicely. If not...class is missing a big and some oomf.

I hope it’s us but I’ll guess UNC.

Reactions: mreeser
Yeah there were some posters on here arguing that Wheeler was a “more athletic Vince”. He’s more athletic, but nowhere near the basketball player at this time.
They are very different players. I see Wheeler developing into more of a 3 and D who also is an occasional slasher and is very dangerous in transition. I think that Wheeler has better lateral quickness than Vince and has a chance to be an outstanding defender.

How mad do you think some of those goons are down at 247 sports that they don’t know where he’s going in order to flip all of their CB’s to get their points for the guy?

It would be awkward if he picked us with the Minnesota fan base in attendance but stranger things have happened. Maybe Zeke will be less predictable. It seems like it so far.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT