ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Coach

Lionheart1

Junior
Jun 15, 2005
I don’t know much about him but I do like his honest statement that he preferred to develop his own quarterbacks saying bringing in transfer portal qb costs about $1 - $2 minimum a year.

Reactions: tenwest
I don’t know much about him but I do like his honest statement that he preferred to develop his own quarterbacks saying bringing in transfer portal qb costs about $1 - $2 minimum a year.
Yeah, I saw that an average QB costs $1 to $2 million a year for transfers, and the top QBs cost around $7 to $8 million a year.

I would be curious what it cost us to bring Card in last year.

Reactions: z_one and tenwest
I’m thinking we probably don’t want to know.
If that would be the case, I guess we must have blown our entire NIL portal money on 1 guy I guess.
Maybe we can do that with a SEC type receiver this year. Just 1 though with our budget.

Reactions: tenwest
Was it his job to tackle the Fresno and Syracuse Quarterbacks?
I expected more than 8 TD passes against 7 interceptions. He also threw for 99 yards in a game and that’s the lowest total I ever remember from a Purdue quarterback.

I expected more than 8 TD passes against 7 interceptions. He also threw for 99 yards in a game and that’s the lowest total I ever remember from a Purdue quarterback.
Sorry if perhaps I'm missing something, but Card threw 15tds vs. 8 ints. He also ran for 5 more scores and over 200 yards on the ground. Certainly not saying there isn't something left to be desired though.

Card was alright and then had just a horrendous stretch when injuries started happening and we started playing legit defenses. He obviously finished strong, and we'd have definitely won at NU had he played. We'll see what kind of strides he can make for next year. I was critical of him mid season, but we won't find a better option.

Card was alright and then had just a horrendous stretch when injuries started happening and we started playing legit defenses. He obviously finished strong, and we'd have definitely won at NU had he played. We'll see what kind of strides he can make for next year. I was critical of him mid season, but we won't find a better option.
first got to get some good wr's to throw to and shore up the OL

first got to get some good wr's to throw to and shore up the OL
Absolutely, especially now with Yaseen gone too. He was not great, but at least a steady target with some size. Need multiple guys at WR and up front.

When he was healthy. Which was almost never.
True, same as Rice. I kept thinking all year they needed to use Rice on the outside and get Burks in the slot, but it wouldn't have mattered because Rice would have just gotten hurt anyway.

Sorry if perhaps I'm missing something, but Card threw 15tds vs. 8 ints. He also ran for 5 more scores and over 200 yards on the ground. Certainly not saying there isn't something left to be desired though.
You’re absolutely right. The site I quoted only had his stats for eight games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT