ADVERTISEMENT

Most Corrupt - Joe Biden part III

Did he appoint Clark? Nope -- but only after the entirety of his DOJ seniors documented their resignation if he did so.

Same with Kash Patel.

Did he do that, as in, express his intention? Yes.
Are you saying Clark wanted to use the DOJ to impact the election?

Yes:

A news article summary:

"The indictment focuses on two attempts by Clark to send a document he wrote to Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp, Speaker of the Georgia House of Representatives David Ralston, and President Pro Tempore of the Georgia Senate Butch Miller after the 2020 election.

Clark first emailed Acting Attorney General Jeffrey Rosen and Acting Assistant Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue on Dec. 28, 2020, asking for permission to notify the Georgia officials that the Department of Justice had “identified significant concerns that may have impacted the outcome of the election in multiple States, including the State of Georgia,” a claim that was untrue. Five days later, he met Rosen and Donoghue and repeated the request in person, the indictment alleges."

Probably a better summary; of the testimony of Donoghue, who was 'in the room':

In one phone conversation, according to handwritten notes taken by Donoghue and made public by lawmakers last year, Trump directed to Rosen to “Just say the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen.”

Around that time, Trump was introduced by a Republican congressman, Rep. Scott Perry of Pennsylvania, to Clark, who’d joined the department in 2018 as its chief environmental lawyer and was later appointed to run its civil division. Clark has been subpoenaed by the committee to give a deposition but was not be among the witnesses Thursday.

Clark, according to statements from other Justice Department officials, met with Trump despite being ordered not to by bosses at the department and presented himself as eager to aid the president’s efforts to challenge the election results. A report released last year by the Senate Judiciary Committee that painted Clark as a relentless advocate for Trump included a draft letter pushing Georgia officials to convene a special legislative session to reconsider the election results.

Clark wanted the letter sent, but superiors at the Justice Department refused.

The situation came to a head on Jan. 3, 2021, a Sunday, when Clark informed Rosen in a private meeting at the Justice Department that Trump wanted to replace him with Clark as acting attorney general. Rosen, according to the Senate report, responded that “there was no universe I could imagine in which that would ever happen” and that he would not accept being fired by a subordinate.

Rosen then contacted the White House to request a meeting. That night, Rosen, Donoghue and Engel, along with Clark, gathered with Trump and top White House lawyers for a contentious, hours-long Oval Office meeting about whether the president should follow through with his plans for a radical leadership change at the department.

The obvious irony of my question was too subtle for you, I guess.
Oh? I get it but I'm not playing passive-aggressive middle school games. Nothing ironic about it. ALL candidates work toward positive media coverage. None deny election results or strongarm election officials absent evidence. Except for the defendant with 91 counts hanging over his anti-American head.

Oh? I get it but I'm not playing passive-aggressive middle school games. Nothing ironic about it. ALL candidates work toward positive media coverage. None deny election results or strongarm election officials absent evidence. Except for the defendant with 91 counts hanging over his anti-American head.
Looks like you recently learned about 'passive-aggressive', and now use it in place of whataboutism when you don't have a good argument, which is often.

I commend you for striving to increase your vocabulary.

Yes, and they control both parties. 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.
I understand the disgust with both parties, but I couldn't begin to equate them. The disaster that has taken place the last 3 years will fester for years. Just the border crisis with a min of entries of 175 countries known will not assimilate totally altering this country liked the place they left. History has shown it is quite common for people to bring their ways with them unless there is some means of forcing assimilation. We know terrorists have entered the USA and pretty confident we don't know all of them or where they are. Sometime in the future there will be another terrorist attack from a local cell and none of this mentions the financial issues, the military enlistment down and the woke, corrupt CIA/FBI leadership. Yep, bad on both sides, but one side has caused a disaster QUICKLY.

c3tzr1g81unaps7vznxhuew5zm76dshwey7onmflxck2ipzr2cpmdqghdb7kjesux7e14uz5sfrjzvvi6jsfcyhqubcbgd6tmjpdruhfszgvxqmsns8uan2.png

I’m not a fan of Biden.

Doubt he’s corrupt per criminal statute, but who knows? Haven’t seen that yet.

Layman’s definition corrupt? Sure; they all are to some extent.
Here I'll help you HoosierfanJM.

I watched one minute of the video and debunked the core premise with a 30 second Google search:

The US is currently producing more crude oil than it ever did under Trump. I'm not saying its good or bad but it is a fact.

I'll also say this. The tired argument that the economy is so bad is getting really old and tired. I'd like to know by what measure the US Economy is currently doing poorly?

GDP, Unemployment, Inflation, Stock Market??????????

I'll sit back and wait for all of the economist on this forum for an answer.

I watched one minute of the video and debunked the core premise with a 30 second Google search:

The US is currently producing more crude oil than it ever did under Trump. I'm not saying its good or bad but it is a fact.
Also the idea that Executive orders had all this effect and it didn’t mention the influence of Covid……..at least in the few minutes I listened to.

I understand the disgust with both parties, but I couldn't begin to equate them. The disaster that has taken place the last 3 years will fester for years. Just the border crisis with a min of entries of 175 countries known will not assimilate totally altering this country liked the place they left. History has shown it is quite common for people to bring their ways with them unless there is some means of forcing assimilation. We know terrorists have entered the USA and pretty confident we don't know all of them or where they are. Sometime in the future there will be another terrorist attack from a local cell and none of this mentions the financial issues, the military enlistment down and the woke, corrupt CIA/FBI leadership. Yep, bad on both sides, but one side has caused a disaster QUICKLY.
And the best way to easily stop the MOST migrants from Central and South America, is to stop all of the stupid sanctions, blockades, and embargoes. I support the Founding Father foreign policy of 'Peace Thru Commerce, Trade With Everyone'.

I'll also say this. The tired argument that the economy is so bad is getting really old and tired. I'd like to know by what measure the US Economy is currently doing poorly?

True; the American economy kicks ass. For that matter, we kicked ass under Trump and Obama. Covid messed with it, but of course it messed with it everywhere. Messed with it less here than almost anywhere else. The massive, free-money handouts during Covid begat the inflation that followed, but given the circumstances maybe that was a necessary evil. In due course inflation has significantly smoothed out this year as could be expected.

My biggest problem with Biden (besides some real policy disagreements)? That he'll no longer be up to the job. An 82-86 year old in the White House is a terrible idea.

I've been consistent (I hope) in saying that I'm generally a Republican policy-wise, and I'm a Republican for voter registration. Biden has been "fine/good enough" in a standard, not-crazy way. I prefer Republican policies (generally), but find Trump to be the worst leader and executive in my lifetime, and the absolute worst choice for President from either party that I've ever seen. Because he's a narcissistic, divisive, intellectually uncurious asshole that is despised by nearly everyone that truly knows him well, because of the tone he sets, and because he proudly screams for the deterioration of what makes America great.

• Wow
Reactions: Boilermaker03
And the best way to easily stop the MOST migrants from Central and South America, is to stop all of the stupid sanctions, blockades, and embargoes. I support the Founding Father foreign policy of 'Peace Thru Commerce, Trade With Everyone'.
Actually the best way is to close the border and vet all those you want to allow in. At least 175 nations (that we know) have sent people to the USA...they are not fleeing worrying about being killed. This is on purpose and leads to other things...other problems that the USA can control should there be a desire.

But if it’s doing well it’s only because of trump.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierfanJM
Trump is predicting a crash…….and hopes it happens in the next 12 months. Apparently the effect on his legacy is more important than the effect on the American people. Shocking that he thinks of himself first.
I’m sure ole Dementia Joe is working tirelessly to prevent that. In between 4 day weekends of course.

Can you defend everything Dementia Joe says? You know, the guy you put in the White House?
everything??????? How about anything? When you actively push for "diversity" then you actually push against "meritocracy". It is quite simple logic...

Of course not. Are you saying you can’t defend what trump said……you know, in the post you replied to? Or you just wanna keep deflecting and playing word games?
@BuilderBob6 Playing Word games, hypocrisy ,and deflection are what your entire life is built around

Trump lives in you head 24/7 you will likely just shrivel up into a fetal position when he is not around.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
The title is "most." It therefore calls for a comparison.

My point is "not most," because of others. Biden also does not compare to Warren Harding's corruption -- better?
By this definition -- corruption is the abuse of entrusted power for private gain -- Crow's blatant lies to the nation during the debate with Trump and the campaign make him far more corrupt than Harding.

Drilling is only one aspect. The other is refinement and this administration has seen a lot of refineries close permanently.

Reactions: SKYDOG and herrli
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT