ADVERTISEMENT

More examples of the peacefulness of the BLM.

In my humble opinion there is no comparison with the O.J. Case.
Sure there is. You're just unwilling to admit it. Try this:

O.J. was acquitted, but it didn't make him blameless. (odds are you believe he was guilty regardless of the verdict). And, we saw that with a lesser burden of proof in the civil suit, the jury did hold him responsible for those killings.

Same thing here. The officers were found "not guilty." Doesn't make them blameless. And, the civil suit settlement certainly suggests someone (nice alliteration) thought they were responsible for what happened to Freddie Gray.

See, they're comparable. That other stuff you brought up is simply a smokescreen.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
95% or so of civil suits are settled before trial. If not, the court system would come to a grinding halt.[/QUOTE

When journalists question the efficacy of an outcome it suggests the possibility settkement the purpose of which is questionable.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/freddie-gray/bs-md-ci-boe-20150908-story.html

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...rupt_settlement_of_the_freddie_gray_case.html

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/opinion/editorial/bs-ed-gray-settlement-20150908-story.html

Sure there is. You're just unwilling to admit it. Try this:

O.J. was acquitted, but it didn't make him blameless. (odds are you believe he was guilty regardless of the verdict). And, we saw that with a lesser burden of proof in the civil suit, the jury did hold him responsible for those killings.

Same thing here. The officers were found "not guilty." Doesn't make them blameless. And, the civil suit settlement certainly suggests someone (nice alliteration) thought they were responsible for what happened to Freddie Gray.

See, they're comparable. That other stuff you brought up is simply a smokescreen.

Read all the precedents and tell us all what a great deal the Mayor cut for her city. Imremember an arbitrator advising me that I had a very strong case in a civil action, but also reminding me that at trial anything could happen. Of course I settled with the aggrieved parties, but not by throwing money at them. They knew they would have a tough time winning and would never get what they sought so they made the best deal they could and it was a great deal for me. I am not comparing a lawsuit over the default of a purchaser of a home on a contract for deed sale is comparable to this case. But I would suggest that with a $400,000 state cap agreeing to an offer four times the amount of the average 9/11 settlement is questionable. Especially if the prosecutor who is threatened with disbarment had anything to do with advising the mayor on the probability that her case would pass muster.

Read all the precedents and tell us all what a great deal the Mayor cut for her city. Imremember an arbitrator advising me that I had a very strong case in a civil action, but also reminding me that at trial anything could happen. Of course I settled with the aggrieved parties, but not by throwing money at them. They knew they would have a tough time winning and would never get what they sought so they made the best deal they could and it was a great deal for me. I am not comparing a lawsuit over the default of a purchaser of a home on a contract for deed sale is comparable to this case. But I would suggest that with a $400,000 state cap agreeing to an offer four times the amount of the average 9/11 settlement is questionable. Especially if the prosecutor who is threatened with disbarment had anything to do with advising the mayor on the probability that her case would pass muster.
literally zero to do with what he posted. Why do you even post here?

So your stance on this, officially, is that the City settled for $6.4 million dollars just 'a'cuz? That the police didn't do anything at all wrong and that the City just gave taxpayer's money away because incompetence? Seems likely.

So your stance on this, officially, is that the City settled for $6.4 million dollars just 'a'cuz? That the police didn't do anything at all wrong and that the City just gave taxpayer's money away because incompetence? Seems likely.

Hell no, my position ( and that of others who know a helluva lot more than
me or you or anyone else on this forum) is the decision of the Mayor, given
The history of such cases under Maryland statutes, is questionable. This sorta
began with you leading the charge for a civil suit which as you have since learned
(I hope) was never an option and when I pointed that fact out to you it still did not
Immediate sink in. When the police trials are over, and if the present trend continues,
all of them will have been acquitted they will be eligible to return to their jobs and
get on with their lives.

Hell no, my position ( and that of others who know a helluva lot more than
me or you or anyone else on this forum) is the decision of the Mayor, given
The history of such cases under Maryland statutes, is questionable. This sorta
began with you leading the charge for a civil suit which as you have since learned
(I hope) was never an option and when I pointed that fact out to you it still did not
Immediate sink in. When the police trials are over, and if the present trend continues,
all of them will have been acquitted they will be eligible to return to their jobs and
get on with their lives.
Yep almost everyone in that van during that ride will be able to get on with their lives.

Except for the dead guy. Who was handcuffed.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT