ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State

BoilerFan#35

Sophomore
Jun 30, 2012
I think this loss (OSU) could benefit Purdue in the end. Michigan State has chosen the wrong time to be struggling I see a Boiler blowout. I think we will see some inspired play and we will clinch our double bye in East Lansing.

This post was edited on 3/2 7:58 AM by BoilerFan#35

Control Dawson on the boards and prevent some random person from going off and I like our chances.

MSU is a terrible free throw shooting team this year, let's hope that helps if/when the officiating gets terrible.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Valentine and Trice.....and Forbes can hurt teams from outside. Valentine is going to be a tough match-up.....no way I see an easy game for Purdue, and this one game, I expect MSU to hit their FT's.

I like the Boilers chances better now than two weeks ago, but I won't be surprised if Purdue walks out with another L.

The home crowd is worth 10 points, as it was last night in Columbus as it was in Bloomington. The Boilers must make FFs and hope to have all their key players on the floor at the end of the game. Great 3 point shooting not critical vs Sparty. Would help though.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Like our odds much better with this game than osu game. With that said we choked last night. The beer shoulda went down better

I agree, the MSU game is going to be very, very tough for Purdue. Both teams really need it, and MSU is at home.

Purdue needs to play with urgency (I think they did that last night in Columbus), but our guys also have to play loose enough not to force things. Hopefully that will help at the foul line.

A call from Chad Austin or Brad Miller would be nice. In '98 (when those guys were seniors), Purdue went up to East Lansing to close the regular season and beat an MSU team that had already clenched a share of the B10 title. Still one of the coolest games I remember from my college years.

Or "clinched." Though there was probably also some clenching during that game.

This will be an extremely difficult game for our Boilers and I would be surprised if we pull this one out. MSU will view this game as their tourney play in game. They've lost their last 2 and are at Indiana to close out the season. Lose to us and their NCAA hopes are in jeopardy. Our guys are playing great but they haven't learned how to close games. This is still a young team that is learning and next year we will see the benefit. The season will boil down to ILL at home. It will basically be a win and you're in for both teams and should be a war.

Don't think this will be remotely close to easy.

MSU is reeling right now and needs a win desperately.

I think if Purdue shows up and plays its game, Purdue can win. We need to focus on our game, something we got away from a bit last night.

Purdue by 10 and I predicted a Purdue loss last night. I see nothing specialabout msu this year.

Seriously? Realizing that it's at MSU and that It's senior night and that Izzo will be crying to the officials before tipoff even happens, what's going to be easy about this game? This is going to be a battle. Whoever cited body armor wasn't that far off.

Originally posted by jadeezra:
Purdue by 10 and I predicted a Purdue loss last night. I see nothing specialabout msu this year.
I've said all along this is the year to beat MSU, and I've said so from the get-go. I think it'll be closer than 10 as Sparty makes a late game rally to close it to 3 at the end.

PU wins last two, two in the tourney and gets a five seed in the dance.

beat them up just like they always do other teams, get physical and turn it into a brawl. I know Haas is up for it

If Purdue plays the game it wants to play, Purdue will probably win.

Purdue's had a few of these games where they just are a completely weird team for stretches (i.e. @ Minnesota) and you wonder what is going on. The beginning of the OSU game was similar - jacking 3s in the first 8 minutes of the game.

If Purdue plays with discipline and has a decent shooting day, Purdue should be in a good situation.

I think Purdue is ready to play MSU at East Lansing. The Boilers are the better team at this point of the season, we match up with them well, and should be playing with a sense of urgency. It think it will be a close game.

Wow that Reasonableguy dude must be really butt hurt his team took two poundings in a year. I wonder if he knows he's not the least bit funny and just comes off as another stupid troll.

Originally posted by Heller:
Wow that Reasonableguy dude must be really butt hurt his team took two poundings in a year. I wonder if he knows he's not the least bit funny and just comes off as another stupid troll.
He's starting to make crapsense/nomoiler/etc look like mensa members.

It's just as important "When" you play someone. MSU comes off of 2 losses...bad. We're coming off of one...good. Initially, I felt this was our best shot at a road win between IU, OSU and MSU. We'll either scrape by with one or get routed. I don't like our chances...but it's not impossible. Somehow Izzo gets his boys playing late in the year. This is just as important to them as us. It's going to be a tough row to hoe. We really could use this one though.

Originally posted by reasonableguy44:

Crean is just stacked
Usually men refer to the other gender as "Stacked". You must have some gender confusion. I can understand it though, given your posts. You need to get over that man-love obsession with Tom Crean. He is just not going to give you what you want from him. He hasn't done for most IU fans. What makes you think he will do it for you?

Juvenile butt-munch.

cool.r191677.gif

Originally posted by mathboy:

Crean is just stacked
Usually men refer to the other gender as "Stacked". You must have some gender confusion. I can understand it though, given your posts. You need to get over that man-love obsession with Tom Crean. He is just not going to give you what you want from him. He hasn't done for most IU fans. What makes you think he will do it for you?

Juvenile butt-munch.

cool.r191677.gif
I don't think the confusion is gender related. I'm guessing reasonableguy looks like a glazed doughnut after his Crean-masked wearing buddy gets done with him. He's a "Lapper" and worships a "Clapper". LOL

Originally posted by mathboy:

Crean is just stacked

Juvenile butt-munch.

cool.r191677.gif
When he gets old enough to go to IU he'll be in the right place since Gender Confusion is a 3 year major.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT