ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Top 3

Michigan St. insider changed his vote after Hall's official. Of course the local guy will go with his team.

It looks like the MSU "insider" switched to Oregon last night. 87 Purdue, 13 Oregon. Hopefully he heard MSU is out and it is pride on his part to not pick Purdue here.

I really hate these things, but as has been posted before, as info gets leaked leading up to commit they can be right sometimes.

Maybe he still feels confident in KB Jr now that he wants his last official to be MSU. Who knows but Malik would be a stud here.

Reactions: oldboiler52
It looks like the MSU "insider" switched to Oregon last night. 87 Purdue, 13 Oregon. Hopefully he heard MSU is out and it is pride on his part to not pick Purdue here.

I really hate these things, but as has been posted before, as info gets leaked leading up to commit they can be right sometimes.
The rumor was that it was down to MSU and Purdue with Oregon fading fast due in part to the FBI investigation. I think this is good for us, as the MSU writer potentially got word that it isn’t MSU and doesn’t want to pick Purdue.

Reactions: ChuckJr
The rumor was that it was down to MSU and Purdue with Oregon fading fast due in part to the FBI investigation. I think this is good for us, as the MSU writer potentially got word that it isn’t MSU and doesn’t want to pick Purdue.
It’s not done until it’s done, ladies and gentlemen. I agree the MSU to Oregon flip is probably a positive one... until everyone flips to Oregon like ol’ Francis.

It’s not done until it’s done, ladies and gentlemen. I agree the MSU to Oregon flip is probably a positive one... until everyone flips to Oregon like ol’ Francis.
I’m with you on that, it’s not over until Archie Miller’s mom sings. My point was just that I don’t necessarily believe this is one of those last minute flips because he knows something.

Well... Jerry Meyer recently changed his prediction to Oregon. Fasten your seat belts folks. We might be in for quite the ride.

Meyer any good with picking the right school? TIA
I call him the "human wind vane". Jerry tends to ride the wave of the direction of the chatter before a commitment.

This is a bit early for him to flip to Oregon, so that is a concern. He is VERY plugged in, so its likely there is some valid info out there for him to switch away from his Purdue pick. Now thats no guarentee of MH final choice, but it does indicate there may be some new info hitting the street.

Reactions: hoosierdog1
I would be surprised with the opportunity this kid has why he wouldn't choose Purdue. Potentially choosing Oregon and play minimal minutes his freshman year. King most likely will stick around a couple of years and the way they are recruiting he might get over recruited.

If you follow him on social media it’s easily 2/1 for Purdue fans commenting, maybe more. Our fan base has been very vocal with him simply due to we know we need him in this class. The other schools are loaded at the 3/4 already. It’s simply not a need, like it is here. Hope he’s sees that, as I believe Painter has done a good job recruiting him. Just need to close it out

I would be surprised with the opportunity this kid has why he wouldn't choose Purdue. Potentially choosing Oregon and play minimal minutes his freshman year. King most likely will stick around a couple of years and the way they are recruiting he might get over recruited.

They are loaded with former 4 stars at both forward positions. Doesn't make sense from a playing time standpoint if he picks Oregon.

If Oregon is the choice it is because they are sexy. The Nike gear, the facilities, the Pacific Northwest. Teenagers like bright shiny objects. Oregon is one of the bright shiny objects in college basketball. It sells itself due to the association with Nike. I do think there is smoke to Oregon paying players (Bowen Sr "not remembering" amount they offered Jr was comical, especially after he was shown statements on amount he previously told FBI to refresh his memory. Can you say hush money Phil Knight?) I do not think Hall or Orkoro recruitment were dirty though.

Hopefully Painter can close this one out. If not, move onto Nnaji.

If you follow him on social media it’s easily 2/1 for Purdue fans commenting, maybe more. Our fan base has been very vocal with him simply due to we know we need him in this class. The other schools are loaded at the 3/4 already. It’s simply not a need, like it is here. Hope he’s sees that, as I believe Painter has done a good job recruiting him. Just need to close it out

Agreed. His twitter comments are swarming with Purdue fans. Vincent Edwards even commented on his Instagram today trying to recruit him. And we heard that Isaiah has been coming after him hard. We've done all we can. Now all that's left is for Malik to not get distracted by the glitz and glamour, and realize he has starter minutes waiting right here for him.

Hopefully Painter can close this one out. If not, move onto Nnaji.
Was wondering about Hall’s commitment date and Zeke’s visit date. Seems like Hall originaly said late November and that deadline seemed to get pushed forward. Got to be something to that and perhaps he is getting worried of his spot at Purdue going away if Zeke commits during his visit.

Was wondering about Hall’s commitment date and Zeke’s visit date. Seems like Hall originaly said late November and that deadline seemed to get pushed forward. Got to be something to that and perhaps he is getting worried of his spot at Purdue going away if Zeke commits during his visit.

Yeah, I really am not sure where Purdue stands with Nnaji, but it will be interesting to see what happens with Self and Kansas ( I know probably nothing and OK State getting nailed, haha). Even if there is smoke and an investigation going on it could help Purdue during his decision time.

Not giving up on Hall because of a few crystal ball picks, it's not over until he commits. However, if he doesn't come it would be crazy if Nnaji worked out. Kind of like like getting the better prospect in Newman after Franklin picked IU. I know the staff has to be going hard after both as they are really the only '19s left out there.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It’s all in the tea leaves, I’m sure Meyer knows something

Wonder what he’s hearing that made him switch. Initially thought our problem would be MSU, but then again our beloved friend Dana has committed to screwing Purdue in recruiting for years to come.

Was Malik at the game tonight? If so, that should have sealed the deal! Come on Malik, we want to see you in Gold and Black! :)

I’m gonna go with “No”. He said he is done with visits. Hunter, Jaden, and other visitors were at the game though. Not sure if they stayed for the whole thing. When I stormed the field, I did see Aaron, Grady, and Kyle. Aaron was going wild. Hugged a random shirtless dude and let out a long “WOOOOOOO” in the streets. Love that guy.

Good grief. That’s about two more weeks of stress for me. But I would still consider us favorites. Malik recently liked the photo shoot on Nojel on Instagram, followed Rondale Moore, and liked Tyler Trent and Purdue football related posts on Twitter. Don’t see him really embracing any of the other schools on social media to the extent he is with us. I hope he has realized how much we want and need him.

Good grief. That’s about two more weeks of stress for me. But I would still consider us favorites. Malik recently liked the photo shoot on Nojel on Instagram, followed Rondale Moore, and liked Tyler Trent and Purdue football related posts on Twitter. Don’t see him really embracing any of the other schools on social media to the extent he is with us. I hope he has realized how much we want and need him.
I wouldn't read anything into the social media stuff. You'll drive yourself crazy and it really means nothing. But agree on the opportunity for him at Purdue. He's a starter from day one at Purdue. At MSU, he's battling a ton of forwards for minutes.

Reactions: guppy likes purdue
I wouldn't read anything into the social media stuff. You'll drive yourself crazy and it really means nothing. But agree on the opportunity for him at Purdue. He's a starter from day one at Purdue. At MSU, he's battling a ton of forwards for minutes.

While it may not be reliable getting takeways from social media, it is the nature of the beast these days in recruiting. Overreacting to even the slightest indication a recruit may like your school. And not being a premium member, I have only so much to go off on in regards to intel on recruits. But regardless, Malik’s perceived like of Purdue on social media does give me at least a sliver of solid confidence in our chances.

I just read on the Rivals main page that Eric Bossi is giving Purdue more than a punchers chance to land BOTH Malik Hall and Zeke Nnaji.

Sounds good to me.

Boiler Up Gentlemen!

Reactions: TX4GB and ChuckJr
I just read on the Rivals main page that Eric Bossi is giving Purdue more than a punchers chance to land BOTH Malik Hall and Zeke Nnaji.

Sounds good to me.

Boiler Up Gentlemen!
Link please

Zeke Nnaji IMO we are the school to beat . This kid can tell you about any B1G Ten player over the past few years . And all the B1G Ten teams . DYK he is a great Pianist . His father has kept all of those who look to exploit him far away . I was told the family reached out to Robby Hummel about his experience at Purdue . He should have been a lock for Little Ricky but Minny fans have been calling for his job . Yeah it matters when fans turn against their own teams . I have a ton of reasons I think we are the favorite but little to no facts .

Oregon's in-home with CJ Walker today can only help us if they're still in the running for Hall. If he were to commit, they'd be looking at four 4*+ PF in the 2019-2021 classes ahead of Malik's decision. Good problem to have if you're a Duck, maybe not for the individual player. Does the in-home mean they're looking at a contingent plan? Will Malik feel like the contingent plan? Can't know til November, I suppose.

Zeke... does anyone actually have any facts there? No tea leaves in our direction on the CB or anything. Not like it matters but still plays some impact.

Zeke... does anyone actually have any facts there? No tea leaves in our direction on the CB or anything. Not like it matters but still plays some impact.

I haven't seen anything lately about Purdue which probably isn't surprising as he's been visiting other schools each of the last 3 weekends. Adam Zagoria (zagsblog/NYT) has gotten a couple of quotes from Zeke's father following each visit so far. As expected, he's been only positive about what they've seen...

KANSAS: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/08/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-viists-kansas-arizona-up-next/
“It was very informative for sure,” Apham Nnaji, the player’s father, said. “We were able to see the need for Zeke and all the support he’ll get should he decide to go there. Their message was for him to be a part of a winning program with proven track records to bring hard working kids to the next level.”
“They see him, Hurt and Robinson-Earl co-existing and really doing well,” Apham said previously. “Just like [Andrew] Wiggins and [Joel] Embiid did.”

ARIZONA: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/14/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-visits-arizona-ucla-up-next/
“It was really good,” said Apham Nnaji, the player’s father. “We watched practice and their Red Blue game today.”
“There’s obvious need for Zeke’s skill set on that team and with the boys committed already they think that Zeke is their final component,” Apham said.

UCLA: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/21/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-visits-ucla-purdue-up-next/
“It was a great experience as we got to watch practice and closed scrimmage with Pepperdine [on Saturday],” said his father, Apham. “Again, like the other schools it was not hard to see why his skill sets are needed.
“He also met with Russ [Westbrook] who was working out with his team. It is one of the biggest markets [and] they say will be a good fit for Zeke.”

I haven't seen anything lately about Purdue which probably isn't surprising as he's been visiting other schools each of the last 3 weekends. Adam Zagoria (zagsblog/NYT) has gotten a couple of quotes from Zeke's father following each visit so far. As expected, he's been only positive about what they've seen...

KANSAS: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/08/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-viists-kansas-arizona-up-next/
“It was very informative for sure,” Apham Nnaji, the player’s father, said. “We were able to see the need for Zeke and all the support he’ll get should he decide to go there. Their message was for him to be a part of a winning program with proven track records to bring hard working kids to the next level.”
“They see him, Hurt and Robinson-Earl co-existing and really doing well,” Apham said previously. “Just like [Andrew] Wiggins and [Joel] Embiid did.”

ARIZONA: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/14/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-visits-arizona-ucla-up-next/
“It was really good,” said Apham Nnaji, the player’s father. “We watched practice and their Red Blue game today.”
“There’s obvious need for Zeke’s skill set on that team and with the boys committed already they think that Zeke is their final component,” Apham said.

UCLA: http://www.zagsblog.com/2018/10/21/2019-big-man-zeke-nnaji-visits-ucla-purdue-up-next/
“It was a great experience as we got to watch practice and closed scrimmage with Pepperdine [on Saturday],” said his father, Apham. “Again, like the other schools it was not hard to see why his skill sets are needed.
“He also met with Russ [Westbrook] who was working out with his team. It is one of the biggest markets [and] they say will be a good fit for Zeke.”
lol Kansas, this is a tad different situation than Wiggins and Embiid... and sounds like UCLA is rolling out the red carpet. Hopefully he can see that we could “need” him too when he visits.

Eric Bossi - I think- did a write up and said Purdue is very much in the mix. He is pretty plugged in on the national level guys like Zeke so don’t think he would say that without anything to back it.

Eric Bossi - I think- did a write up and said Purdue is very much in the mix. He is pretty plugged in on the national level guys like Zeke so don’t think he would say that without anything to back it.
I wonder if there is anything else besides our history w big men that’s putting us in the mix. Seems like we just came out of nowhere as one of his favorites. Maybe proximity to home? But that doesn’t seem like an issue for him as he visits Baylor, Zona, UCLA, etc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT