ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Hall Top 3

Altman is definitely trolling Painter for whatever reason on recruits. It's not just a coincidence he's in on everyone we're going after. The dude has the entire West Coast for gods sake.

He's a midwest guy though. But yeah I wish he would try to establish personal inroads in Cali. Spread your wings dana!

Louis King had us both in the top 5 too. It seems crowded in Oregon with top 50 forwards already.

This is similar with MSU also. Both Oregon and MSU have a ton of 3s and 4s already on their rosters. If Malik wants the place where he will get the max amount of playtime as a freshman, it seems an easy decision to pick us. He can be our go to scorer with Carsen inevitably leaving. But who knows where his thought process is at.

When he released his top 5 or 6 the picture of him in a Purdue uniform was in the center of the picture. Now his top three, again Purdue is the in the center of the picture. He is sending Purdue fans a message. Seems pretty scientific to me?

Actually I panicked when the still shot, before you hit the play button, was just him in an Oregon jersey.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
I wonder how much longer Izzo is going to be around. Mat is younger and looks to be around for a long time...

Anyone else nervous that MSU may be the choice here?

Not nervous. Terrified. It just makes no sense from the standpoint of their roster though. Does he want to ride the pine or actually play some minutes? They got small forwards out the whazoo over there.

Not nervous. Terrified. It just makes no sense from the standpoint of their roster though. Does he want to ride the pine or actually play some minutes? They got small forwards out the whazoo over there.
This is like the Okoro situation all over again, except Illinois and Purdue were the ones with him the longest. Oregon swept in at the last minute and won him over in a saturated forward roster too.

Ironically, both Oregon and Purdue were with Malik the longest, but MSU slides in late and has caught up so much that apparently they may have the lead. And again, a saturated forward roster.

Ultimately think it comes down to MSU and Purdue, but don’t like how relevant MSU has became in such a short amount of time.

According to that particular MSU insider, they’re going to get Hall, Timme, Brooks, Weems, Stewart, and Vernon Carey. Quite the haul

Lol! Still leary of MSU, but that makes me feel a little better. The guy is obviously trying to churn momentum in MSU's favor and has no inside info.

Lol! Still leary of MSU, but that makes me feel a little better. The guy is obviously trying to churn momentum in MSU's favor and has no inside info.

I just don't know what to think with this recruitment. We've done pretty much all we can. But I can't help but feel that MSU has covered some serious ground very quickly. Malik's mom on Twitter seems big on the Spartans going off of the tweets she is liking. Heck, she doesn't even follow Purdue's account. And his sister liked only a single comment on his Instagram post, and it said "Go Green." Perhaps the family is big on MSU and influencing his decision. But who knows at this point. We can only grasp at these little details which may or may not even be relevant at all.

I just don't know what to think with this recruitment. We've done pretty much all we can. But I can't help but feel that MSU has covered some serious ground very quickly. Malik's mom on Twitter seems big on the Spartans going off of the tweets she is liking. Heck, she doesn't even follow Purdue's account. And his sister liked only a single comment on his Instagram post, and it said "Go Green." Perhaps the family is big on MSU and influencing his decision. But who knows at this point. We can only grasp at these little details which may or may not even be relevant at all.
She follows Purdue’s coaches

She follows Purdue’s coaches

Didn't see that. I just think it is telling of her love for MSU in that she follows their basketball, athletics, and overall school accounts while she doesn't follow any Purdue accounts aside from the coaches apparently. Hopefully she doesn't try to influence Malik that much. This twitter stuff is probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Tyger Campbell's mom went on and on about his love for DePaul on Twitter and we all know how that went for them.

Reactions: Boilermaker24
Didn't see that. I just think it is telling of her love for MSU in that she follows their basketball, athletics, and overall school accounts while she doesn't follow any Purdue accounts aside from the coaches apparently. Hopefully she doesn't try to influence Malik that much. This twitter stuff is probably irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Tyger Campbell's mom went on and on about his love for DePaul on Twitter and we all know how that went for them.
$$$ is clearly what happened with DePaul

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT