ADVERTISEMENT

Keshawn Vaughn

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
Yesterday, RB Keshawn Vaughn from TN announced his final four, and we made it along with Louisville, NC, and Ohio State. He said playing time and family feel were the most important to him, and he is announcing sometime later on this month.

We could definitely give him both of those 2 items that he said was important. He would be a great pickup for us. He has a nice list of offers. I am not sure of Ohio State being able to provide the playing time and family feel. However, do we ever beat Ohio State for a recruit though?

Originally posted by KentuckyBoiler:
He announced today that we made the final 3 with Louisville and Ohio State.

Hopefully OSU fills up with someone else. This would he a huge recruit for us.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Ohio State assistant coach Tim Hinton was in Nashville (Tenn.) today to visit Pearl Cohn running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn at Vaughn's high school. Hinton met with Vaughn and Vaughn's mother.

"It went good," Vaughn said. "He talked with my mom about the visit. We leave Friday night after the all-star game."

Vaughn plays in the Tennessee East vs West All-Star game on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and then he and his mother will drive to Columbus. It will be the first time Vaughn has visited Ohio State.

"I want to see what the atmosphere is like," he said.

Vaughn has over 20 scholarship offers including his three finalists.

"It's down to Ohio State, Louisville and Purdue," Vaughn said. "I'll announce on signing day."

The 5-foot-10 and 210-pound Vaughn had a huge senior season. He rushed for 2,600 yards and 45 touchdowns as Pearl Cohn made it to the state semi-finals and finished with an 11-3 record.

Vaughn is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings. He is the country's No. 232 prospect, the No. 21 running back, and the No. 10 prospect in Tennessee.

I don't think the OSU offer is commitable. They don't have many spots left and it looks like they will be flipping Mike Weber from Michigan.

I actually have a great feeling about this one. I think he will pick us.

This post was edited on 12/9 11:24 PM by BoilerNGold013

I'd like to see it too, also want the JC TE from Cali.

images

Originally posted by College Basketball:
I don't think the OSU offer is commitable. They don't have many spots left and it looks like they will be flipping Mike Weber from Michigan.
They got Weber like you predicted, and now all the "experts" on 24/7 sports are predicting Vaughn ends up at Louisville now.

Vaughn is/was an under-rated recruit that the Buckeyes have "courted" for awhile now. Big time ability. I could be wrong, (without looking it up), but I believe he was the Tennessee Gatorade player of the year. My guess is that the Buckeyes are pretty much done with RB recruiting with the very recent addition of Weber. Man, this would be a HUGE pickup for you guys as I would much rather see players like this end up with fellow BIG teams. We need to get better as a conference as a whole, not just a few good teams. Good luck guys.

Thanks for stopping by.

Seems that the 247 Crystal ball is just a pick the best team thats still realistic and available.

I don't think we will get Vaughn...but if we do I will be excited. I think we are already pretty loaded at RB though, lots of youth but a few guys who look like they can be good BIgTen style backs.

If we get Vaughan, I definitely think we drop Ennis.

Originally posted by R1950:
Vaughn is/was an under-rated recruit that the Buckeyes have "courted" for awhile now. Big time ability. I could be wrong, (without looking it up), but I believe he was the Tennessee Gatorade player of the year. My guess is that the Buckeyes are pretty much done with RB recruiting with the very recent addition of Weber. Man, this would be a HUGE pickup for you guys as I would much rather see players like this end up with fellow BIG teams. We need to get better as a conference as a whole, not just a few good teams. Good luck guys.
thanks...would love to land Vaughn

From Bucknuts recruiter:

2) On Wednesday night Nashville (Tenn.) Pearl Cohn running back
Ke'Shawn Vaughn told me he wasn't sure if he would make an official
visit to Ohio State this weekend after he heard running back Michael Weber had committed to Ohio State. Vaughn said he didn't want to "waste a visit," and had to talk things over with his mom.

On Thursday morning Vaughn told me he would go ahead and make the
official visit to Ohio State this weekend though he said he had not
spoken with Buckeye assistant Tim Hinton.
Then late Thursday afternoon Vaughn got in touch with me again saying
he would not visit Ohio State this weekend which I posted here at
Bucknuts.com. This time Vaughn said he had spoken with Hinton.

"They want to postpone the visit," Vaughn said.

When asked if he would make an official visit to Ohio State in January, Vaughn said, "I don't know."

Vaughn
has made official visits to Louisville and Purdue and will likely
decide between those two though he doesn't plan to announce his college
choice until National Signing Day.

Vaughn is a 4-star prospect in the 247Sports rankings. He is the
country's No. 232 prospect, the No. 21 running back, and the No. 10
prospect in Tennessee.

Right after Edwards and Dillard were Purdue locks. Can't figure out what kids will do most of the time. Whether that's picking a school or pounding a team mate's head into the bball court.
Originally posted by Bullwhip Griffith:
Originally posted by College Basketball:
They got Weber like you predicted, and now all the "experts" on 24/7 sports are predicting Vaughn ends up at Louisville now.

Originally posted by KentuckyBoiler:

Yesterday, RB Keshawn Vaughn from TN announced his final four, and we made it along with Louisville, NC, and Ohio State. He said playing time and family feel were the most important to him, and he is announcing sometime later on this month.

We could definitely give him both of those 2 items that he said was important. He would be a great pickup for us. He has a nice list of offers. I am not sure of Ohio State being able to provide the playing time and family feel. However, do we ever beat Ohio State for a recruit though?
He just opened up his recruitment 45 minutes ago. Say Purdue and UofL are still high on his list. Apparently not that "high" if you're opening your recruitment back up.

We dont' pass up Vaughn if he choses us that's for sure. But realistically how many RBs do we need in this class? I know we're losing a lot, and I see Worship as maybe more of a FB, but he seems to do alright as a RB. That leaves Jones who is currently the prize, Fuller and Enis who I think still comes here because if he hasn't been cut loose by now, I'm assuming he won't be. That means a 5 RB class? I know we're losing a great deal, but is 5 too many? I think Fuller or Enis also play a different position right? I think Enis is actually listed as an Athlete? I don't think we turn any of them down but with so many positions of need is 5 too many? At the same time I guess at such an important position you have to recruit that many to hope one works out?

said this morning he wants to reopen his recruitment and nd is getting involved among others , upon hearing this I also heard the door closing in regards to our program.

images

Yep... if he reopens... then I think for sure it's over for us. It really means that his final 3 weren't really his final three. More of a courtesy three with his eye on OSU.

Originally posted by BoilerNGold013:
Wow that twitter post he made today basically put a fork in our chances with him. Damn....
mad0001.r191677.gif
Yup....our coaches should run....not walk, away.

Originally posted by pboiler18:
Wow that twitter post he made today basically put a fork in our chances with him. Damn....
mad0001.r191677.gif
Which post would that be, the one that he said he was opening back up, but that Louisville and Purdue were still high on his list? I think we are done too... but it could just be that he's opening back up because he still has at least one official visit to take. Some kids like the paid vacations. hah.

Originally posted by Dr_billy_badass:

Originally posted by pboiler18:

mad0001.r191677.gif
Which post would that be, the one that he said he was opening back up, but that Louisville and Purdue were still high on his list? I think we are done too... but it could just be that he's opening back up because he still has at least one official visit to take. Some kids like the paid vacations. hah.
To me, that means that he wants to see more beyond the 2 schools he is still involved with. We were longshots for his commitment anyway, now that ND and others might be hopping into the mix its time to spend our time elsewhere. If he wanted to commit to one of his 2 finalists on signing day, hed have kept just the 2 in the running one would think.

If we and Louisville were anything more than just fluff to make up drama on signing day, he would just announce that there are now two finalists or not announce anything at all and keep it at three. This guy could probably have come in right away and replaced Hunt to a large degree. I think his official visit was during the Mich. St. game which was the best possible game he could have attended. We used our RBs to gash a vaunted defense for a lot of yards. I think that game is the sole reason we are high on his list b/c he saw how much of a focal point he saw he could be in the offense given the style of play and that our top two guys were seniors.

If we and Louisville were anything more than just fluff to make up drama on signing day, he would just announce that there are now two finalists or not announce anything at all and keep it at three. This guy could probably have come in right away and replaced Hunt to a large degree. I think his official visit was during the Mich. St. game which was the best possible game he could have attended. We used our RBs to gash a vaunted defense for a lot of yards. I think that game is the sole reason we are high on his list b/c he saw how much of a focal point he saw he could be in the offense given the style of play and that our top two guys were seniors.
I dont think its quite that bad. He probably likes both universities quite a bit, but doesnt get that "OMG, this is my wedding dress" thing going on.

If he has/had an OSU offer, I bet he can reopen recruiting to find it.

Right now we are all in on Brian Cole. He's priority#1. And a mid year enrollee. Hell Hazell just brought the Boilermaker express to his house the other. Literally they brought it with them

Louisville & Purdue were probably his "back-up" offers. It seems he was waiting for the OSU offer,now that it fell thru, he's going to wait and see if he gets an offer from another big-time program, if not, he's got his two "back-ups"....can't really blame the kid...pretty good strategy on his part.

Most interesting thing was that this kid wanted to delay his decision until signing day.

It seems like the big programs that were recruiting him didn't want to have to wait that long to get a commitment from him.

I think with Louisville getting that juco RB, our chances go up....that said...we are decently loaded in this class and on the team in general with good RBs. We need that speed element though.

Honestly, if we went to a more pro set offense next year I think we would have some success running Knox and Green between the tackles.

Stu S. Is Brian Cole's personal trainer. We are not out of it but probably a bit of a long shot. Very highly rated.
Originally posted by uncleboiler:
Like Vaughn, Cole will have(and does) too many high profile offers to seriously consider Purdue.

Experts on 247 are showing Vaughn a Purdue lean. I know the experts are never right, but hey I have my fingers crossed!

Also, an MSU's recruiting analyst on 247 changed his prediction on Brian Cole to Purdue.

LETS GO COACH, BRING THEM IN!

247 article/interview says he is down to 4 schools adding in UNC. Vaughn said family feel and playing time were the most important and plans on making a late December decison

247 Article

Originally posted by JBoiler14:
247 article/interview says he is down to 4 schools adding in UNC. Vaughn said family feel and playing time were the most important and plans on making a late December decison

Link: 247 Article[/URL]

The link is to a scout article from 12/5. He eliminated osu

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT