ADVERTISEMENT

It Begins

Bethboilerfan

Senior
Sep 14, 2012
According to the Columbus Dispatch, a 10 year victim of rape was forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana to get an abortion. Governor DeWine who signed the bill making a ban on all abortions legal, called it a “tragedy.”

Last edited:
According to the Columbus Dispatch, a 10 year victim of rape was forced to travel from Ohio to Indiana to get an abortion. Governor DeWine who signed the bill making a ban on all abortions legal, called it a “tragedy.”

The criminal in question here needs casterated, put in the most violent of jails, and then on to death row.

But Forced? As a side note, I really detest the parents here who had to know their daughter was pregnant via medical care anyone would give their daughter after a rape. But then they waited until right after the legal 6 weeks had passed to get the abortion to make a media case. This amounts to using a young child to make a public media political statement. Parents like this are disturbed.

I don't think anyone is against this child getting an abortion. A 10 year old almost certainly would not be able to carry the child to term.

The Ohio law will likely get amended to allow for cases like this. Also, Indiana is like a 3 hour drive from Columbus, some people will have to drive 3 hours to get anywhere to do anything, in-state or out.

Reactions: Indy_Rider

I'm perfectly good with allowing abortions in the case of rape, incest, and imminent health risks to the mother.
That will still eliminate about 90% of abortions.

I think we can all compromise on that course of action...

Most rape kits include pregnancy testing so in theory the victim should be aware of the pregnancy well before 6 weeks.

I don't think anyone is against this child getting an abortion. A 10 year old almost certainly would not be able to carry the child to term.

The Ohio law will likely get amended to allow for cases like this. Also, Indiana is like a 3 hour drive from Columbus, some people will have to drive 3 hours to get anywhere to do anything, in-state or out.
Unfortunately a LOT of people believe there should be no exceptions. Indiana will soon pass laws that would not allow the child to get an abortion. I am not sure about whether or not a 10 year old could carry a child to term as the youngest child I know about was 11. I will check on this

I'm perfectly good with allowing abortions in the case of rape, incest, and imminent health risks to the mother.
That will still eliminate about 90% of abortions.

I think we can all compromise on that course of action...
I would think so too but alas that is not the position of several religious groups and includes several members of the SC. Most Americans believe as you do. (67% was the last poll I saw)

Quick google search, looks like Pennsylvania allows abortion up 24 weeks still. Pittsburgh is also just a 3 hour drive from Columbus.

In Indiana, I think there are times abortion should be allowed, but also not concerned if they do a full ban because it's almost always less than 3 hours from anywhere in Indiana to Illinois. So again, if you need it, you can conceivably get access.

Wow, the utter victim blaming here is something else. SHE'S 10! Truly WTF is wrong with you?
You obviously don’t know what a rape kit is moron. It’s administered during a forensic medical exams when someone is raped. Her parents would be made aware of the pregnancy at that time, dependent on how long after the rape the exam is conducted. Not even sure why I responded to your ignorant and incorrect take.
It would allow her parents to have the pregnancy terminated prior to the 6 week ban that is currently on the books in Ohio, which was the point of the OP. Try to keep up little Bopeep

Last edited:
You obviously don’t know what a rape kit is moron. It’s administered during a forensic medical exams when someone is raped. Her parents would be made aware of the pregnancy at that time. Not even sure why I responded to your ignorant and incorrect take.
It would allow her parents to have the pregnancy terminated prior to the 6 week ban that is currently on the books in Ohio, which was the point of the OP. Try to keep up little Bopeep
And you obviously don't know that rape kits typically don't get turned around right away. They can take weeks. I would tell you to do a basic amount of research, but given that you thought Mike LIndell was going to have the election overturned, I'm not holding my breath.

You're still throwing this back on the 10-year-old here, no matter how you try to spin it.

And you obviously don't know that rape kits typically don't get turned around right away. They can take weeks. I would tell you to do a basic amount of research, but given that you thought Mike LIndell was going to have the election overturned, I'm not holding my breath.

You're still throwing this back on the 10-year-old here, no matter how you try to spin it.
I’m well aware how they work. You have any idea what I do for a living?

Technically what you say is true.

But medical professionals always offer follow up for STDs and pregnancy tests in these cases.

Also not sure why a plan B wasn't administered? That is confusing?

I truly don't care what you do for a living.

You're placing all of the onus on a child. That's absurd.

How the hell do you come to that conclusion? Because I refuted the general notion that a child/child’s parents wouldn’t know she was pregnant until after 6 weeks? How is that in any way putting anything on a child?
And I deal with child sex abuse victims and rape kits regularly. The pregnancy testing portion can be tested and results back within a couple hours of the draw.

Last edited:
Unfortunately a LOT of people believe there should be no exceptions. Indiana will soon pass laws that would not allow the child to get an abortion. I am not sure about whether or not a 10 year old could carry a child to term as the youngest child I know about was 11. I will check on this
I dont think it is accurate to say a LOT of people believe there should be no exceptions. Do you have a link to data?

I dont think it is accurate to say a LOT of people believe there should be no exceptions. Do you have a link to data?
According to the Pew Research Center, “about six-in-ten Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.” “37% think abortion should be illegal in all or most cases”. (Pewresearch.org). I think 37% is a lot but I guess it is relative.

Was this story ever verified??

If true it is terrible, sad and outrageous on many levels. But for sure, it would not be the first time the left made something up for political gain??

White House won't say if Biden's story about 10-year-old rape victim was verified - Washington Times

Actual journalist questions viral '10-year-old rape victim denied abortion' story — and she brings RECEIPTS - TheBlaze

Last edited:
Was this story ever verified??

If true it is terrible, sad and outrageous on many levels. But for sure, it would not be the first time the left made something up for political gain??

White House won't say if Biden's story about 10-year-old rape victim was verified - Washington Times

Actual journalist questions viral '10-year-old rape victim denied abortion' story — and she brings RECEIPTS - TheBlaze
“Actual journalist” and “the blaze” don’t go together. But anyway….

“Actual journalist” and “the blaze” don’t go together. But anyway….

Timing is suspicious.

Left is suspect again here....based on their past abuses & outright lies in media.

Story you linked is similar to all others. Light on info about criminal. Only verification is from abortionist doc in Indiana. And so far have seen no police cases related to this in Ohio.

Like I said outrageous, sad and shocking if true. But the left's total abuse of truth in the media in the past has me questioning this.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Timing is suspicious.

Left is suspect again here....based on their past abuses & outright lies in media.

Story you linked is similar to all others. Light on info about criminal. Only verification is from abortionist doc in Indiana. And so far have seen no police cases related to this in Ohio.

Like I said outrageous, sad and shocking if true. But the left's total abuse of truth in the media in the past has me questioning this.
Well yes, I would assume the story would be similar. That’s kind of how this thing works.

The story I linked references the Indy Star as well.

I guess the real story here is that since abortion is banned in Ohio now, rapes don’t happen anymore either?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I guess the real story here is that since abortion is banned in Ohio now, rapes don’t happen anymore either?

Ohioan's have determined their law. If enough don't like it, they will change it soon.

In the meantime, I am sure health professionals will suggest options like plan B for their patients.

But as far as a "real story", let me know when the alleged rape case reaches the OPD.

Ohioan's have determined their law. If enough don't like it, they will change it soon.

In the meantime, I am sure health professionals will suggest options like plan B for their patients.

But as far as a "real story", let me know when the alleged rape case reaches the OPD.
Better yet, why don’t you let me know when it’s not true since you’re the one making that claim.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Timing is suspicious.

I rather doubt that the doctor would destroy her reputation by reporting a false story??? Also, I think the child has to be protected so I understand not releasing more information although I too, would like to know if the rapist has been arrested.

I rather doubt that the doctor would destroy her reputation by reporting a false story??? Also, I think the child has to be protected so I understand not releasing more information although I too, would like to know if the rapist has been arrested.
Yeah, I've become far to cynical anymore. There are just to many people who lack prudent boundaries when it comes to pushing an agenda. Anything that can advance their cause is justified in their minds.

So unfortunately, you have to question everything anymore. That's just the sad world we live in now.

According to the Pew Research Center, “about six-in-ten Americans say abortion should be legal in all or most cases.” “37% think abortion should be illegal in all or most cases”. (Pewresearch.org). I think 37% is a lot but I guess it is relative.
Pew is a very good source for sure. That said, In this case lumping “in all or most” numbers together distorts the data greatly. This SCOTUS ruling doesn’t make abortion illegal. All of this rhetoric about making It and other things illegal is BS. The states will decide and their laws will tested and modified. It will take time. Women should use birth control and men should too. I think this poll gives a better picture.

Last edited:
Without knowing the full story, isn't it also plausible she didn't tell anyone right away?
At which point it would likely have been too late to perform a conclusive rape or pregnancy test. Since they were performed that scenario is unlikely.

Better yet, why don’t you let me know when it’s not true since you’re the one making that claim.

Possibly true?......
After researching the story 2 men have recently been convicted of raping 10 year olds in Ravenna, Ohio. Thus it is not definite, but stands to reason that this possibly is a true story. That is if a 10 year old could get pregnant?

Still, I have been conditioned to not believe leftist media stories.....thus it is still continues to be prudent to be always sceptical given the leftist media history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilermaker03
What is it that "begins" in your view?

A return to the way it was before Roe v Wade. I hope I am wrong!

That is a rediculous take if you are referring to Amerca as a whole for 3 reasons...

One, the population centers of the NEast & West coast have little to any abortion restrictions. Other than TX & FL that is a huge chunk of American population where killing babies is legal.

Two, new medical pharmaceutical technology like the PlanB pill for example, has rendered much of this moot.

Three, even if one is in a state with restrictions, most of the country is a few hour drive away from a state that likes to kill babies.

Thus, the handringing by the.left in much of the country is a bit missplaced.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT