ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA STARTING QUARTERBACK OUT FOR SEASON - BREAK FOR PURDUE

Sep 27, 2009
Saw yesterday that Iowa's starting quarterback was hurt in the Michigan State game and will be out the rest of the season. I hate for anyone to get hurt, but this should be a break for Purdue, and may account for the spread only being 2.5 points!

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Saw yesterday that Iowa's starting quarterback was hurt in the Michigan State game and will be out the rest of the season. I hate for anyone to get hurt, but this should be a break for Purdue, and may account for the spread only being 2.5 points!
It opened at 4, which I thought was already low, was expecting 6.5. Then dropped to 2.5 on the McNamara news. I still tend to think it's too low.

Ferentz will be happy to have a 10-9 score. He's going to try the Wisconsin playbook and just lean on the run game hoping it wears down Purdue in the 2nd half.
With Walters calling the D, will be interesting to see what he comes up with for the backup QB.

Let’s see…

Gary Godsey
Rocky Lombardi

Who am I missing ?
Lombardi, for sure. He carved up Purdue. But I don't remember Godsey doing that much. Purdue had all kinds of problems on special teams, and Brees had a so-so game--if I recall. That was I South Bend during Purdue's Rose Bowl run, correct?

McNamara wasn't even playing well so not much of a drop-off if any at all. Iowa's two good RBs are still out and their OL has been average at best. I think Purdue is a better team if your defense shows up and plays at least decent.

• Haha
Reactions: GolfHacker1
Lombardi, for sure. He carved up Purdue. But I don't remember Godsey doing that much. Purdue had all kinds of problems on special teams, and Brees had a so-so game--if I recall. That was I South Bend during Purdue's Rose Bowl run, correct?
he did enough to drive them down the field for a last minute TD. He was a backup TE that started that game, if I recall we made him look pretty good.

Ferentz will be happy to have a 10-9 score. He's going to try the Wisconsin playbook and just lean on the run game hoping it wears down Purdue in the 2nd half.
With Walters calling the D, will be interesting to see what he comes up with for the backup QB.
lots of runs w/ passes to the TE (All) big transfer from Mich sprinkled in

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT