ADVERTISEMENT

Hoosier Board

Well, besides grim, there are some that may be delusional!!

Postgame Wrap-up: Kyler and Keegan discuss Indiana's win over Northwestern​

l66pfpiursus1m7cqipa

Keegan Nickoson • TheHoosier
Staff Writer
@Knickoson42

IU MBB has some key players injured and not playing. That is enough to throw many teams into a tailspin. Tough situation for a coach whose fan base expects instant miracles and easy glory.

Go Purdue!
CoBo
Their fans still think we are in the 1970s and 80s.

Their fans still think we are in the 1970s and 80s.

Their fans are just huge basketball fans, they naturally care a lot, the problem being that while Purdue attracts the cooler heads in the state, IU seemingly attracts the hot head, blow hard, ego maniac types, and of course all the rural folks who don't hold back. The RMK legacy is a true faustian bargain.

IU MBB has some key players injured and not playing. That is enough to throw many teams into a tailspin. Tough situation for a coach whose fan base expects instant miracles and easy glory.

Go Purdue!
CoBo

I think losing decisively to NW at Assembly Hall is too much for them to take, injuries or no.

Reactions: pboiler18
The BIG is tough. No weak sisters anymore. IU has some significant injury issues, and was not nearly as deep as they believed Just because you got the whole team back from last year… they were still the ninth place team. Why would you expect better results? The only counter that made sense is that the new guys like Hood-Shuffle Foot was going to take them to the front of the pack and correct all the short comings from the previous year. I think we learned from our experience last year that a single player, even a lottery pick, can’t do it alone.

The BIG is tough. No weak sisters anymore. IU has some significant injury issues, and was not nearly as deep as they believed Just because you got the whole team back from last year… they were still the ninth place team. Why would you expect better results? The only counter that made sense is that the new guys like Hood-Shuffle Foot was going to take them to the front of the pack and correct all the short comings from the previous year. I think we learned from our experience last year that a single player, even a lottery pick, can’t do it alone.
Hood Schifino is a really good freshman point guard, but Braden Smith is better.

IU will bring Woodson back unless he leaves on his own. Next year might be challenging for them unless Hood Scafino returns, there’s a chance TJD tries to earn another million by returning, we’ll see, I’m seeing his name on draft boards.

I suspect he will be coaching again someplace in the next year or two. Maybe we hope Woodson does just good enough for a couple of years?
Doubt they get rid of Woody until end of next year. They spent way too much firing Archie and hiring him and this would make them seem increasingly incompetent.

I am sure the pressure will ramp up if this collapse continues but not enough to fire him.

Their fans are just huge basketball fans, they naturally care a lot, the problem being that while Purdue attracts the cooler heads in the state, IU seemingly attracts the hot head, blow hard, ego maniac types, and of course all the rural folks who don't hold back. The RMK legacy is a true faustian bargain.
ummmm, only one of us is a land grant college?

Yea we are pissed and disappointed. And rightfully so. I don't see us having a chance for a win until Minnesota. Will be 1-7 by then.

• Love
Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Yea we are pissed and disappointed. And rightfully so. I don't see us having a chance for a win until Minnesota. Will be 1-7 by then.

I dont get why you hired Woody, thatcwas never gonna work.

IU has to get back to basics, the Purdue approach, they can't just buy their way back to greatness. Just focus on playing good basketball and stop trying to win nattys. There are no shortcuts

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT