ADVERTISEMENT

Hard to believe!

z_one

True Freshman
Dec 27, 2007
Looking through the team info during a discussion and was reminded that Hazel had quarterbacks Danny Etling, Austin Appleby, David Blough, and Elijah Sindelar in his tenure at Purdue and couldn't put together a winning season!

• Wow
Reactions: drewjin
Looking through the team info during a discussion and was reminded that Hazel had quarterbacks Danny Etling, Austin Appleby, David Blough, and Elijah Sindelar in his tenure at Purdue and couldn't put together a winning season!
Anybody that watched him coach during his tenure at Purdue would not be surprised.

Reactions: z_one
Wow! Maybe you need more than a half dozen good players to win in the B1G! Who knew??
Fair point. But it also speaks to the staff's inability to develop talent while the program was in the Haze. They did very little with Mostert for three years. (Or was he one that had problems with fumbles early on?)

don't care to remember those years but I'm sure we had a bad OL as mostly usual.
That's part of my point. We had some decent talent at the skill positions, but we still couldn't do anything.

Not that Hazell knew how to use players like Mostert anyway.

Wow! Maybe you need more than a half dozen good players to win in the B1G! Who knew??
Apparently you didn't know. You think Brohm did it all on his own in 2017. The players left by the Haze were all trash according to you. 1-8 is all you need to know, right? You'd make a hell of a recruiter for IU. LOL

Apparently you didn't know. You think Brohm did it all on his own in 2017. The players left by the Haze were all trash according to you. 1-8 is all you need to know, right? You'd make a hell of a recruiter for IU. LOL
So you admit Brohm didn’t inherit a good roster. You’re making progress.

Reactions: BoilerAlumni12
You'd have to be right to win and you're not. No quit here. Just keep posting your 1-8 like it really means something. It only means something to you. No one else cares. 1-8 LOL
My guy. Everyone thinks your wrong. I admire your tenacity to stick with your dumb beliefs but let's give it a rest.

My guy. Everyone thinks your wrong. I admire your tenacity to stick with your dumb beliefs but let's give it a rest.
So what you are saying is that Hazel was a good coach?! I started this thread showing that Hazel sucked as a coach. Showing that he had some good talent and in some cases great talent and wasn't able to do anything with it. Congrats on not even knowing what the original posting was about.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that Hazel was a good coach?! I started this thread showing that Hazel sucked as a coach. Showing that he had some good talent and in some cases great talent and wasn't able to do anything with it. Congrats on not even knowing what the original posting was about. Dipshit.
Ahh nice insults. You have one of the dumbest takes that Hazel left more talent than Brohm left. Own up to it.

Lets go back to On3 so you can spew what they spew. I'm on there too listening to a majority of idiot takes from people who think they know anything about football because they played in peewee youth football when they were 6.

Reactions: pboiler18
Ahh nice insults. You have one of the dumbest takes that Hazel left more talent than Brohm left. Own up to it.

Lets go back to On3 so you can spew what they spew. I'm on there too listening to a majority of idiot takes from people who think they know anything about football because they played in peewee youth football when they were 6.
I never said that once. I have said that the talent levels were closer than people thought they were and they were. Brohm inherited some quality players in key positions. You disagree. Looking at what those players accomplished for Brohm and what they did afterward it is hard to argue otherwise. You want to say they were all trash and that Brohm left Walters with gobs of talent. That just isn't true no matter how much you want your narrative to carry the day. You don't like it? Fine. You trashed a thread that has nothing to do with such a comparison and then start with the 6th grade insults. You hate Walters. You have made your point abundantly clear even though you have not proven anything.

Last edited:
Hard to believe how stupid you really are. I never said that once. I have said that the talent levels were closer than people thought they were and they were. Brohm inherited some quality players in key positions. You and your Pal disagree. Looking at what those players accomplished for Brohm and what they did afterward it is hard to argue otherwise. You want to say they were all trash and that Brohm left Walters with gobs of talent. That just isn't true no matter how much you want your narrative to carry the day. You don't like it? Fine. You trashed a thread that has nothing to do with such a comparison and then start with the 6th grade insults. You hate Walters. You have made your point abundantly clear even though you have not proven anything other than you are an ass.
hey guys, let's give it a rest, it's sunday morning after a full day of college football and this is all we got. There's plenty of other stuff to talk about

Name calling means you lost. But you’re obviously used to that.
What did I lose? LOL You crack me up! Calling people stupid isn't name calling? Who knew? You and your friend can't even stay on topic. There was nothing to lose in this thread. It was merely a discussion about the players Haze had and how he squandered the use of them. Whatever you thought you or he won you lost because you made no point and weren't even on topic. Did you get your 1-8 tattoo yet? LOL

Sure it does. Means you need 30-40 good players and good coaching to win in the B1G.
Amazing that ONE player, according to YOU, was responsible for the Patriots dynasty. Maybe you should change your name to FLIPPER. LOL

Last edited:
Amazing that ONE player, according to YOU, was responsible for the Patriots dynasty. Maybe you should change your name to FLIPPER. LOL
What did I lose? LOL You crack me up! Calling people stupid isn't name calling? Who knew? You and your friend can't even stay on topic. There was nothing to lose in this thread. It was merely a discussion about the players Haze had and how he squandered the use of them. Whatever you thought you or he won you lost because you made no point and weren't even on topic. Did you get your 1-8 tattoo yet? LOL
You were wrong about:

the 2000 Purdue team having more NFL players than the OSU team.

Walters inheriting a worse program than the 1-8 disaster that Brohm inherited.

You were wrong about:

the 2000 Purdue team having more NFL players than the OSU team.

Walters inheriting a worse program than the 1-8 disaster that Brohm inherited.
I never said that Walters inherited a worse program. That was what you claimed I said. I got one thing wrong(OSU) and you got 5 wrong at least. 1) all of Haze's recruits were no good 2) Brohm left a stable full of talent for Walters 3) a handful of decent players couldn't make a difference 4) you need AT Least 30-40 good players and a good coach to win in the Big Ten 4) one player, a quarterback, was the reason for the patriots dynasty. 5) many players from the 2019 team were on the current team(there are 4 out of 26 recruits still on the team)
So you have played your game and LOST. You said that it took 30-40 good players and good coach to win in the Big Ten but it only took one player to build a dynasty. You dismissed the FACT that Brohm STARTED with 2(two) starting level quarterbacks, one that is playing in the NFL versus Walters having none. In other words, your comments are not serious and shouldn't be taken as such. You got lucky with one look up on Wikipedia and have been a complete joke on everything else FLIPPER. LOL

Last edited:
I never said that Walters inherited a worse program. That was what you claimed I said. I got one thing wrong(OSU) and you got 5 wrong at least. 1) all of Haze's recruits were no good 2) Brohm left a stable full of talent for Walters 3) a handful of decent players couldn't make a difference 4) you need AT Least 30-40 good players and a good coach to win in the Big Ten 4) one player, a quarterback, was the reason for the patriots dynasty. 5) many players from the 2019 team were on the current team(there are 4 out of 26 recruits still on the team)
So you have played your game and LOST. You said that it took 30-40 good players and good coach to win in the Big Ten but it only took one player to build a dynasty. You dismissed the FACT that Brohm STARTED with 2(two) starting level quarterbacks, one that is playing in the NFL versus Walters having none. In other words, your comments are not serious and shouldn't be taken as such. You got lucky with one look up on Wikipedia and have been a complete joke on everything else FLIPPER. LOL
I didn’t say any of that, except for the 30-40 good players required, which is true.

Brohm inherited 2 quarterbacks that were 1-8.

• Haha
I didn’t say any of that, except for the 30-40 good players required, which is true.

Brohm inherited 2 quarterbacks that were 1-8.
Sure you did. You are willing to lie to cover yourself? Sheesh. You already have no credibility. You never said that the players were no good? You never said that the Patriots dynasty was built on one player? You never said a handful of players wouldn't make a difference? LOL I guess you don't know what you have posted. I could link to all of your bizarre comments, but no one really cares what you posted so why bother? Have a nice day in fantasy land! LOL

Last edited:
Sure you did. You are willing to lie to cover yourself? Sheesh. You already have no credibility. You never said that the players were no good? You never said that the Patriots dynasty was built on one player? You never said a handful of players wouldn't make a difference? LOL I guess you don't know what you have posted. I could link to all of your bizarre comments, but no one really cares what you posted so why bother? Have a nice day in fantasy land! LOL
Nice try. Never said any of that.

Getting quarterbacks thru the portal is iffy. Many other teams have the same problem. When it works it’s great. When it doesn’t well you know

Go skill position by skill position:

QB is playing in the NFL, TE is playing in the NFL, LB is playing in the NFL, plus more reliable receivers, running backs who don't fumble twice as much as they score touchdowns...

Give me Blough over Card, Knox and Jones over Mockobee and Tracy, Zico and Wright over Burks and Yaseen, most of the defense over what we have now.

Now, does that mean the coaching also hasn't been abysmal? Nope, it has. Would Brohm do a better job? Yep, undoubtedly. Particularly on offense because he's light years ahead of air raid guy in play calling and scheming.

But yeah, at key positions the talent was better in 2017, Hazell was just that bad at coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT