ADVERTISEMENT

GOP tries to buy off Kari Lake

This is the oldest thing in the book and everyone (including Trumpers) does it. Trying to get the candidate you don't want to run to not run by a state or national political committee? Explain to them that there are job opportunities if they drop out?

I mean, what do you think the Trump people did with Vivek, who was bleeding votes away from Trump? Or what Biden did with Buttigieg?

This is so routine; the only one spouting about a price on that audio is Lake, who knows exactly what she's doing because she is the one recording it.

If you somehow think that this is the "swamp" and that Lake is "anti-swamp?" that is incredibly naïve.

This is the oldest thing in the book and everyone (including Trumpers) does it. Trying to get the candidate you don't want to run to not run by a state or national political committee? Explain to them that there are job opportunities if they drop out?

I mean, what do you think the Trump people did with Vivek, who was bleeding votes away from Trump? Or what Biden did with Buttigieg?

This is so routine; the only one spouting about a price on that audio is Lake, who knows exactly what she's doing because she is the one recording it.

If you somehow think that this is the "swamp" and that Lake is "anti-swamp?" that is incredibly naïve.
You of course have proof that they did this with Vivek right? Honestly, I doubt it happened, because Vivek doesn't need the money (same with Trump, which is why the deep state couldn't buy him off).

You of course have proof that they did this with Vivek right? Honestly, I doubt it happened, because Vivek doesn't need the money (same with Trump, which is why the deep state couldn't buy him off).
You're joking, right? The way it works is -
  1. raise a ton of money,
  2. pay friends a relatives out of that campaign cash
  3. tour the country on that money - stay at lots of nice hotels, eat great food, bring lots of friends
  4. raise your profile
  5. negotiate dropping out with the opposition that is leading
  6. get reward
Do you think it is a great coincidence that Tim Scott, Burgam, and Vivek were in New Hampshire sucking up to Trump? They negotiated dropping out with their pledge of public appearances, in exchange for jobs and/or future endorsements. And the RNC was likely the negotiating intermediary.

And yes, Vivek needs money. People that have money want lots and lots more. And they want fame and power.

You're joking, right? The way it works is -
  1. raise a ton of money,
  2. pay friends a relatives out of that campaign cash
  3. tour the country on that money - stay at lots of nice hotels, eat great food, bring lots of friends
  4. raise your profile
  5. negotiate dropping out with the opposition that is leading
  6. get reward
Do you think it is a great coincidence that Tim Scott, Burgam, and Vivek were in New Hampshire sucking up to Trump? They negotiated dropping out with their pledge of public appearances, in exchange for jobs and/or future endorsements. And the RNC was likely the negotiating intermediary.
Vivek has spoken highly of Trump all along. I'm not saying it isn't done, I'm just saying I don't think Vivek would.

Vivek has spoken highly of Trump all along. I'm not saying it isn't done, I'm just saying I don't think Vivek would.
Very much agree to disagree.

He spoke highly of Trump all along because of his end game. He always was on team Trump; he showed his value to Trump, raised money and his profile, and made clear the need for him to drop, and then dropped when it was "worth his while." A coincidence that he dropped right before New Hampshire, where he would have leeched votes from Trump and not Haley? Hah--no coincidence.

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Very much agree to disagree.

He spoke highly of Trump all along because of his end game. He always was on team Trump; he showed his value to Trump, raised money and his profile, and made clear the need for him to drop, and then dropped when it was "worth his while." A coincidence that he dropped right before New Hampshire, where he would have leeched votes from Trump and not Haley? Hah--no coincidence.
Ok, yes very much agree to disagree.

Reactions: HoosierfanJM
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT