Ethan Morton

Wasn't one of them from Bossi?
Purdue-Boilermakers_DARK_300.png

Corey Evans
05/07/19 2:29 pm

Purdue-Boilermakers_DARK_300.png

Eric Bossi
05/07/19 4:49 pm

Morton is the only player with crystal ball predictions for Purdue. It's good that there is obviously some interest. I think the need is more for Carlson and Dickinson, but obviously you don't pass up Morton if he wants to play here.

Morton is the only player with crystal ball predictions for Purdue. It's good that there is obviously some interest. I think the need is more for Carlson and Dickinson, but obviously you don't pass up Morton if he wants to play here.

Still one more scholly left for one of those two. I think Ivey and Morton will fit together perfectly. Trying not to get too excited. He is a perfect Purdue fit.

He (Butler, PA) is not too far from Archie’s hometown of Beaver Falls.

It really looks as though he will be commiting to Purdue, I've heard of him, but I just assumed he would play that same song and dance like highly ranked recruits do and wait until the last possible moment to commit. Props to this guy, whether he goes to Purdue or IU. Correction nvm going to IU would be a mistake.

24/7 is all over the board with describing him. they list him as a 6'4 Sf and then as part of his description list him as a 6'1 PG.

Any idea as to what position painter sees him as playing?

Reactions: drewjin and djd
He looks like a pervert...stalking Romeo last year everywhere he went in high school. Archie is thinking can I come into the locker room and take pics of you?

He’s definitely a child molester

Taken as a given that every fan base has their share, allowing this kind of stuff is completely low-class. Not an attempt at humor - just kinda ridiculous and pathetic.

When your team is about to land a high-level basketball player, it's also diverting a thread about Purdue basketball into a sad, sad place. Any mods on this board?

Last edited:
Still one more scholly left for one of those two. I think Ivey and Morton will fit together perfectly. Trying not to get too excited. He is a perfect Purdue fit.
Is he the iu coach who was tweeting directly to players and saying "I've been thinking about you......A LOT"
Dude is totally weird, creepy and probably needs to register on a list somewhere.

That was crean. That is over the line though. No reason to derail an overly positive thread with lowbrow attempts at humor

Last edited:
6-5 point guard who can shoot. A mix of Cline and Mathias with good handles.

Back to your basketball discussion:

From what I've learned about Morton, he is nothing like Cline or Mathias.

• He is an over-sized point guard with tremendous vision, excellent leadership skills, and a knack for making the right play.
  • His weaknesses are athleticism and his outside shot. In two years and 22 total AAU games, he is 33.6% fg and 26% 3 pt fg.
  • Very good assist/to %

Back to your basketball discussion:

From what I've learned about Morton, he is nothing like Cline or Mathias.

• He is an over-sized point guard with tremendous vision, excellent leadership skills, and a knack for making the right play.
  • His weaknesses are athleticism and his outside shot. In two years and 22 total AAU games, he is 33.6% fg and 26% 3 pt fg.
  • Very good assist/to %
Thats surprising that his rank is 41 with not very efficient shooting numbers. I sae his high school numbers were something like 27,9 assists10 rpg

Thats surprising that his rank is 41 with not very efficient shooting numbers. I sae his high school numbers were something like 27,9 assists10 rpg

He's not playing in a super-high end high school basketball area. I'm not seeing him as an instant-impact guy commensurate with his ranking, but he has a very 'high floor' because of his intangibles. Seems like he's the Pittsburgh area local do-it-all high school legend in the making, and at 6'5".

However, he averaged about 5 ppg in 18 high-level AAU games last year, and is only up to 7 ppg on 25% fg and 1-9 3pt in 30mpg through four AAU games this year. Guessing that he'll need to show some progress on offense to keep something resembling his current ranking.

24/7 is all over the board with describing him. they list him as a 6'4 Sf and then as part of his description list him as a 6'1 PG.

Any idea as to what position painter sees him as playing?
Yeah that’s a case of not caring becuase his sophomore season he was a 6’1 PG but fast forward through a growth spurt and he is 6’4 and can play 1-3. Plays like a true point that can absolutely stroke it but he is pass first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT