ADVERTISEMENT

<Elite 8> Purdue vs Virginia: Predictions & Game Thread

Played their ass off and shoulda had that game in the bag! But those refs made some iffy no calls that killed us in the end!
Granted they made shots too but shit, how can you allow them to push off, smack and set illegal screens for open 3s all game and never get called for anything.

Best NCAA tourney game ive seen in a while. Dont be too hard on Cline, would not have been in this game without him
the guy is a senior, it was like he was a non factor and after his first 2 3's he disappeared. Then he can't make 2 FT's, that's why we lost. Love the kid but facts are facts.

Played their ass off and shoulda had that game in the bag! But those refs made some iffy no calls that killed us in the end!
Granted they made shots too but shit, how can you allow them to push off, smack and set illegal screens for open 3s all game and never get called for anything.
We have had to beat the referees all season long. It’s just part of the game, if we box out and rebound we win by 10 points. 15 offense of rebounds isn’t going to get it done. But so proud of these guys!

Really, that's the play that you want to call someone out on?
Shit.

It’s not a call out. People were emphatic about it in the moment. It was a critical play and the clear best personnel was not in.

Just stick the big man on diakite on the block instead of Eifert to block him out.

Doesn’t take away from a great game and effort. That play stuck out though.

Really, that's the play that you want to call someone out on?
Shit.

Actually, he's right. If we would have blocked out and rebounded that, game was over. Painter did a great job in this game. So I'm not going to be critical of him.

I've been loving the locker room celebrations after each of the wins so far, but that's a scene I don't want to see tonight. Those kids left it all out on the line tonight & I don't want to see them hurting. Wish they could have been the ones to breakthrough to the F4, but they gave us a great tourney run. So proud of their effort & ability to overachieve all season long. Thanks, Boilermakers!

Virginia rebounded better...………..that's all I'll give them. Despite the huge PU crowd I thought Virginia got some of the calls...…..the out of bounds especially...…..I don't think I've ever seen PU get screwed so many times...….but have to hand it to Virginia for taking the opportunities given them

Reactions: purduepat1969
Virginia rebounded better...………..that's all I'll give them. Despite the huge PU crowd I thought Virginia got some of the calls...…..the out of bounds especially...…..I don't if I've ever seen PU get screwed so many times...….but have to hand it to Virginia for taking the opportunities given them

They took advantage of their breaks. And they killed us on the boards.

Already sick of the Tony Bennett story line. Please, I’m much more impressed with a guy like Painter who has forged a career without having his dad pave the way for him.

Reactions: Augie85
yea that blond guy was a better football player than basketball. their other game he was mugging the other team with no calls.. head butted one guy if i recall
They took advantage of their breaks. And they killed us on the boards.
killed several areas but no foul called

the guy is a senior, it was like he was a non factor and after his first 2 3's he disappeared. Then he can't make 2 FT's, that's why we lost. Love the kid but facts are facts.

He made some mistakes, but if it weren't for him, the team wouldn't have beaten Tennessee. As deflating as this loss is, I can't be too negative, because these guys left everything on the court. Despite all the mistakes that we might point out, they still basically only lost on the basketball equivalent of a Hail Mary.

Reactions: purduepat1969
It’s not a call out. People were emphatic about it in the moment. It was a critical play and the clear best personnel was not in.

Just stick the big man on diakite on the block instead of Eifert to block him out.

Doesn’t take away from a great game and effort. That play stuck out though.
You know, I have no clue who you are, but it sure would be nice if you had half the class of this team and Matt Painter.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
He made some mistakes, but if it weren't for him, the team wouldn't have beaten Tennessee. As deflating as this loss is, I can't be too negative, because these guys left everything on the court. Despite all the mistakes that we might point out, they still basically only lost on the basketball equivalent of a Hail Mary.
I agree he won the Tenn game for us, but that's the thing, he's such a great shooter, it's hard to believe he missed the FT. He's a guy I want there but just saying a made FT and the game's over.

I agree he won the Tenn game for us, but that's the thing, he's such a great shooter, it's hard to believe he missed the FT. He's a guy I want there but just saying a made FT and the game's over.
Nojel missed a free throw. Carson missed one or two. Ryan missed one. I believe Hunter did the same. They make any of those...Nojel's or Matt's....and Ryan's doesn't matter does it.

MN Gopher fan here. I love Painter. You guys have the best, classiest coach in the Big Ten. I was pulling hard for your team, it felt like they were my squad. Very disappointed for you. My empathy is strong.

Three things:
1) It was 8 on 5. Purdue had to deal with an ACC team and the ACC protectors (refs). The shove no call might be one of the worst referee moments ive ever seen.
2) As much as I love Painter, he deserves some grief for not having Wiliams in there instead of Eifert for that final, missed on purpose free throw.
3) Purdue needed to rely less on Edwards lase in the game

Just got back home from the Yum Center. What can you say, our crowd was incredible tonight (technically morning now). Carsen was geat. Virginia got too many second chance points, some by the bouncing of the ball in their favor and some by the officials.

It was a great season and surpassed the majority of fans’ expectations. Wish we could have broke the FF curse, but it was not meant to be. I am sure the trolls will be all over this board, so I will be over on the football side to avoid them for a few days. It was fun again this year with the basketball game discussions with the loyal posters on this board. We will have next season to do it again.

Planning on being at the Spring game next Saturday. Maybe will see a few of you there. Boiler Up!

enough with the cherry picking on Carsen, it would be nice if someone else could score, he's the reason we were there and had 42 points. Good Grief Cline missed a FT, Game over.

.?????? I was sticking up for Carsen.... Sorry is that wasn’t clear. I just wanted to praise him before the Haters hit the Board. And I would never have singled out any of this team to blame. This was an incredible run for a team no one expected to be here . A Purdue team for the Legends.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT