ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright is really good

Apr 1, 2019
He can really break the game down for dummies like me. Plus, as a former NC winning coach, he has great insight into what coaches and teams go through. Loved his point about the peace you experience once you know you’re playing on Monday night. It’s one opponent, and you’ve done all you can do except play the game.
So looking forward to Monday night. Hoping for the best, but at peace knowing this Purdue team has had the most successful season in Purdue history regardless of outcome. Maybe Paint will get a recruiting bounce from this, too.
Hail Purdue!

He can really break the game down for dummies like me. Plus, as a former NC winning coach, he has great insight into what coaches and teams go through. Loved his point about the peace you experience once you know you’re playing on Monday night. It’s one opponent, and you’ve done all you can do except play the game.
So looking forward to Monday night. Hoping for the best, but at peace knowing this Purdue team has had the most successful season in Purdue history regardless of outcome. Maybe Paint will get a recruiting bounce from this, too.
Hail Purdue!
He is the best. Just a wise human being.

Not arrogant, doesn’t unnecessarily talk about himself. We need more humans like Jay Wright.

Huge breakthrough for the program. Now that it's down to one game, two potential opponents I like our chances. Painter has been really good this season, lots of weapons on the bench. I hate to say it, but I like our chances vs UCONN better than Alabama. I'm intrigued by the potential Edey vs Klingan matchup.

Huge breakthrough for the program. Now that it's down to one game, two potential opponents I like our chances. Painter has been really good this season, lots of weapons on the bench. I hate to say it, but I like our chances vs UCONN better than Alabama. I'm intrigued by the potential Edey vs Klingan matchup.
I predicted on here that Bama rolls over UCONN. I'm not a Hurley fan.

Tough call for me. UConn has destroyed everybody in this tournament so far--like, historic beatdowns. But Alabama is a much better team than what we saw in December, too.

I guess we'll just play whoever wins.

Tough call for me. UConn has destroyed everybody in this tournament so far--like, historic beatdowns. But Alabama is a much better team than what we saw in December, too.

I guess we'll just play whoever wins.
Bamas 3 point shooting versus our defense was rough the first game, could be a lot worse in round 2. Might not get 20+ from Braden again either. But that was also a Loyer no show game and he hasn’t had those lately.

Reactions: rgarlitz
Bamas 3 point shooting versus our defense was rough the first game, could be a lot worse in round 2. Might not get 20+ from Braden again either. But that was also a Loyer no show game and he hasn’t had those lately.

Bama put it on us in game 1. They were up big in H2. Took a furious comeback & think their was a T on AL coach? late to win in last 8-9 minutes. They are a tough match up for anyone as is UConn

Agreed. Dont think any of us will be shell shocked or heart broken with a loss Monday. I cried with the elite 8 win to get to the final 4. No tears today. Just excitement.

AS weird as it sounds, the elite 8 win against tenn was THE win. It was the curse breaker. The monkey off the back. The program validating amd defining win.

The rest is icing. Nothing to lose Monday. No nerves, no pressure. Go ****ing have fun and play your ass off and go win a championship, if not, make sure you gave it your all. This is already maybe the most legendary purdue team ever with the curse breaking they did amd coming from what happened last year.

Reactions: wallyboiler79
I'm watching UCONN-Alabama and can't figure out who I want Purdue to play. I would think Edey would win his match up with either team. Alabama reminds me of a Northwestern or Nebraska type team, really don't want to do that again. On the other hand UCONN is programmed to win.

Reactions: Schmedly_Whiplash
Hail Purdue!
You know who else is spot on with his analysis? Seth Greenburg. I don't always agree with him, but man that guy knows basketball. He doesn't always fall for repeating the trendy opinion. FWIW, he seems pretty confident that Purdue has a good chance to control the game against UConn.

I saw a Rose Bowl and I will see a national championship game now! I'm so glad other guys are better than me at sports so I can live vicariously through them!

Great times & fond memories.

You wouldn't know it to look at me or my brother, but in the day, we were quite the athletes. We all get old, and yes it good to have the next generation of athletes to marvel at.....but it's ohh so sweet when they are Boilermakers!!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT