ADVERTISEMENT

EDEY Offered

Looks like he reclassified to 2020. Can't find much info on him. Rivals doesn't list him with a Purdue offer. Just Minnesota, WKU, Tulane and Baylor.

Reactions: johnwooden1932
I guess at this point I'm surprised at that. If Dickinson is in fact off the radar, I would think we'd save it for 2021 being in on upwards of 10 Top 100 guys at the moment. Unless CMP knows something we don't.

Probably that one of the 3 bigs that would take a scholarship in 2021 won't be on the roster.

I am not convinced that signing him is a good idea. However, MP has done a pretty good job of constructing a roster so I have to grant the benefit of the doubt to this move. If Edey is smart, Purdue looks much better for him than the listed competition.

Hmmmmm, no info on him anywhere. Wasn't Kiyron Powell 3-star from IN practically begging for a Purdue offer? Would've preferred him.

Santa Clara and Seton Hall also offered.

Florida St & TCU too per rivals article from 8 days ago: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/evans-takeaways-prospects-that-shined-at-hoop-exchange

"Reclassifying into the 2020 class earlier this summer, Edey does need the right system and scheme to flourish in college. There is one thing that you cannot teach and that is size, which is something that he has a lot of. The IMG product is a space eater at its finest but also is rather skilled from 10-feet and in. He has decent mobility for how big he is and is great at sealing his man in the low post and out top as a screen setter. Edey displayed great hands and the ability to finish around the rim.

Due to an already depleted crop of centers in the 2020 class, expect for plenty of newcomers to enter his recruitment. Purdue will be in for him on Tuesday, and Edey’s offer list already includes Florida State, Minnesota, Seton Hall, TCU and USF."

this name was mentioned before. I found an article about him that looked very familiar. Painter has been scouting him. he's been playing AAU and also Canada team U16 and U 17 basketball. He's listed as one of Canada's top 5 players for 2021. An article also indicated he only started playing basketball in October, 2017. he also plays baseball and hockey. he has a wing span of 7'7.

I repeat, he started playing basketball in October, 2017. He's made great progress.

this name was mentioned before. I found an article about him that looked very familiar. Painter has been scouting him. he's been playing AAU and also Canada team U16 and U 17 basketball. He's listed as one of Canada's top 5 players for 2021. An article also indicated he only started playing basketball in October, 2017. he also plays baseball and hockey. he has a wing span of 7'7.

I repeat, he started playing basketball in October, 2017. He's made great progress.
Could this be Haarms 2.0?

He just started playing basketball sounds like another project. Just bank the scholarship That would be 2 Projects on this team that's too many. One is too many Projects should be For teams like ball state , Indiana state, Indiana,.

Reactions: koonjs01
He may be a project, but he was listed among the top 5 Canadian prospects for 2021. and he is a rivals 3 star and he was playing AAU and IMG Academy, and the Canadian National teams. So, he has potential.

he's 7'3 and 245 with a wingspan of 7'7. he's not known for his rebounding, outside shot or shot blocking.

And he is young for his class.

And his recruiting is picking up fast among some decent teams, so coaches must like him.

He just started playing basketball sounds like another project. Just bank the scholarship That would be 2 Projects on this team that's too many. One is too many Projects should be For teams like ball state , Indiana state, Indiana,.

Two projects in three years? Seems like the right spacing to me, particularly if you have a ‘get old and stay old’ philosophy.

I believe he’d be a rs sophomore when Dow is a senior and Tre has just graduated. So barring other recruits he starts logging real minutes as a rs sophomore and starts as a junior. If Dow doesn’t pan out he redshirts next year and backs up Tre the following year.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Florida St & TCU too per rivals article from 8 days ago: https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/evans-takeaways-prospects-that-shined-at-hoop-exchange

"Reclassifying into the 2020 class earlier this summer, Edey does need the right system and scheme to flourish in college. There is one thing that you cannot teach and that is size, which is something that he has a lot of. The IMG product is a space eater at its finest but also is rather skilled from 10-feet and in. He has decent mobility for how big he is and is great at sealing his man in the low post and out top as a screen setter. Edey displayed great hands and the ability to finish around the rim.

Due to an already depleted crop of centers in the 2020 class, expect for plenty of newcomers to enter his recruitment. Purdue will be in for him on Tuesday, and Edey’s offer list already includes Florida State, Minnesota, Seton Hall, TCU and USF."

Purdue has alot of ground to catch up on if they seriously want this kid....and they do. MN has really put the time in for one, and alot of good other competition for him. I would think even with the CMP visit and offer that this is nothing to worry about UNLESS CMP gets the kid to visit.

I support painter but I hate it when we miss out on Recruits and then he reaches.
He may be a project, but he was listed among the top 5 Canadian prospects for 2021. and he is a rivals 3 star and he was playing AAU and IMG Academy, and the Canadian National teams. So, he has potential.

he's 7'3 and 245 with a wingspan of 7'7. he's not known for his rebounding, outside shot or shot blocking.

And he is young for his class.

And his recruiting is picking up fast among some decent teams, so coaches must like him.
So hes not known for anything that a big man is known for and you want to offer him a scholarship. I say save it

I support painter but I hate it when we miss out on Recruits and then he reaches.

So hes not known for anything that a big man is known for and you want to offer him a scholarship. I say save it

So if CMP is reaching....I guess alot other coaches are too......he's not reaching.

But like I said above, nothing to worry about until we see if the kid even visits here.

I guess at this point I'm surprised at that. If Dickinson is in fact off the radar, I would think we'd save it for 2021 being in on upwards of 10 Top 100 guys at the moment. Unless CMP knows something we don't.

I think that Old 23 has been around here a lot, but has been quiet. And he probably has a good reason.

Two projects in three years? Seems like the right spacing to me, particularly if you have a ‘get old and stay old’ philosophy.

I believe he’d be a rs sophomore when Dow is a senior and Tre has just graduated. So barring other recruits he starts logging real minutes as a rs sophomore and starts as a junior. If Dow doesn’t pan out he redshirts next year and backs up Tre the following year.
That was my thinking, too. It won't be 2 freshmen projects.

Yeah, just like 3 years ago when he missed on some bigs and then had to reach on some 7’-3” Dutch kid.

You’re just not any good at this. But you’re probably accustomed to that, aren’t you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT