ADVERTISEMENT

Does the Coronavirus concern you?

It makes the coronavirus even scarier when you remember that Trump fired the entire pandemic response [An Obama legacy] team two years ago and did not replace them.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/02/trump-has-already-hamstrung-the-us-coronavirus-response

This is such fake ****ing news its nauseating.

Trump didn't fire anyone. The director resigned when his division had completed its task - ebola. Bolton was appointed and made the decision to realign some existing projects. Many on his team were reassigned, Zeimer decided to resign - a popular anti-Trump move as we have seen.. There was a $250M surplus that was redirected to CV.

In 2018 the administration established a National Bio-defense Strategy.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/National-Biodefense-Strategy.pdf

In January Trump assembled a coronavirus task force.

https://publicpool.kinja.com/subject-statement-from-the-press-secretary-regarding-t-1841341883

Democrats hated the task force. Why? It was too white.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/30/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-diversity-obama/index.html

And, he was over-reacting and racist.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...tions-as-nations-coronavirus-cases-rise-to-11

At the same time, the administration issued a statement, pursuant to the Immigration and Nationality Act, limiting the entry into the US of certain foreign nationals.

January 30th, Azar issued a nationwide public health emergency.

January 31st, Task Force held a presser

February 2, those measure were increased. Any U.S. citizen returning to the United States who was in the rest of Mainland China within the previous 14 days was put through proactive entry health screening at a select number of ports of entry, and up to 14 days of monitored self-quarantine. All foreign nationals, other than U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who traveled in China within the prior 14 days were denied entry into the United States.

In response to these proactive messures, Democrats cried over-reaction and racism again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-p...ina-travel-restrictions-response-coronavirus/

HERE is the SHOT and CHASER. 26 days ago Trump was over-reaticing and racist. Now, he isn't doing enough.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/feb/25/schumer-trump-spar-over-incompetence-coronavirus-f/

Why are Democrats doing this?

Here is another question. How in the ****ing world did Schumer arrive at 8 billion?

You know what is more dangerous than CV, getting between Chuck and a TV camera.

Last edited:
i'm not "you people" no more than you are part of NC NASCAR people
Really? You don't talk about the fake news or the deep state or we're still mad about the election or witch hunts or being tired of winning? You don't think trump's been a victim of unwarranted and unsubstantiated attacks and investigations?

Ok.

Last edited:
When someone labels investigations into Trump as witch hunts

Really? You don't talk about the fake news or the deep state or we're still mad about the election or witch hunts or being tired of winning? You don't think trump's been a victim of unwarranted and unsubstantiated attacks and investigations?

Ok.
WOW!

Wow. Japan just closed their schools for a month.

My concern level is still somewhat low, but announcements like that kick it up a percentage or two.

Same thing happened with SARS years ago.
We'll, this isn't SARS. You did this once before, trying to equate the potential effect between the two.

You act like what turned out to be an overreaction then has something to do with Corona now. Do you think we shouldn't take the appropriate steps now because SARS didn't turn out to be a national crisis? That's what it appears with your comments.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
We'll, this isn't SARS. You did this once before, trying to equate the potential effect between the two.

You act like what turned out to be an overreaction then has something to do with Corona now. Do you think we shouldn't take the appropriate steps now because SARS didn't turn out to be a national crisis? That's what it appears with your comments.

I think like a lot of things in life, people get hysterical for no reason. The media is going to sell the hell out of it because it makes for good tv.
Living in coastal SC, we're at risk for hurricanes every late summer/early fall: Some people see a disturbance form off the coast of Africa and immediately start predicting it's a Cat 5 and headed our way. 99% of the time, that doesn't happen.
If hundreds of thousands of people in the US start getting infected, then I'll start thinking about it. But for right now, my biggest issue with the coronavirus is what it's doing to my investments.
I could be wrong, but I predict by the end of next week, this scare will pretty much be over.

I think like a lot of things in life, people get hysterical for no reason. The media is going to sell the hell out of it because it makes for good tv.
Living in coastal SC, we're at risk for hurricanes every late summer/early fall: Some people see a disturbance form off the coast of Africa and immediately start predicting it's a Cat 5 and headed our way. 99% of the time, that doesn't happen.
If hundreds of thousands of people in the US start getting infected, then I'll start thinking about it. But for right now, my biggest issue with the coronavirus is what it's doing to my investments.
I could be wrong, but I predict by the end of next week, this scare will pretty much be over.
I'm kinda middle of the road between you two. Like you, I am not going to get worked up about it until we start to see some massive levels of outbreaks here (and it may depend upon a more definitive version of "here". 1000 cases in California is not going to scare me, but a 1000 cases in Columbus, OH will).
With respect to SARS though, that outbreak infected 8000 people over the course of 5 months. This sucker has infected 80,000 in about 1 month.

So, I get it, it's still not causing me to go out and buy masks for the family, but I've seen enough to make me keep a closer watch on it now than a few weeks ago. And while I agree that it has certainly taken over the narrative of the news cycle, I don't have a particular problem with people in the government trying to get out in front of this to make sure it doesn't blow up in our faces.

FYI, It is literally SARS CoV-2. SARS CoV was the 2003 strain.

I am completely neutral in regards to the opinions of Ben Shapiro by the way. But of course the New York Times and the snakes in the media can't help themselves.

"If you're feeling awful, you know who to blame." Let's call it Trumpvirus says the NYT.

Reactions: BSIT
" By the end of next week" ??!! TEN days from now ?? "Pretty much over " ??
Screwball City.

Who's getting hysterical?

I'm not on the coast but I live in NC and am exposed to all the hurricane coverage. Yes, people can get pretty worked up.

But the hurricane analogy also works like this. You don't prepare for the forecasted hurricane because the last one turned out to be nothing........so this one won't either. If you wait too long......thinking it will be nothing like the last one, you can get your ass handed to you.
That's what you've been posting......SARS didn't turn out to be serious so why be concerned about Corona?
It's a stupid comparison.
Have you been watching the news today? Do you know your president lied to you in his address the other night about how many were affected in our country?

I'm not on the coast but I live in NC and am exposed to all the hurricane coverage. Yes, people can get pretty worked up.

But the hurricane analogy also works like this. You don't prepare for the forecasted hurricane because the last one turned out to be nothing........so this one won't either. If you wait too long......thinking it will be nothing like the last one, you can get your ass handed to you.
That's what you've been posting......SARS didn't turn out to be serious so why be concerned about Corona?
Have you been watching the news today? Do you know your president lied to you in his address the other night about how many were affected in our country?
Who knows when this ends but it will. In the meantime I’m backing up the truck and buying more stock. The market is oversold and will snap back

Reactions: bonefish1

Actually, the hurricane analogy is very similar: You can see it tracking, sure, if might go one direction or the other, but you can see what the models are predicting. And just like the weather channel sensationalizes the hell out of every named storms (because it keeps people watching and that's how they make money) the national media is doing the same thing.
Now, if there's a 90% chance that a cat 4 or 5 is going to hit you, sure, take action. But until then, it's watchful waiting.

So, how concerned are you? Are you doing anything differently than you were two weeks ago?
Have you stopped going out in public and when you do, you wear a mask?

Watch this. It explains it pretty well.

Reactions: BSIT
Actually, the hurricane analogy is very similar: You can see it tracking, sure, if might go one direction or the other, but you can see what the models are predicting. And just like the weather channel sensationalizes the hell out of every named storms (because it keeps people watching and that's how they make money) the national media is doing the same thing.
Now, if there's a 90% chance that a cat 4 or 5 is going to hit you, sure, take action. But until then, it's watchful waiting.

So, how concerned are you? Are you doing anything differently than you were two weeks ago?
Have you stopped going out in public and when you do, you wear a mask?
I'm doing nothing different. But I'm also not dismissing it out if hand like you are.....or downplaying it's potential like the president.
Like I said, who's hysterical?

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Did you get your feelings hurt ? Poor guy, I'll "unlike" it if you'll cheer up.
Not at all, I just enjoy trying to figure out what goes through the mind of crazy people like you that feel this unending need to be queen of a message board that isn't theirs. The need to have multiple poster names and a really strange buddy (35)that just posts the same exact crap to every person he replies to oblivious to what it is actually about. It's really sad to watch

Not at all, I just enjoy trying to figure out what goes through the mind of crazy people like you that feel this unending need to be queen of a message board that isn't theirs. The need to have multiple poster names and a really strange buddy (35)that just posts the same exact crap to every person he replies to oblivious to what it is actually about. It's really sad to watch
Then don't "watch" it.

Don't put all of your problems on display to the world then. You can't even get out of your own way trying to be cool
This is a small message board forum. The "world" is not watching.
Y'see, those are part of the delusions we see you suffering from.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT