ADVERTISEMENT

Come On Ingram!

Haha this is sort of random. Can't imagine we'll see many recruiting commitments til this virus ordeal has mostly subsided.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-jonathan-kuminga-pitt-lander-nolley

I wrote last week that Harrison Ingram was leaning toward Stanford so what gives with my latest FutureCast selection for Purdue? Well, things remain fluid with the five-star junior and while I do not expect a commitment anytime soon, my informed speculation is that the Boilermakers are in a better spot than previously believed.

Now, that could definitely change between now and his decision. I am expecting Ingram to produce another cut list in the coming days. That might not be a final five but, if I had to guess, Purdue, Stanford, Memphis, North Carolina and Texas A&M will make whatever list he releases.

Ingram is really strong student in the classroom which is why Purdue and Stanford are in a good spot. He is intrigued by the blueblood realm which has led to North Carolina's involvement. Ingram has family in the Memphis area and, lastly, is very good friends with Aggies’ commits Manny Obaseki and Jaxson Robinson.

Others could definitely enter the fray, too, but don’t be surprised that, when it comes time to commit, Ingram is choosing between the Cardinal and Boilermakers.

I need to try this one out with my boss sometime...

I laughed at those same two words. I think the meaning of the word "speculation" precludes it from being informed. What he really means is he's guessing and hoping.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/twitter-tuesday-jonathan-kuminga-pitt-lander-nolley

I wrote last week that Harrison Ingram was leaning toward Stanford so what gives with my latest FutureCast selection for Purdue? Well, things remain fluid with the five-star junior and while I do not expect a commitment anytime soon, my informed speculation is that the Boilermakers are in a better spot than previously believed.

Now, that could definitely change between now and his decision. I am expecting Ingram to produce another cut list in the coming days. That might not be a final five but, if I had to guess, Purdue, Stanford, Memphis, North Carolina and Texas A&M will make whatever list he releases.

Ingram is really strong student in the classroom which is why Purdue and Stanford are in a good spot. He is intrigued by the blueblood realm which has led to North Carolina's involvement. Ingram has family in the Memphis area and, lastly, is very good friends with Aggies’ commits Manny Obaseki and Jaxson Robinson.

Others could definitely enter the fray, too, but don’t be surprised that, when it comes time to commit, Ingram is choosing between the Cardinal and Boilermakers.
reminds me of that one guard we lost out to Stanford on about 10 yrs ago?

Reactions: Poprudy
I need to try this one out with my boss sometime...

I laughed at those same two words. I think the meaning of the word "speculation" precludes it from being informed. What he really means is he's guessing and hoping.

An overabundance of "informed speculation" can lead to a troublesome case of "Broussarditis."

15587146806657.jpg

Not sure how that helps Purdue when they play different positions?

It could if they had a scholarship crunch. If we got a commitment from any other player tomorrow we wouldn't currently have an open scholarship in 2021 for Ingram.

We came in a distant third in the recruiting per this article...no backing off, no knee issues....etc.

https://www.sj-r.com/x1272811928/Rock-Islands-Chasson-Randle-commits-to-Stanford-not-Illini

This never said anything about being a "distant" third. It does say were "considered third" but does not say by whom and this is a paper who primarily covers Illinois

This was ten years ago but if I remember correctly that GBI believed it was between us and Stanford going into the decision.

That said, it doesn't really matter if we were 2nd, 3rd, or 10th.

Stanford picked up 2 SF commitments for their class of 2020. North Carolina has an SF commitment for 2020 and 2021, highly rated. For context only.

This never said anything about being a "distant" third. It does say were "considered third" but does not say by whom and this is a paper who primarily covers Illinois

This was ten years ago but if I remember correctly that GBI believed it was between us and Stanford going into the decision.

That said, it doesn't really matter if we were 2nd, 3rd, or 10th.
Yes "distant" was my best attempt to mimic how today's media portrays anything!

I like our chances here . If your a scorer Jaden Ivey , Ethan Morton and Caleb Furst all are pass first players . Purdue has Matt Painter ( No promises and no lies ) in this case it matters . Painter also has a track record of taking a kid from Texas and OVER achieving with him . I have been tracking his recruitment for sometime . IMO he will chose the best fit IMO that's Purdue .

I like our chances here . If your a scorer Jaden Ivey , Ethan Morton and Caleb Furst all are pass first players . Purdue has Matt Painter ( No promises and no lies ) in this case it matters . Painter also has a track record of taking a kid from Texas and OVER achieving with him . I have been tracking his recruitment for sometime . IMO he will chose the best fit IMO that's Purdue .
If we can land Harrison along with this group. We can have multiple scores from every position on the floor at once. That is very comforting

If we get Kauffman it denies the loosiers. If we get Ingram we get a 5 star. Could we get both to team with Furst? Who knows. But it's something worth promoting considering Ingram is more of a wing. Besides, would he even stay in school more than a year or two? Come on Jaden, Ethan and Caleb: stay on him.

If both those guys wanted to commit I would think painter will find a way to make room.
I agree other than the wording. Painter finding a way indicates some things that I don't think he would do. Although, I do think a schollie would open-up. Dean Koontz is great at making the impossible happen!!!

Hope you are right. We would be fortunate to have him in the black and gold as a Boiler.

I agree other than the wording. Painter finding a way indicates some things that I don't think he would do. Although, I do think a schollie would open-up. Dean Koontz is great at making the impossible happen!!!
That’s crazy about that virus book he wrote!!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Reactions: Zaphod_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT