ADVERTISEMENT

Best PG in the B10?

Tonite Buie might have been the best player in the floor. Played 43 minutes without a turnover. That’s incredible.
He is a low TO player. His perfection tonight speaks to his great play......and unfortunately Purdue's poor D.

Hummel last night said Braden Smith was the best PG in the Big Ten. So best PG Agree - Disagree???

Stats of some of the guys.....
Smith 13 ppg 5.9R 6.7A 1.9St 2.4TO 50%th

McDaniel 18.4,ppg 3.4R 5.6A 1.3st 2.3To. 36%th

Buie 18.5ppg 3R 3A 1.3st 2.7to 40% th

Walker 20.3 ppg 2.8R 2.3A 1.3st 2.4to. 30% th

Young 15.9ppg 2.9R 4.3A 2st 3.1To 34%th

I know I have read here he did not have enough stars, was too small, gets blowed by on D, isn't physical enough to handle bigger guards, etc. so I am sure some of you will disagree with Hummel. I might even disagree, so I think it would be a good discussion......
Boo Buie says hold my beer.

McDaniel today vs Oregon 33 points, 7/10 on threes in regulation, 3A. Guess when you are hitting 70% from 3, why pass?

But had a late game TO which took away a M opportunity for the win.....and ended in an OT loss. Certainly more offensive than Smith. Not close there. But also difference in losses 4 for M ....1 for Purdue.

McDaniel today vs Oregon 33 points, 7/10 on threes in regulation, 3A. Guess when you are hitting 70% from 3, why pass?

But had a late game TO which took away a M opportunity for the win.....and ended in an OT loss. Certainly more offensive than Smith. Not close there. But also difference in losses 4 for M ....1 for Purdue.
I'd put McDaniel as #2

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I'd put McDaniel as #2

Agree with this. Love McDs quickness. It's close against Smith as I think he is the TOP assist man in the B10. Smith @ 3rd is no slight against Smith, who just needs to cut down TOs which are approaching 3 a game. If he can do that, he will move up because of his ability to distribute, control games and WIN.

Smith is vastly improved this year, and is and will be a great PG for Purdue. We have gone many years without a good one. And I appreciate the stability he provides at the position. Love me some BS.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT