ADVERTISEMENT

Benson to NW

These are the same types of BS comments we heard from Crean about those guys and look what they produced. I heard this type of talk about Lawson and others at Purdue. Forgive me if I'm taking a "believe it when I see it" approach to this unranked redshirt kid.

What you really mean is, "I'll believe it when an internet basketball "expert" tells me what to believe. Until then, I'm assuming that Lawson and Taylor are the same person."

Brilliant.

I don't know, Frank Kaminsky wasn't particularly good even as a redshirt frosh.

Yes, some players go from low ranked 3 star (like Kaminsky) to superstar by their junior or senior years. I would say the closest thing Painter has had to that situation was Kramer who went from obscure recruit to shut down defender, energy provider and team leader. Taylor has every chance to make a big jump, but I wouldn't expect it to happen, especially since we have had so many 3 star big men who turned out to be pretty poor basketball players (Lawson, Tacos, Bade, Hale, etc.). Would be great if Taylor bucks that trend.

Yes, some players go from low ranked 3 star (like Kaminsky) to superstar by their junior or senior years. I would say the closest thing Painter has had to that situation was Kramer who went from obscure recruit to shut down defender, energy provider and team leader. Taylor has every chance to make a big jump, but I wouldn't expect it to happen, especially since we have had so many 3 star big men who turned out to be pretty poor basketball players (Lawson, Tacos, Bade, Hale, etc.). Would be great if Taylor bucks that trend.
Never said I expected it.

I see Edwards as a player who will significantly outplay his 3 star ranking. Vince does so many things well that I won't be surprised if he is first team all conference by the time that he is a senior.

I see Edwards as a player who will significantly outplay his 3 star ranking. Vince does so many things well that I won't be surprised if he is first team all conference by the time that he is a senior.

Good point. I could say "he was a 4 star" but then so was Tacos at one point. VE is in line to blow away his final ranking and make the rivals guys look silly. I think we will all really enjoy seeing him develop over the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT