ADVERTISEMENT

Benson to NW

Would like to add one, but I think Haas will be here 4 years and Swanigan at least 2

PLEASE count on Taylor for four years. Please. He'll be great for every other B10 team.

SNU...I feel as if I'm one of the few on here who somewhat agrees with your posts, but come on. A post like this one...come on, man! Purdue fans having hope in a Purdue player, and you are so quick to call it out as ridiculous (basically, that's what you did). Not a good look.

SNU...I feel as if I'm one of the few on here who somewhat agrees with your posts, but come on. A post like this one...come on, man! Purdue fans having hope in a Purdue player, and you are so quick to call it out as ridiculous (basically, that's what you did). Not a good look.
I know man. I actually have pretty good conversations with you and a couple others. This post was for the rest of the crowd who trash all the rest of my posts even when IMO I'm being pretty civil. Figured I'd get a jab in every once in a while for those guys.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
SNU is here to just troll anymore. I have him on ignore but how DARE Purdue fans make posts about a Purdue player on a PURDUE forum!

We also have Taylor for 4 years
I think for Taylor it's all about his health. He was starting to get heavily recruited when he first hurt his foot in high school and I think that it is says quite about the severity of the injury that a lot of programs backed off. Getting shut down like he was last season was also concerning. If he can get completely healthy, I think that he can be very good.

We also have Taylor for 4 years

I like Taylor. I think he'll be good because he's athletic as hell and reminds me of JJ, but I think he's more of a 4 or a stretch 5 than a true 5 like Haas and Hammons. We have been spoiled with a true center and will be for another 2-3 years minimum. I just don't want us to end up with another Travis Carrol type player (great guy, great team player, and damn glad he was a boilermaker).

Painter has a chance to solidify Purdue as a perennial contender If we can string together a couple more good recruiting classes.

I would think that Taylor must be healthy now if the report is accurate that he's bulked up considerably since last year. I mean would you pack 20 lbs on a guy with a foot problem?

Not to mention that we still have Basil for 2016 who is very capable of playing the 4. 2017 is the class that we need a big man.

I would think that Taylor must be healthy now if the report is accurate that he's bulked up considerably since last year. I mean would you pack 20 lbs on a guy with a foot problem?
I hope you're right about that.

PLEASE count on Taylor for four years. Please. He'll be great for every other B10 team.
So a guy hasn't even played and you already have him pegged as a four year scrub? You show your lack of knowledge every time you post. Not to mention, you've never been right about anything to do with Purdue so I actually fell pretty good about Jacquil now.

So a guy hasn't even played and you already have him pegged as a four year scrub? You show your lack of knowledge every time you post. Not to mention, you've never been right about anything to do with Purdue so I actually fell pretty good about Jacquil now.
So you and I got off on the wrong foot. The last few posts of yours have been solid like this and you are right.

Give him a break. He can't find any "expert" opinions on Taylor, thus the confusion.

Reactions: BBG
What is hilarious is that IU needs bigs much more than Purdue, offered this kid, and was never a player for his services. Ditto Brunk who also was never serious about IU. I think this is a nice pickup for NW and congrats to Cliff in instilling the education part of student athlete.

Reactions: StateStreet123
Give him a break. He can't find any "expert" opinions on Taylor, thus the confusion.
Nah, I've heard plenty of situations like this. Just have to look back to Lawson and others to figure out what sort of impact this guy is likely to have. Was this kid even ranked? He may be a nice four year player, but he's highly unlikely to be a major impact player even more so given you have Edwards at the 3/4 and Swanigan at the 4.

What is hilarious is that IU needs bigs much more than Purdue, offered this kid, and was never a player for his services. Ditto Brunk who also was never serious about IU. I think this is a nice pickup for NW and congrats to Cliff in instilling the education part of student athlete.
IU should have Bryant for at least two years. I personally think he'll be there longer, but generally agree we need bigs more than you. Very solid pickup for Collins.

Nah, I've heard plenty of situations like this. Just have to look back to Lawson and others to figure out what sort of impact this guy is likely to have. Was this kid even ranked? He may be a nice four year player, but he's highly unlikely to be a major impact player even more so given you have Edwards at the 3/4 and Swanigan at the 4.
Well the Purdue staff commented that he shoots the ball very well for a big kid. He's hit the weight room and he appears to be a good student of the game, liked by his team mates so I see nothing but upside with this kid. Plus he runs like a deer and has hops when his feet are healthy. I guarantee he's better than most of the bigs that Crean has brought in. April, Priller, Jobe, now there is some quality.

IU should have Bryant for at least two years. I personally think he'll be there longer, but generally agree we need bigs more than you. Very solid pickup for Collins.
Who is going to backup Bryant when he's tired or has foul trouble now that Hanner (Tommy Chong) Perea is gone?

Well the Purdue staff commented that he shoots the ball very well for a big kid. He's hit the weight room and he appears to be a good student of the game, liked by his team mates so I see nothing but upside with this kid. Plus he runs like a deer and has hops when his feet are healthy. I guarantee he's better than most of the bigs that Crean has brought in. April, Priller, Jobe, now there is some quality.
These are the same types of BS comments we heard from Crean about those guys and look what they produced. I heard this type of talk about Lawson and others at Purdue. Forgive me if I'm taking a "believe it when I see it" approach to this unranked redshirt kid.

These are the same types of BS comments we heard from Crean about those guys and look what they produced. I heard this type of talk about Lawson and others at Purdue. Forgive me if I'm taking a "believe it when I see it" approach to this unranked redshirt kid.
Except Taylor will practice against guys like Swanigan, AJ, Isaac, Vince while Bryant will be practicing against some stiff who couldn't start at St. Mary of the Woods.

Except Taylor will practice against guys like Swanigan, AJ, Isaac, Vince while Bryant will be practicing against some stiff who couldn't start at St. Mary of the Woods.
Yup and we had guys go up against Zeller, Watford, etc. and they still were garbage. You can dress up a pig, but at the end of the day, it's still a pig. Again, I'll believe it when I see him play against the B10.

It doesn't matter that Taylor will go up against much better talent, Bryant is all world and only he can be good even if he hasn't set foot on the court at all yet.

You keep comparing Lawson to Taylor as if they're the same player in some attempt to prove your point. Nobody knows what type of player Taylor will turn into yet so to pretend you do is just foolish.

You keep comparing Lawson to Taylor as if they're the same player in some attempt to prove your point. Nobody knows what type of player Taylor will turn into yet so to pretend you do is just foolish.
Lawson was physically gifted, but lacked a work ethic and discipline in general. I've not heard anything to indicate that those are concerns with Taylor.

My big concern with Taylor, to repeat, is his foot. It's a very different situation than Lawson.

Lawson was physically gifted, but lacked a work ethic and discipline in general. I've not heard anything to indicate that those are concerns with Taylor.

My big concern with Taylor, to repeat, is his foot. It's a very different situation than Lawson.
no big surprise w/ Benson to me, seems we don't do well w/ legacy recruits for some reason. Rakocevic has cooled on us too, in regards to other bigs out there.

Accurate. Taylor seems to have a great work ethic. If he is healthy, he has every chance to be a very solid player. I sort of doubt his ability to be anything more than a bench guy, but again, he has every opportunity and a better work ethic than Lawson by all accounts.

Accurate. Taylor seems to have a great work ethic. If he is healthy, he has every chance to be a very solid player. I sort of doubt his ability to be anything more than a bench guy, but again, he has every opportunity and a better work ethic than Lawson by all accounts.
I don't know, Frank Kaminsky wasn't particularly good even as a redshirt frosh.

no big surprise w/ Benson to me, seems we don't do well w/ legacy recruits for some reason. Rakocevic has cooled on us too, in regards to other bigs out there.
Benson averaged less than 7 ppg and shot about 44% from the floor this spring for the Wolves. It wouldn't surprise me if he no longer had a live offer from Purdue. I don't really see this as a miss. He's not in the same league as Swanigan.

I'm not too upset about missing on Brunk, either. Cumberland to Cinci, OTOH, was much more disappointing.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
I know man. I actually have pretty good conversations with you and a couple others. This post was for the rest of the crowd who trash all the rest of my posts even when IMO I'm being pretty civil. Figured I'd get a jab in every once in a while for those guys.

LOL! How pathetic must your life be that you belittle a college kid on your rival's board to "get even" with those who disagree with you?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT