ADVERTISEMENT

Gicarri

Expect to make his decision in the next several days. Likes the former NBA player turn coach there in Tech and closer to family and friends. Purdue recruited him much longer and probably has better exposure. I wish we could throw in some NIL make this decision easier.

Expect to make his decision in the next several days. Likes the former NBA player turn coach there in Tech and closer to family and friends. Purdue recruited him much longer and probably has better exposure. I wish we could throw in some NIL make this decision easier.
Yeah all comes down to if he wants to play where his dad did—arguably the best athlete Purdue has ever had and have great exposure to competing for conf championships, top 10 rankings and tourney, but maybe not play a ton right away or play right away but never really compete for conf championships or the tourney and for a coach that (while I loved watching) hasn’t proved he can develop players.

Being in Atlanta, Tech should be able to put together a sustainable basketball program, but they've been pretty consistently bad since they went to the Final Four with Jarrett Jack. Stoudemire could bring them back, especially with NIL money.

He'll obviously have a better chance to win at Purdue and Painter's rep as a coach is hard to beat.

Good to hear. He is exactly what this team needs to fill the Jones role next year. I'm sure the coaches are telling him that opportunity is there for the taking....

Sounds like the pull to be close to home is strong though. Can't fault him either way here.

He has the chance to be the focus for GT, he will fight for playing time at Purdue. It's a tough call with plusses and minuses each way. Would be a nice boost for Painter if we land him though. #8 class now, you would think top 3-5 with him. Would add amazing depth.

Can you imagine Smith, Loyer, Harris, Cox and Benter, at the 1-2 position until 2026! I see Benter and/or Cox redshirting.

Add Colvin, Waddell, Catchings, and Heide at 2-3-4 position until 2026!

Add Burgess, TKR at 4-5 until 2026!

Add Jacobson and Berg at the 5 until 2026!

Throw in Furst at the 4 until 2025.

The future looks bright! Young but talented team. Experienced too even though they will be young. I hope we get him, but he has a tough decision to make.

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
GT signed combo guard Jaeden Mustaf who’s the #5 guard and #39 player in the class so he’d compete with him for playing time at the same position. Not sure about any upperclassmen. The biggest draw to GT is its home and the coach with NBA resume and ties.

Wasn’t Isaiah Thomas the Toronto Raptors GM, who drafted Stoudamire number 1 in the draft. I remember at the press conference Zeke telling him that he was going to kiss Damon, because he loved him, and then kissed him. That always made me chuckle.

He has the chance to be the focus for GT, he will fight for playing time at Purdue. It's a tough call with plusses and minuses each way. Would be a nice boost for Painter if we land him though. #8 class now, you would think top 3-5 with him. Would add amazing depth.

Can you imagine Smith, Loyer, Harris, Cox and Benter, at the 1-2 position until 2026! I see Benter and/or Cox redshirting.

Add Colvin, Waddell, Catchings, and Heide at 2-3-4 position until 2026!

Add Burgess, TKR at 4-5 until 2026!

Add Jacobson and Berg at the 5 until 2026!

Throw in Furst at the 4 until 2025.

The future looks bright! Young but talented team. Experienced too even though they will be young. I hope we get him, but he has a tough decision to make.
Would be great to have Colvin and Catchings until 2026…but (in a good way) I hope we don’t because they’d move on to bigger and better things. Selfishly, would love two years of them together, guessing we will get 1…

Would be great to have Colvin and Catchings until 2026…but (in a good way) I hope we don’t because they’d move on to bigger and better things. Selfishly, would love two years of them together, guessing we will get 1…
I think I saw it above, but who really leaves early from Purdue to play pro ball? Ivey and Glenn Robinson. Did I miss anyone else recently who left school early for the NBA?

I would love to bring in talent like Duke and Kentucky where people play 1-2 years and go pro but on the other hand that isn't our identity so I don't know that I really do.

It is not lost to me that I reference Big Dog in the above paragraph and now this thread is discussing his son in the same breath. That's how rare this situation is at Purdue, don't hold your breath.

I think I saw it above, but who really leaves early from Purdue to play pro ball? Ivey and Glenn Robinson. Did I miss anyone else recently who left school early for the NBA?

I would love to bring in talent like Duke and Kentucky where people play 1-2 years and go pro but on the other hand that isn't our identity so I don't know that I really do.

It is not lost to me that I reference Big Dog in the above paragraph and now this thread is discussing his son in the same breath. That's how rare this situation is at Purdue, don't hold your breath.
Caleb Swanigan.

Unless everyone evaluating him/talking about him is wrong, Catchings is very likely to leave for the league in less than 4 years.

Colvins athleticism and shot making is ahead of Ivey in terms of comparing where they both were at in their freshman years at this point in the season. If Colvin makes a jump, like what usually happens from Frosh to soph, id expect him to be like Jaden and get drafted in the lottery. Catchings is Purdues 2ns highest recruit and is said to have tons of potential so id assume he’s done after no more than 2, if not 1. And usually Purdue doesn’t have these recruits but it’s looking like we might. Hope we can enjoy them and hope they do live up to that hype/expectations.

Yeah, you got me. Neither had much of an NBA career but Caleb left after 2 years and Carson after three. Still pretty rare at Purdue.

I am led to wonder how many years big dog would have stayed if he was playing today? Would big dog have been a one and done?

Back to the start, does he have a signing or announcement date listed?

Nope. Was said he wanted to announce before the start of his season….and that’s gone by haha. So he’s down to two…maybe in next few weeks? I’m not sure if anyone really knows at this point.

I'm on probation for unintentionally misleading some posters.....so I will not comment other than something something about the day after today........ :)

It's a beautiful day......

1*lKqIm_F-67qKm7wzb-4jGQ.jpeg

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT