ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Gordon highlights from Shamrock Classic

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
I know the article is premium, so I’ll share some thoughts here in the thread as well.

Fairly quiet day for Gordon, 12 points (6-12 shooting) and five rebounds, all unofficial numbers. Indiana Elite got out in transition a lot, which isn’t Gordon’s bread and butter.

The go-to baby hook over her left shoulder was on in the first half, where she had 10 of her 12 points.

Meredith Tippner (2025 forward from Noblesville) also stole the show a bit. She had 23 points (17 in the first half) and was the focal point of the offense for most of the game.

Interesting that none of the three Purdue targets made the core junior team, but none of the 6 core players are ranked by ESPN and all three of our girls are (counting Lampley, fingers crossed)

I know the article is premium, so I’ll share some thoughts here in the thread as well.

Fairly quiet day for Gordon, 12 points (6-12 shooting) and five rebounds, all unofficial numbers. Indiana Elite got out in transition a lot, which isn’t Gordon’s bread and butter.

The go-to baby hook over her left shoulder was on in the first half, where she had 10 of her 12 points.

Meredith Tippner (2025 forward from Noblesville) also stole the show a bit. She had 23 points (17 in the first half) and was the focal point of the offense for most of the game.
I love her size. I also like she still has over a year to work on her strength and conditioning. I'm guessing Coach Gearlds and staff already have her on a program.

Interesting that none of the three Purdue targets made the core junior team, but none of the 6 core players are ranked by ESPN and all three of our girls are (counting Lampley, fingers crossed)
Anybody that has been around both boys and girls Indiana high school basketball know the bias that goes into picking these teams. Including the choosing of who wins the Mr. & Miss Basketball awards.

I've read that Purdue is recruiting both sisters (Jaylah & Lola). As far as our chances....who knows? I've read a couple interviews with both and have never seen either mention Purdue. But that doesn't mean anything. I know both went to Kentucky for a visit not too long ago. Just about everyone in the midwest has offered. Michigan, Michigan State, IU, Ohio State, Kentucky, Butler, North Carolina & Louisville are some mentioned.

I would love to see them in Black & Gold. I hate seeing legacies choose elsewhere.

Coach Gearlds and the athletic department have been doing a great job reaching out to formers players and getting them back on campus. I hope it pays off here too.

Reactions: Gesysp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT