ADVERTISEMENT

Avery Gordon commits to Purdue

Great get, she had already visited Iowa and attended their elite camp. And for anyone thinking having a solid low post center means we can't be a running team needs to go watch clips of the showtime Lakers.

Great get, she had already visited Iowa and attended their elite camp. And for anyone thinking having a solid low post center means we can't be a running team needs to go watch clips of the showtime Lakers.
Now this is what I’m talking about with getting an elite player coming in. Granted she is 6’6” but according to her Twitter she boasts offers from OSU, Michigan, Mississippi State, KY, Iowa, Penn State, MSU, Iowa State and more. This is the kind of player who is respected by so many P5’s schools that will make a difference for us. Does that make her the tallest player in program history? Love the height and that she can actually move well!

Congrats coach! I talked to her yesterday and bragged about your program. You can thank me later for her commitment. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: MichaelRR
Some notes regarding Gordon’s commitment after speaking with her AAU program’s director: (Story for subscribers will be out later today)

- The pairing of Kira Reynolds at the four and Gordon at the five is very intriguing for Purdue. Gordon is used to coexisting with fellow front court players, like she will with Reynolds, having played with IU commit Faith Wiseman on the AAU circuit.

- Gordon is more of a traditional post player, but has started improving her shot and is working on extending her range.

- At 6’6”, she takes a beating in the post but has evolved into a great passer and makes smart plays with the ball on her hands.

- Purdue beat out Iowa and Ohio State in particular for Gordon. Those were thought to be the two biggest competitors in her recruitment.

Some notes regarding Gordon’s commitment after speaking with her AAU program’s director: (Story for subscribers will be out later today)

- The pairing of Kira Reynolds at the four and Gordon at the five is very intriguing for Purdue. Gordon is used to coexisting with fellow front court players, like she will with Reynolds, having played with IU commit Faith Wiseman on the AAU circuit.

- Gordon is more of a traditional post player, but has started improving her shot and is working on extending her range.

- At 6’6”, she takes a beating in the post but has evolved into a great passer and makes smart plays with the ball on her hands.

- Purdue beat out Iowa and Ohio State in particular for Gordon. Those were thought to be the two biggest competitors in her recruitment.

The fact that this program is 2 years off from being in the absolute dumpster and winning 7 games to beating a program who was the national runner up last year and another top 10 program for an elite recruit says all it should with where KG is taking this program and doing it quickly. Kudos to this coaching staff. We are set in the post for years to come.

Wow, she could grow an inch or two more. She was offered by Iowa, Michigan and Ohio State also. I have to say that is something to win a recruiting battle with them, even if she is from our home state. Now she has time to polish her game and work on weak areas. I am not easily impressed, but this is impressive considering the other suitors and her ratings. One thing is sure that time will tell (ASIA song).

Go Boilers!

Purdue women’s basketball’s newest commit, 2025 four-star Avery Gordon, breaks down why she chose the Boilers.

"I knew Katie Gearlds had a plan for me as soon as I would walk on campus and I knew I had a place there”

Premium on Boiler Upload ⬇️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT