ADVERTISEMENT

Any small business owner or anyone laid off in the past week...

I am seeing several layoffs in the hospitality industry here, as expected. My office staff is working from home. Field staff are still doing their daily routines, but with a protocol in place.

Remember who it was that was more interested in airplane emissions than keeping your business afloat and/or getting you some money to pay your bills during this time.

Ill remember that South Korea and the US had their first cases of Coronavirus on the same day

I'll also remember how one government took it seriously and how ours didn't.

The result. Our government killed our economy and will also be responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans.

Ill remember that South Korea and the US had their first cases of Coronavirus on the same day

I'll also remember how one government took it seriously and how ours didn't.

The result. Our government killed our economy and will also be responsible for the deaths of thousands of Americans.
Current death rates due to the virus:
South Korean - 1.32%.
USA -1.26%

Percentage of population who have contracted the virus:
South Korea - .017627%
USA - .01397%

Reactions: SDBoiler1
South Korean - 1.32%.
USA -1.26%

South Korea - .017627%
USA - .01397%

Cool stats bro. South Korea has reached peak infection. We haven't ... it's been running rampant in this country for weeks and we are so far behind on testing that our testing is just now starting to identify cases. Case in point 3 days ago we had 20k cases. Today we will cross 50k cases. This is freaking simple ass math, and like our President (we're only at 15 cases, next week we'll likely be at zero) --- your looking at the trailing numbers and not looking ahead.

Report back to me in 7 days on these numbers (note it was just 12 days ago that we crossed the 1k cases threshold).

I think people will remember the Republicans wanting to give $500 billion to the well connected with no oversight or accountability with the funds.
By "connected" I'm assuming you're referring to corporations? Those same corporations that are manufacturing the tests? Those same corporations that are putting food on the shelves in grocery stores? Those same corporations that are testing viruses as we speak?

Reactions: herrli
South Korean - 1.32%.
USA -1.26%

South Korea - .017627%
USA - .01397%

Your denominator is way more baked than your numerator. The vast majority of known cases in the US are new and it's TBD how these folks fare. This is a fundamentally different situation from SK.

Piss poor analysis.

Cool stats bro. South Korea has reached peak infection. We haven't ... it's been running rampant in this country for weeks and we are so far behind on testing that our testing is just now starting to identify cases. Case in point 3 days ago we had 20k cases. Today we will cross 50k cases. This is freaking simple ass math, and like our President (we're only at 15 cases, next week we'll likely be at zero) --- your looking at the trailing numbers and not looking ahead.

Report back to me in 7 days on these numbers (note it was just 12 days ago that we crossed the 1k cases threshold).
Those stats are cool, aren't they? I prefer stats to bs. You applauded South Korea for their response. The stats show that you should be thrilled with the US's response. But your Monkeypox/Indy35/BoilerBob/Miksta style TDS has you searching for ways to blame Trump for anything. I hope you're enjoying your Organizational Leadership degree from Purdue.

I think people will remember the Republicans wanting to give $500 billion to the well connected with no oversight or accountability with the funds.
I think the people will see through the Democrat obstruction that delayed their help. Pelosi is screwing every democrat in office. BTW Indy....where's your boy Shifty Schiff?

Remember who it was that was more interested in airplane emissions than keeping your business afloat and/or getting you some money to pay your bills during this time.
Too bad Wuhan Don was too busy golfing and down playing the virus in January and February. What a moron. You if love America, jobs and stock market returns vote straight blue.

just compared south korea to the entire usa...wow. brilliant.

Your denominator is way more baked than your numerator. The vast majority of cases in the US are new and it's TBD how these folks fare.

Piss poor analysis.

Absolutely correct.

South Korea's curve....

PUpoNwF.png

The US curve ....

i584OWG.png

We had our first cases on the same day. The difference is South Korea ramped up their testing immediately and got ahead of it and wallah their curve is flattening. We tested 354 people TOTAL in all of February ... that's less than one full size aircraft of tests in all of February. Blatant negligence.

We're paying the price for that now and our curve is not even a curve ... its a straight ass hockey stick -- and yet I've already had to listen to hunk this week talk about getting back to watching football games and then listen to our President yesterday talk about getting everyone back out to work, and then listen to the LT Governor of Texas tell us that our grandparents would be willing to sacrifice their lives for our economy.

Complete asshats. No one should be sacrificing their lives because this administration completely bungled our nation's response to this pandemic.

Absolutely correct.

South Korea's curve....

PUpoNwF.png

The US curve ....

i584OWG.png

We had our first cases on the same day. The difference is South Korea ramped up their testing immediately and got ahead of it and wallah their curve is flattening. We tested 354 people TOTAL in all of February ... that's less than one full size aircraft of tests in all of February. Blatant negligence.

We're paying the price for that now and our curve is not even a curve ... its a straight ass hockey stick -- and yet I've already had to listen to hunk this week talk about getting back to watching football games and then listen to our President yesterday talk about getting everyone back out to work, and then listen to the LT Governor of Texas tell us that our grandparents would be willing to sacrifice their lives for our economy.

Complete asshats. No one should be sacrificing their lives because this administration completely bungled our nation's response to this pandemic.
Not sure why I'm asking you as I don't think you have the bandwidth to understand this question - anyone not suffering from TDS feel free to chime in. Do you think geographic size has anything to do with a country's ability to "flatten their curve"?

Reactions: herrli
Not sure why I'm asking you as I don't think you have the bandwidth to understand this question - anyone not suffering from TDS feel free to chime in. Do you think geographic size has anything to do with a country's ability to "flatten their curve"?

lol. Found the idiot.

SK is more dense than the US. If anything their attack rate should be higher, especially given that Seoul is about 20% of the overall population.

SK is more dense than the US. If anything their attack rate should be higher, especially given that Seoul is about 20% of the overall population.
Their attack rate is higher. See the stats above.

Don't ask questions now. Just come back in a week and give us your updated stats.

You should be confident about them. You believe our President right? He's doing amazing? He's on top of this? We're ready to get back out there in 7 days and get going right? So no need to ask any questions. He's got this. Trust him. He won't lead you astray.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Don't ask questions now. Just come back in a week and give us your updated stats.

You should be confident about them. You believe our President right? He's doing amazing? He's on top of this? We're ready to get back out there in 7 days and get going right? So no need to ask any questions. He's got this. Trust him. He won't lead you astray.
Its an imperfect situation and everyone is doing the best they can. Its not easy to balance the spread of this virus and keeping death tolls down while at the same time not allowing the country to fall into another Great Depression. Biden would be in a padded room right now if here were President.

Its an imperfect situation and everyone is doing the best they can. Its not easy to balance the spread of this virus and keeping death tolls down while at the same time not allowing the country to fall into another Great Depression. Biden would be in a padded room right now if here were President.

Trump has and had all of the resources possible to have crafted a well thought out strategy, and stuck to it. Instead he's using the right wing outrage du jour to craft his daily inconsistencies.

He is failing badly.

Very slightly, in spite of being a far more dense nation.

So, in a day or two, when the US matches that rate, do you expect our curve to be flattening?
I was responding to Bleed as he was praising South Korea. The stats as of today do not back up his kudos. He's now backed off and suggested we wait a week. Which is great advice for everyone. We should all be waiting several weeks/months before looking back to see what we could have done differently for next time this happens. Again, its an imperfect situation and those suffering from TDS are expecting perfection from our government leaders. Typical for today's social media soceity - someone made a mistake, "FIRE THEM!"

Trump has and had all of the resources possible to have crafted a well thought out strategy, and stuck to it. Instead he's using the right wing outrage du jour to craft his daily inconsistencies.

He is failing badly.
By what metric? Our death rates are among the lowest of any country. Do you think your TDS is clouding your judgement?

By what metric? Our death rates are among the lowest of any country. Do you think your TDS is clouding your judgement?

And around we go...a disproportionate number of known cases are brand new.

We're also far behind other countries in the amount of testing we're doing, in spite of being told that "anyone who wants a test can get it."

And the general messaging has been a disaster. We went from downplaying it, to being a war time president, back to contradicting the advice of medical professionals by promising the shutdowns will be over in a week.

The president needs to deliver a clear and consistent message, ideally aligned with public health professionals, so that citizens can act in alignment with each other.

I was responding to Bleed as he was praising South Korea. The stats as of today do not back up his kudos. He's now backed off and suggested we wait a week. Which is great advice for everyone. We should all be waiting several weeks/months before looking back to see what we could have done differently for next time this happens. Again, its an imperfect situation and those suffering from TDS are expecting perfection from our government leaders. Typical for today's social media soceity - someone made a mistake, "FIRE THEM!"

Your inability to look forward mirrors our President. Always looking back, never forward. It's why we are behind. It's why we are going to lose thousands of Americans -- tens of thousands or more if we rush back out there in 7 days.

The data LAGS the reality. It's that freaking simple. That lag creates a blindspot. And you are absolutely blinded to reality right now. Its frankly quite sad. Please don't encourage your loved ones with your nonsense. You are putting them in danger.

Holy hell dude. LOOK FORWARD. Deaths lag behind cases by 7-10 days. ... Look back at our number of cases a week ago.

We're just now identifying cases. Those cases will reach mortality in the next week or so.

You're not understanding this basic lag in the data.

Dude......our testing is way behind other countries. That's simply a fact. Look at the chart that was provided. As testing increases our numbers are going to rise dramatically.

Until we reach a level of testing that accurately reflects the infection rate.......any change in policy is just a shot in the dark. Will that happen in a week? I suppose it's possible.......but are we really going to know if the testing is lagging?

I understand the pressure Trump is feeling on the economy........and it's worth a conversation about making changes. But it has to be done responsibly.........and he essentially announced a change is coming next week. There's no doubt in my mind he's going to jump the gun on this. If he's wrong it's going to destroy his reelection chances.

Dude......our testing is way behind other countries. That's simply a fact. Look at the chart that was provided. As testing increases our numbers are going to rise dramatically.
And when our testing starts ramping up (as it already has) the mortality will continue to fall. We currently have one of the lowest death rates in the world and that number will only go down.

Interview with Dr. Fauci this morning:
“Obviously, this is something that’s under very intense discussion,” Fauci said when asked about the 15 day social isolation idea pushed by Trump. “What the president is trying to do is to balance the public health issues with the fact that this is having an enormous impact on the economy of the country, which may actually indirectly even cause a considerable amount of harm and difficultly, even health wise.”

“So, it’s a delicate balancing act, which the president is trying to get it right, and we’re under very intense discussions right now about what the most appropriate timeline is and if we do modify it, how we modify it.”

He added that “America will again and soon be open for business” and reiterated his belief that the “cure” – social distancing – can’t be worse than the disease.

“There is a discussion and a delicate balance about what’s the overall impact of shutting everything down completely for an indefinite period of time,” Fauci said. “So, there’s a compromise. If you knock down the economy completely and disrupt infrastructure, you may be causing health issues, unintended consequences, for people who need to be able to get to places and can’t. You do the best you can.”

Reactions: SDBoiler1
I sit here and hope the higher admission standards over the past years leads to more intelligent conversation here. It is actually embarrassing these people went to our alma mater.
And you more often than note side with Monkeypox, Indy35, Bleed, and etc. Hmmm...

@hunkgolden Apparently Trump has come to the realization that South Korea WAS better prepared than us and has reached out to them for help.

We lead from behind.

I'm glad he finally made the call. Better to realize that we are failing now than never realize it at all.

z7UkmJT.png
So you're upset that the POTUS is asking countries for equipment that we couldn't possibly manufacture in time?

So you're upset that the POTUS is asking countries for equipment that we couldn't possibly manufacture in time?

Not upset at all. I'm glad

"I'm glad he finally made the call. Better to realize that we are failing now than never realize it at all." <-- that's what I said.​

Just thought you might want to know that your dear leader has accepted the fact that South Korea is more prepared than we are and has reached out to them for help. Weren't you just an hour or two ago giving us stats telling us how the US is doing better than SK? Apparently you should tweet Trump your stats so he can call SK back and let them know where doing just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT