ADVERTISEMENT

9 Seed

FlaBoiler

True Freshman
Oct 23, 2001
that is a tough spot playing the overall #1 IF we win game one. Would have been better off a 10 through 13

Completely agree. I was really excited to be a 10 seed playing the likes of Gonzaga or Arizona in the 2nd round.

Purdue could play iu to get to the Final Four.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

I agree with the sentiment, but I also think Cincinnati will be a very tough game.

I know others on the board were hoping for this (Kentucky in the 2nd round). I think those fans are respectfully masochistic/delusional. I hope I'm wrong, but we could get run out of the building against Kentucky.

I would have liked our chances as a 10 seed, with a possible 2 seed against Gonzaga, Virginia or Kansas.

Best case would have been an 11 seed.

Now that we're here, let's just play our best ball and let the chips fall where they may. If we go out, let's go out with fight and toughness.

Exactly, if you don't win the first game you won't be playing second. Obvious but so many times it's forgotten.

Big Ten seeds are interesting. UW is #1, Maryland #4, MSU #7, Iowa #7 (????????????), Purdue #9, OSU #10, and IU #10. My thoughts: Surprised Purdue is a 9 and not a 10. Surprised OSU is a 10 and not an 8-9. And frankly surprised IU even got in. They were 5-9 in their last 14. SMH.

In future years, we will see similar seeds. What's a little frustrating is when I think back a few years ago when the Big East had 40 teams, they would have similar records as our B-10 teams, but they typically would be seeded no lower than 8 or 9. As much as I like a competitive conference, I think those losses take a toll when it's tournament seeding time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT