ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

I think people assume that Woody is a national recruiting guy, but there’s four of them out 12 on the roster now: Galloway, Leal, Gunn, and Sparks.

All grew up IU fans and locally. Cupps fits the local and scrappy take too, though he’s just over the Ohio line.
Woody seems more like a “hang around the basketball offices and take naps while letting his assistants do the recruiting” guy to me.

Minnesota is mid major right? LAMO

Ok, I’ll see myself out.

Beef.....serving it up early today.....haha.

giphy.gif

Both talented, I think I pick Loer, possibly better vertical, passer, maybe more aggressive. Hard to judge the competition they’re playing. I think Mullins is gonna be a Hoosier in my gut. There’s a lot of competition for them to beat out in the 2025 class…

Both talented, I think I pick Loer, possibly better vertical, passer, maybe more aggressive. Hard to judge the competition they’re playing. I think Mullins is gonna be a Hoosier in my gut. There’s a lot of competition for them to beat out in the 2025 class…
Mullins was in Iowa City last week and liked it.

in state talent “isn’t that good” and they recruit “nationally” now. They offer everyone in the top 50…bound to land some of them right?

You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take - Michael Scott
Agree with the above - but NewPal's intent was to troll me (he's convinced I'm an IU fan because I have the audacity to critique our March performances). Not sure what to say at this point, but this obsession of his dates back more than 2 years at this point iirc (he's complained to the mods multiple times about me).

Agree and curious how he does with pulling in East Coast kids that have the draw to ND name/brand. I feel like Brey just didn't have that impact with local kids.
The first time Brey got local rep was when he went to that bar after he got canned. He was a great guy on a personal level, but just not the right fit for this current generation of players.

Shrews is a totally different story, I think, and I could see him being there for the rest of his career with the conference re-alignment picture being what it is.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
The first time Brey got local rep was when he went to that bar after he got canned. He was a great guy on a personal level, but just not the right fit for this current generation of players.

Shrews is a totally different story, I think, and I could see him being there for the rest of his career with the conference re-alignment picture being what it is.
Not knowing him or what is the right fit for this current generation, would you please take two minutes and explain it for us slower guys? 😊

What bar? I mean South Bend has 2 that ND kids go to and they both suck.

Linebacker and Corbys. Those are the 2 that I would consider ND bars.
is it linebacker just south of the football field? Is Corbys a bit farther away and maybe on a corner or so. I know my daughter had mentioned a couple before

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
You got it.

Corbys is closer to downtown.
not sure why I thought quarterbacker earlier. Showing my age I guess? Anyway, the first and maybe last time I was in the linebacker was just in time to see Rob Henry showing his legs in a game Purdue won. I think it might have been Nebraska

Well, maybe I should reconsider my answer lol:

As a freshman and probably for the majority of his sophomore year, Mullins had reputation as an outside shooter. Not a bad reputation to have. But not really accurate, either. Not that he can’t shoot it. When Painter visited recently, Mullins shot 500 3-pointers on the shooting gun and made 90%.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It used to be like that,” Mullins said. “It was like ‘We can put that kid in the corner and let him shoot.’ I haven’t heard that in a while, though.”

Mullins was a 47% 3-point shooter as a sophomore (54-for-116), establishing himself as one of the best outside shooters in the state. But it was his athleticism that surprised some college coaches in the spring.

Well, maybe I should reconsider my answer lol:

As a freshman and probably for the majority of his sophomore year, Mullins had reputation as an outside shooter. Not a bad reputation to have. But not really accurate, either. Not that he can’t shoot it. When Painter visited recently, Mullins shot 500 3-pointers on the shooting gun and made 90%.

ADVERTISEMENT

“It used to be like that,” Mullins said. “It was like ‘We can put that kid in the corner and let him shoot.’ I haven’t heard that in a while, though.”

Mullins was a 47% 3-point shooter as a sophomore (54-for-116), establishing himself as one of the best outside shooters in the state. But it was his athleticism that surprised some college coaches in the spring.
not me, just by the videos, Loer is more athletic, better passer, better finisher, better hops, shooting seems equal

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
But that assumes Furst leaves….doesn’t he still have a year of eligibility (plus Covid)?
Yes, for next year 2024. Furst is a junior and has next year as a Senior. The question was asked if there were any scholarship spot’s that will be open for the 2025 class.
I don’t think Furst will get a Covid year but might be wrong.

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT