ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

If NIL is good from the Loosiers, I have to think it would be good from some other winners.
Believe it has been stated that they are up there with the big boys in terms of their NIL. What exactly that means, I’m not sure. I have read, don’t remember where, that they have deep pockets to go after the talent and that is why they got Ware and Mgbako. TJD got north of $1m to come back.

Their challenge is Woody is absent on the recruiting trail - he sends the assistants. That doesn’t bode well for families thinking of shipping their kids off for a couple of years. Players are seeing the regression of this team plus the fact they go Mgbako and haven’t really don’t anything to show case him.

Believe it has been stated that they are up there with the big boys in terms of their NIL. What exactly that means, I’m not sure. I have read, don’t remember where, that they have deep pockets to go after the talent and that is why they got Ware and Mgbako. TJD got north of $1m to come back.

Their challenge is Woody is absent on the recruiting trail - he sends the assistants. That doesn’t bode well for families thinking of shipping their kids off for a couple of years. Players are seeing the regression of this team plus the fact they go Mgbako and haven’t really don’t anything to show case him.
They have to have some of the worst ROI of NIL in the country….wonder if it’d stop flowing in if they continue to not be good.

Based on comments from Painter, I think that Purdue is more apt to use NIL as a tool for retention than a tool for recruiting. Next year, keeping Smith is a higher priority than luring Harrelson, it would follow. I think that it’s working as continuity is underrated, especially in a system as sophisticated as Purdue’s.

Based on comments from Painter, I think that Purdue is more apt to use NIL as a tool for retention than a tool for recruiting. Next year, keeping Smith is a higher priority than luring Harrelson, it would follow. I think that it’s working as continuity is underrated, especially in a system as sophisticated as Purdue’s.
Haralson is 2025 and smith would be a senior by then. Haralson would play along side smith.

Plus with Zach gone after this year, I wonder if that NIL can be spread amongst other players..but tbh not sure how his NIL deal(s) are set up so not sure if it’s possible, but maybe? 😂

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Haralson is 2025 and smith would be a senior by then. Haralson would play along side smith.
Plus with Zach gone after this year, I wonder if that NIL can be spread amongst other players..but tbh not sure how his NIL deal(s) are set up so not sure if it’s possible, but maybe? 😂

Yes exactly. Besides Smith, I wonder which of the incoming class will command good NIL packages to keep them here? Of the ones staying more than a year, I imagine at least one might be @ Smith's level, a near all B10 type player. That many players, there better be a gem or two there needing good NIL $.

Yes exactly. Besides Smith, I wonder which of the incoming class will command good NIL packages to keep them here? Of the ones staying more than a year, I imagine at least one might be @ Smith's level, a near all B10 type player. That many players, there better be a gem or two there needing good NIL $.
I think that there will be several players. The roster is deep and I think that Painter will want to ensure that the players who produce are rewarded. Obviously, the top example this year is Edey, but he can only do so much by himself and Purdue is a deep and talented team. I am sure that the newcomers, Jones and Colvin, have deals, but I would expect that proven players like Smith, Loyer, Gillis, etc. were not overlooked and were incentivized to return.

Looking forward, with so much talent on the roster in the next couple of years already, it’s all about who steps up. Keeping the top contributors committed is every bit as important as bringing in new talent. People are going to assume Catchings, but I see a ton of potential across the board.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Yes exactly. Besides Smith, I wonder which of the incoming class will command good NIL packages to keep them here? Of the ones staying more than a year, I imagine at least one might be @ Smith's level, a near all B10 type player. That many players, there better be a gem or two they’re needing good NIL $.
I think the way we use NIL is everyone gets a starting base and it is roughly the same. You as the athlete have the opportunity to build a brand and make more. That is my understanding.

Do you think they're outbidding for supposedly great players??? Surely there are better programs willing to pay what IU is
Who knows, but you and I know they would sell their soul to win and so I can see them offering a lot of money. Then they need to impress the recruit that they are the better spot to be for the same money IMO

Who knows, but you and I know they would sell their soul to win and so I can see them offering a lot of money. Then they need to impress the recruit that they are the better spot to be for the same money IMO
The other side of the coin people don’t really see or talk about is using a schools NIL to boost up your NIL with the school you want to be at. Read it once where a kid included a school that wasn’t actively recruiting him because he wanted more money and got it.

Reactions: Schnelk and tjreese
It's all about the money now! Basically, if you're being recruited it's for more than playing, Agents are also recruiting you. It's all about the money! Purdue's NIL team has been killing it. Pay up or struggle with transfers coming and going. Look at how much money Purdue football has been handing these transfers good thing is they have the money to do so. We can pay what most B1G teams can pay.

The other side of the coin people don’t really see or talk about is using a schools NIL to boost up your NIL with the school you want to be at. Read it once where a kid included a school that wasn’t actively recruiting him because he wanted more money and got it.
makes sense

Update on Sisley. Gonna be in for the IU game. Curious what game he watched for the IU visit.

Sisley also knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“I’m looking for somewhere that wins a lot and somewhere that II’ll have opportunity,” he said. “I also want to go somewhere that’s a family and where I can have a good four years.”

So uhh that rules out IU?

Sisley also knows what he’s looking for in a school.

“I’m looking for somewhere that wins a lot and somewhere that II’ll have opportunity,” he said. “I also want to go somewhere that’s a family and where I can have a good four years.”

So uhh that rules out IU?
wow, he said 4 yrs. Like that we were at the top of the list, curious as to why he didn't say anything about msu in article

The challenge might be playing time concerns with Purdue. The roster should be loaded unless transfers or early entry in the draft (in the case of Catchings) open up some slots.
One scholarship open (if all players stay), as Furst is graduating. Do we take Sisley or Moreno or Haralson (if that’s even in play)?

Update on Sisley. Gonna be in for the IU game. Curious what game he watched for the IU visit.

I wrote maybe last year that after a Butler game we went out to eat and a man I didn't know said when I mention Sisley that he was Purdue's. I told him he hadn't verballed and he kinda smirked and as to say he was going to Purdue. I have no idea if this guy knew anything. I am going to Butler Saturday and out to eat after with that group at Binkleys. I don't know if he is a regular since he wasn't other times, but if he shows up I may prod him a bit and see if he knows anything. There is one Butler couple who had two children go to Purdue and they and others will talk Purdue with me. ;)

I wrote maybe last year that after a Butler game we went out to eat and a man I didn't know said when I mention Sisley that he was Purdue's. I told him he hadn't verballed and he kinda smirked and as to say he was going to Purdue. I have no idea if this guy knew anything. I am going to Butler Saturday and out to eat after with that group at Binkleys. I don't know if he is a regular since he wasn't other times, but if he shows up I may prod him a bit and see if he knows anything. There is one Butler couple who had two children go to Purdue and they and others will talk Purdue with me. ;)
Luv me some Binkleys!

Reactions: tjreese
Going back to when they were freshman, seems to have always been Sisley and Haralson. Not really seen much film of Sisley for a couple of years. For those that have, how would he compare to Burgess?

Sorry was thinking of EJ Walker.
I like where Purdue is on Haralson, Sisley and Walker all top 50 players. Side note I am hearing PJ is quickly becoming an outstanding recruiter. He and Sasha watched Haralson a few days ago. He was at EJ's game Saturday and is set to go back with Painter Friday. Trust me he is killing it! A commits mom was just raving about PJ to me. " Who wouldn't want to play for PJ" she said Indeed who wouldn't?

Going back to when they were freshman, seems to have always been Sisley and Haralson. Not really seen much film of Sisley for a couple of years. For those that have, how would he compare to Burgess?
Sisley is more of a traditional small forward/wing. Burgess is a hybrid 4/5 with ability to play
I like where Purdue is on Haralson, Sisley and Walker all top 50 players. Side note I am hearing PJ is quickly becoming an outstanding recruiter. He and Sasha watched Haralson a few days ago. He was at EJ's game Saturday and is set to go back with Painter Friday. Trust me he is killing it! A commits mom was just raving about PJ to me. " Who wouldn't want to play for PJ" she said Indeed who wouldn't?
Good to hear especially as Painter develops PJ as a coach. Guess that is the “other” category of a HC - developing your assistants. I can see PJ being relatable to kids and parents. He is a more recent product of Painter and his player development.

If one of Terry Johnson or Lusk leaves for a HC role, PJ will get promoted to assistant. Curious if he was the one who dialed up the inbound play that got Cam that dunk.

There was a video years ago before PJ played his first game at Purdue where PJ was going to a barber and comments towards PJ being an outstanding leader and having charisma. I tried looking for that in the past without any luck. It would support what you just typed

Sisley is more of a traditional small forward/wing. Burgess is a hybrid 4/5 with ability to play

Good to hear especially as Painter develops PJ as a coach. Guess that is the “other” category of a HC - developing your assistants. I can see PJ being relatable to kids and parents. He is a more recent product of Painter and his player development.

If one of Terry Johnson or Lusk leaves for a HC role, PJ will get promoted to assistant. Curious if he was the one who dialed up the inbound play that got Cam that dunk.
Need Terry to stay through 2025 in hopes for Haralson to commit and play here!

Going back to when they were freshman, seems to have always been Sisley and Haralson. Not really seen much film of Sisley for a couple of years. For those that have, how would he compare to Burgess.
Sisley is a 6'8 wing. Great at moving without the ball. His game resembles Robbie Hummel's. Burgess is pretty much Caleb Furst except Burgess is a shot blocking machine and better ball handler. I tried to watch Burgess last night I know he won still on the to-do list. I watched Jack last night he put up 25 while trying not to. It was a blowout which gave Jack the motivation to rack up more assist (best passer since Treyvion) he went 5-7 from 3 one was a last second heave at the half. He scored 13 points in under 3 minutes to start the game and effectively end the game.

Sisley is a 6'8 wing. Great at moving without the ball. His game resembles Robbie Hummel's. Burgess is pretty much Caleb Furst except Burgess is a shot blocking machine and better ball handler. I tried to watch Burgess last night I know he won still on the to-do list. I watched Jack last night he put up 25 while trying not to. It was a blowout which gave Jack the motivation to rack up more assist (best passer since Treyvion) he went 5-7 from 3 one was a last second heave at the half. He scored 13 points in under 3 minutes to start the game and effectively end the game.
That's the comparison that I've always had of Furst to Burgess just has been too long since I've seen any tape on Sisley. Sounds great. He and Haralson would be ideal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT