ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 B1G Roster Overview:

How about team chemistry?

I believe you've asked this before and I have already answered it.

Team Chemistry? The answer is......

ItemDetailsImageLoader.aspx

4ee86d90e0c62fd84db8d4c4f3bcd298.jpg

Actually, I do look at positions of need, as well as best available players. So once again, you are incorrect in your assumptions.
Did you ask them if they had any issues in the classroom? Any issues outside the classroom? The locker room? Are they good team players?

Update: I've been working on the roster overviews today after being on vacation this past weekend. I'm through half of them (eight technically) with six more roster reviews/previews remaining.

Boiler Up

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Okay, it's finally done. So, who will win the B1G Ten regular season and B1G Tournament this season and what will the final conference standings look like?

Boiler Up

No one wants to make any prognostications for who the regular season champ will be?

Sure, I will take a run at it. Now this is just pure fantasy, so please don't take me too seriously at this point;

IU finds out that life after Yogi can be depressing. Crean churns the bench looking for the right combination of pretty good players, but nothing works consistently. 4th place.

MSU plays poorly at the beginning of the BIG as the young team gets their feet under them. They play well at the end of the season, finishing in 3rd place in the BIG, but win the BIGT.

Wisconsin has Dracula's magic wear off. Just like Davis winning one year with Knights well trained players, Grady gets a does of reality. Whisky for second place in the BIG.

Purdue finds a gem in Carson Edwards, and along with the other Edwards becomes an unstoppable scoring machine. Purdue takes 1st place in the BIG, but loses the BIGT title game to MSU by 2 points.

There you go. The rest of the BIG is competitive and figures in upsets, but finishes out of the money. Ill and Minn start looking for new coaches.
:cool:

Jon Octeus says hi. Johnny Hill seconds that.
Not the same situation at all Nags. Octeus came to team with no point guard at all. Hill came to a team with an unproven and to be honest lowly regarded point. Fortunately PJ was better than most anticipated.
You now are talking about adding wings and bigs to a team that has several solid wings and bigs. The only ones who would sign on for that are either not good enough to make an impact or are so good they know they will take the spot away. Why bother with the first type. Haven't heard of any of the super studs just wishing for a team to join.

No one wants to make any prognostications for who the regular season champ will be?
Wow. Thinking about this year leaves me with no clear favorite. I think I would go with any of the top five with IU's schedule from last year, if such a poor schedule exists this year.
Without that incredible advantage to anyone, I take Purdue in the regular season with IU second and MSU in the Big tourney as that loaded freshman class starts to put it all together.:cool:

Wow. Thinking about this year leaves me with no clear favorite. I think I would go with any of the top five with IU's schedule from last year, if such a poor schedule exists this year.
Without that incredible advantage to anyone, I take Purdue in the regular season with IU second and MSU in the Big tourney as that loaded freshman class starts to put it all together.:cool:
Yes. This year is tough to rank. Purdue, IU, and Wisconsin all have a great shot at winning the conference. I think it might take a little longer for MSU, because of their youth, but they probably will be very dangerous come NCAA tournament time.

Of IU, Purdue, and Wisconsin, the Badgers are the safest pick because they don't lose an all conference player. I guess if I was a neutral observer I'd pick Wisconsin, but I really like Purdue's chances.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Not the same situation at all Nags. Octeus came to team with no point guard at all. Hill came to a team with an unproven and to be honest lowly regarded point. Fortunately PJ was better than most anticipated.
You now are talking about adding wings and bigs to a team that has several solid wings and bigs. The only ones who would sign on for that are either not good enough to make an impact or are so good they know they will take the spot away. Why bother with the first type. Haven't heard of any of the super studs just wishing for a team to join.

No, Bryson Scott and P.J. Thompson were already on board when Octeus joined. Thompson was an Indiana All-Star, so he wasn't really THAT lowly regarded. Adding players this year would have been similar to 2014 but now there's only one 2016 scholarship left with Eifert and McKeeman being given ones.

Sure, I will take a run at it. Now this is just pure fantasy, so please don't take me too seriously at this point;

IU finds out that life after Yogi can be depressing. Crean churns the bench looking for the right combination of pretty good players, but nothing works consistently. 4th place.

MSU plays poorly at the beginning of the BIG as the young team gets their feet under them. They play well at the end of the season, finishing in 3rd place in the BIG, but win the BIGT.

Wisconsin has Dracula's magic wear off. Just like Davis winning one year with Knights well trained players, Grady gets a does of reality. Whisky for second place in the BIG.

Purdue finds a gem in Carson Edwards, and along with the other Edwards becomes an unstoppable scoring machine. Purdue takes 1st place in the BIG, but loses the BIGT title game to MSU by 2 points.

There you go. The rest of the BIG is competitive and figures in upsets, but finishes out of the money. Ill and Minn start looking for new coaches.
:cool:

I don't quite agree that Illinois and Minnesota will be looking for new coaches. Illinois has alot of experienced talent, they just need to avoid injuries and they are a team who could make the NCAA tourney. Not to mention Groce already has 4 commits for the 2017 class including 5 star Center Jeremiah Tillmon.

You could also argue that besides Michigan State, Minnesota brings in the most talent going into this upcoming season. They already have a good PG in Nate Mason, a good PF in Jordan Murphy, and a good 6th man in Dupree Mcbrayer. This season they add:

C Reggie Lynch- Illinois State Transfer
SG- Akeem Springs- UW-M Grad transfer
SF/PF- Davonte Fitzgerald- Texas A&M transfer
SG/SF- Amir Coffey- Rated #39 overall by Scout
PF/C- Eric Curry- Rated #94 overall by Scout
SF- Michael Hurt Rated 217 overall on 247

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT