ADVERTISEMENT

Zeke Nnaji's Visit

If you combine enough of us snowflakes together, we will form a powerful blizzard which can be a very powerful force!

As has been noted, we tend to attack ourselves more than we attack our trolls.

I forgot to mention my son's basketball season starts tonight as he is an assistant high school coach as part of his college internship. Basketball is his first love.

Well, just for the record I have a niece that got freshman of the year at Northwestern (think she graduated with honors as well) and I don't think she is too F'ing bright. Her brother that flunked Purdue his freshman year graduated with honors at Florida. No doubt maturity was in effect, but she still didn't learn anything of substance... ;)

Just curious. What is your niece doing now? They typically don't let dummies into Northwestern, but it use to be any fool from Indiana can get into PU. I know I was one!

Last edited:
Just curious. What is your niece doing now? They typically don't let dummies into Northwestern, but it use to be any fool from Indiana can get into PU. I know I was one!
So she grew up in Springfield, Ohio and her boy friend went to MIami of Ohio and they married after college. She has a baby just a few months old and is not working. She used to be a concierge in LA for a very top end hotel. Her husband studied finance and forgive my ignorance here, but he has taken a few tests to position himself to manage funds...big money. His company moved them to Chicago.

I can't speak to the "dummie part" entering Northwestern...just leaving! :) It may be similar to the USA in comparison to international schools in that in the entry we are competitive and the longer enrolled, the farther behind we fall. Maybe that happened there as well? I don't even know her major...communications??? I don't really know. I just know she has no grasp of the world and/or reality...quite the feminist. They have a boy, but a girl would have been better for them. I thought the husband had been castrated and so I was surprised when she became pregnant. :)_ Love her...just don't understand her...like her mother...my sister...

Sometimes school names get inflated. My daughter's number one school in the USA to become an anesthetist was Georgetown and she got admitted there, but upon graduation she said it was over rated! Her husband says his doctorate in the USA was not as hard as his masters in Germany and so each time frame, each field of study and each person may view things different and have different experiences. ;)

Last edited:
So she grew up in Springfield, Ohio and her boy friend went to MIami of Ohio and they married after college. She has a baby just a few months old and is not working. She used to be a concierge in LA for a very top end hotel. Her husband studied finance and forgive my ignorance here, but he has taken a few tests to position himself to manage funds...big money. His company moved them to Chicago.

I can't speak to the "dummie part" entering Northwestern...just leaving! :) It may be similar to the USA in comparison to international schools in that in the entry we are competitive and the longer enrolled, the farther behind we fall. Maybe that happened there as well? I don't even know her major...communications??? I don't really know. I just know she has no grasp of the world and/or reality...quite the feminist. They have a boy, but a girl would have been better for them. I thought the husband had been castrated and so I was surprised when she became pregnant. :)_ Love her...just don't understand her...like her mother...my sister...

Sometimes school names get inflated. My daughter's number one school in the USA to become an anesthetist was Georgetown and she got admitted there, but upon graduation she said it was over rated! Her husband says his doctorate in the USA was not as hard as his masters in Germany and so each time frame, each field of study and each person may view things different and have different experiences. ;)
This sounds like a roller-coaster that exists across the border of the US and Europe, and swoops down on one side, up on the other, and back across again ...

Reactions: tjreese
This sounds like a roller-coaster that exists across the border of the US and Europe, and swoops down on one side, up on the other, and back across again ...
Her mother's guy friend (financial reasons for not marrying) is a doctor that used to be a surgeon in Paraguay and fled when the communists took over in fear of his life. Came to New York with a wind breaker, passed newspapers and had a pull down bed while he studied his medical books with an English book for translation beside to get his medical license here (Not a surgeon though...too much work for his age to do it again). I have LOT of respect for what he accomplished. Anyway a few years ago I went to Sarasota where they live and my sister was visiting someplace...maybe Ohio and when he returned from working and I from the beach he turned on 2 1/2 men and laughed that "Brandy" (daughter) wouldn't let him watch it when she visits. Had she not lost her father at such a young age I'm sure things would be different. ;)

Off subject, but in this crazy country...maybe not so much? Read about a 69 year old man wanting to "transage" to 49 to meet more women. Naturally, I started to wonder if I could "transage" to 70 and get max social security? I mean it isn't as though they can see if I am an XY or even an XX, they would have to determine if my birth certificate was correct and other methods less scientific to determine my age. Max social today...I'm ready...kinda like that guys thoughts in reverse! :)

Reactions: Fansince72

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it seems to have worked out for her in the end. I just hope she and your daughter had some scholarship money. LOL.

I guess I'm kind of a skeptic but I don't think many of these top athletes make their school choice based on academics. It seems to me they pick a school based on the basketball program and the coach and then decide their major. I would think the degree that most of our athletes get could be received at hundreds of colleges or universities across the US.

As a side note there is a lot of bashing of North Carolina on this board. Most of the folks in the Mid Atlantic consider it a great school. Its kind of sad that their football and basketball scandals damaged the schools reputation.

Off subject, but in this crazy country...maybe not so much? Read about a 69 year old man wanting to "transage" to 49 to meet more women. Naturally, I started to wonder if I could "transage" to 70 and get max social security? I mean it isn't as though they can see if I am an XY or even an XX, they would have to determine if my birth certificate was correct and other methods less scientific to determine my age. Max social today...I'm ready...kinda like that guys thoughts in reverse! :)
exactly why I took the ball and ran at 62 ... done, finis, eat bologna and live life

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad it seems to have worked out for her in the end. I just hope she and your daughter had some scholarship money. LOL.

I guess I'm kind of a skeptic but I don't think many of these top athletes make their school choice based on academics. It seems to me they pick a school based on the basketball program and the coach and then decide their major. I would think the degree that most of our athletes get could be received at hundreds of colleges or universities across the US.

As a side note there is a lot of bashing of North Carolina on this board. Most of the folks in the Mid Atlantic consider it a great school. Its kind of sad that their football and basketball scandals damaged the schools reputation.
Brandy had "some" for her undergrad as did my daughter. However, the grad school at Georgetown was estimated at 75K a year (counting room and board) and she didn't have to pay for the room. They paid her schooling off a year ago or so..pretty quick. My daughter has a girl that will be 2 in January and has already reduced her work week to three days. Her husband works like a dog trying to build a business (Bio tech). She still has my mailing address listed and so I get all the requests for money from the schools. ;)

Nothing skeptical about thinking "top end" players do not place academics very high on their list...

exactly why I took the ball and ran at 62 ... done, finis, eat bologna and live life
That will be somewhere between now and 1 3/4 years. Right now I have an offer for voluntary separation. Basically, I would get paid until the end of July and might only have to work through November. However, it eliminates my 401 and would force into a IRA. Very tempting, but I wanted to save for another year and Kim has too many expenses at this time. I could do it, but I think it may come around in a few months and "possibly" be sweetened a bit. I know this...my body (right leg and back) ache more than I wish. It is rare I can sleep through the night. Also, kinda wondering if I have some medical attention that I need the coverage until medicare which would happen after my last pay check. When you are young you have no money and when you are older you have poorer health! ;)

That will be somewhere between now and 1 3/4 years. Right now I have an offer for voluntary separation. Basically, I would get paid until the end of July and might only have to work through November. However, it eliminates my 401 and would force into a IRA. Very tempting, but I wanted to save for another year and Kim has too many expenses at this time. I could do it, but I think it may come around in a few months and "possibly" be sweetened a bit. I know this...my body (right leg and back) ache more than I wish. It is rare I can sleep through the night. Also, kinda wondering if I have some medical attention that I need the coverage until medicare which would happen after my last pay check. When you are young you have no money and when you are older you have poorer health! ;)
I just spent 10 hours comparing medicare to staying with my wife's plan. we still have one son that stays on hers 1 more year. My Da'ds been on medicare for 24 years with several major issues, so I have a solid consultant. Fun times at Ridgemont Senior Center.

We have been looking at a potential move. We've been informed the military dental plan has changed and we'll be paying for it at the end of the year. And the military promise of free healthcare for life will end when we turn 65. We will be forced to change our tricare to pay for Medicare. And unfortunately our family income is too large to receive treatment at any VA hospital. So looking at the cost of my last surgery, $200,000, and the knowledge I now have a pre-existing condition, we're looking to move to a community that has a military hospital where we can at least receive some free stand by care. What was promised 30 years ago sure has not withstood the test of time. I'm unsure with my heart condition what future insurance health insurance companies will charge me.

We have been looking at a potential move. We've been informed the military dental plan has changed and we'll be paying for it at the end of the year. And the military promise of free healthcare for life will end when we turn 65. We will be forced to change our tricare to pay for Medicare. And unfortunately our family income is too large to receive treatment at any VA hospital. So looking at the cost of my last surgery, $200,000, and the knowledge I now have a pre-existing condition, we're looking to move to a community that has a military hospital where we can at least receive some free stand by care. What was promised 30 years ago sure has not withstood the test of time. I'm unsure with my heart condition what future insurance health insurance companies will charge me.
Spend two hours with a good independent guy who represents multiple medical supplement plans ... It's well worth it ... I was very surprised in a good way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT