ADVERTISEMENT

Zach's pick one of the worst in NBA History. Cmon Krysten Peek??!!

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I don't know who this so called expert Yahoo Sports Draft Analyst Krysten Peek is, but that statement is absolutely stupid. I have other words for this article, but I would probably get banned on here.

Reactions: Abugabby and z_one
I don't know who this so called expert Yahoo Sports Draft Analyst Krysten Peek is, but that statement is absolutely stupid. I have other words for this article, but I would probably get banned on here.

Don’t worry. No one knows who she is and it’s clear she doesn’t know what she’s talking about. In another thread, I posted Ant Wright who quickly debunked her “analysis”

She's regurgitating what she heard last year. No thinking required. If anyone else did their job in such a lazy, incompetent manner, they would be fired.

Certainly it's fair to ask questions about how he works at that level but calling it the worst pick is just really ignorant.

He has strengths and weaknesses. It's fair to question the latter but the former are certainly there too and very strong.

Plus there have been a lot of truly horrible picks in NBA history. So even if you believe he's not capable, it doesn't approach the worst picks.

Certainly it's fair to ask questions about how he works at that level but calling it the worst pick is just really ignorant.

He has strengths and weaknesses. It's fair to question the latter but the former are certainly there too and very strong.

Plus there have been a lot of truly horrible picks in NBA history. So even if you believe he's not capable, it doesn't approach the worst picks.
Think she just did it for clicks. At least I hope so cuz her analysis was 100% wrong.

Right off the top of my head.......Anthony Bennet? Michael Olowokandi? Kwame Brown? And mention "Sam Bowie" to anyone near Portland, Oregon, and see what they say......

Criticisms? Sure.....
Skepticism? Sure......

But a lot of that gets thrown overboard with ridiculous "over-the-top" hyperbole nowadays.

JMHO

We shall see......

I got curious, and she apparently played college basketball at a place called Alliance University. I'm not curious enough to see if this was an aberration in terms of her analytical skills.

In terms of worst draft picks, the Atlanta Hawks have quite a list by themselves. Dallas Comegys, who had been diagnosed with narcolepsy, springs to mind. Picking Marvin Williams (a decent NBA player, maybe?) over Chris Paul when they were a point guard away from being a stellar team is another.

Right off the top of my head.......Anthony Bennet? Michael Olowokandi? Kwame Brown? And mention "Sam Bowie" to anyone near Portland, Oregon, and see what they say......

Criticisms? Sure.....
Skepticism? Sure......

But a lot of that gets thrown overboard with ridiculous "over-the-top" hyperbole nowadays.

JMHO

We shall see......

The Sam Bowie pick may be the worst considering Michael Jordan was still available! Nike knew but the Trailblazers didn't.

The Sam Bowie pick may be the worst considering Michael Jordan was still available! Nike knew but the Trailblazers didn't.
As blatantly bad as it was in retrospect, and I'm a huge Jordan fan, the Blazers did have Clyde Drexler, a future Hall of Famer, I believe entering his 2nd year, at the same position, back when positions actually mattered in basketball.

As blatantly bad as it was in retrospect, and I'm a huge Jordan fan, the Blazers did have Clyde Drexler, a future Hall of Famer, I believe entering his 2nd year, at the same position, back when positions actually mattered in basketball.

I see the logic. But Sonny Vaccaro at Nike recognized that Jordan was a generational player and convinced Phil Knight to go all out with essentially a running shoe company to get Jordan away from Adidas and transform Nike.

Charles Barkley was also available.

I have perfect 20/20 hindsight.....haha.

But I hear you, Chi-Boiler......and Portland did need a center to move Mychal Thompson to PF. Another counter-point would be that Barkley was also available.

Safe to say, though, that the Trailblazers will never live that one down.

Don’t worry ! say what you want to say. Nobody ever gets banned here. You must have thought this board was like Pergs and is actually moderated! Ha ha ha ha!

Don’t worry ! say what you want to say. Nobody ever gets banned here. You must have thought this board was like Pergs and is actually moderated! Ha ha ha ha!
You know I post to stir you up as it's pretty easy to do, but I can't help but think that every time you post each comment you make could have been prevented by a condom.

Last edited:
I have perfect 20/20 hindsight.....haha.

But I hear you, Chi-Boiler......and Portland did need a center to move Mychal Thompson to PF. Another counter-point would be that Barkley was also available.

Safe to say, though, that the Trailblazers will never live that one down.
Similar to drafting oden over Durant. They went oden because, at the time, Brandon Roy was who they were building around as he was a rising star and oden was a great piece to Roy. Unfortunately, Roy’s knees turned to glass and oden did too. I wish we could have seen a healthy oden in the nba.

Reactions: Purdue80
Alright, after seeing more actual video as opposed to still shots, yeah, she's not all that hot. I do have low standards though.

Anyway, Zach is +1000 to win ROY on my board. Certainly something that can vary quite a bit. He's tied with Buzelis and Knecht for 5th place in odds. Sarr is the favorite at +450.

Alright, after seeing more actual video as opposed to still shots, yeah, she's not all that hot. I do have low standards though.

Anyway, Zach is +1000 to win ROY on my board. Certainly something that can vary quite a bit. He's tied with Buzelis and Knecht for 5th place in odds. Sarr is the favorite at +450.
Saw he went from +2500 to +1000. Shoulda taken that bet that Zach had worse odds to be drafted before Topic!

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT