ADVERTISEMENT

Zach's first commercial

Im surprised they didnt have him doing this during the college season, as he was the biggest name out there. Now that he's done with college, his popularity may fade in the NBA. I was always hoping he would make millions in a deal like KFC, or whatever, and stay in college where he could make more of advertising as he's the biggest fish in a smaller pond.

Im surprised they didnt have him doing this during the college season, as he was the biggest name out there. Now that he's done with college, his popularity may fade in the NBA. I was always hoping he would make millions in a deal like KFC, or whatever, and stay in college where he could make more of advertising as he's the biggest fish in a smaller pond.
Wasn’t able to as he wasn’t a US Citizen. NIL has dumb rules.

It wasn't NIL rules, it was his student visa.
Which NIL doesn’t allow non U.S. citizens to earn normal NIL. It’s why UK went to the Caribbean for Oscar. It’s why we went to Canada for Zach and was going to be for that Bama center who left and stayed for the draft. They can make their money outside of the U.S.

Which NIL doesn’t allow non U.S. citizens to earn normal NIL. It’s why UK went to the Caribbean for Oscar. It’s why we went to Canada for Zach and was going to be for that Bama center who left and stayed for the draft. They can make their money outside of the U.S.
NIL has nothing to do with it. All NCAA foreign players are in the US under a student visa that restricts their ability to earn income while "working" in the US.

When they're out of the US, they're under the rules of whatever country they're "working" in. Zach had no restrictions in Canada. Now that he is no longer a student, he has either become a US citizen (pretty sure he hasn't) or is here working under a work visa (just like thousands of other foreign workers). His work visa allows for him to make millions, where his student visa did not. With that said, I'm not a visa expert, but read that somewhere.

NIL has nothing to do with it. All NCAA foreign players are in the US under a student visa that restricts their ability to earn income while "working" in the US.

When they're out of the US, they're under the rules of whatever country they're "working" in. Zach had no restrictions in Canada. Now that he is no longer a student, he has either become a US citizen (pretty sure he hasn't) or is here working under a work visa (just like thousands of other foreign workers). His work visa allows for him to make millions, where his student visa did not. With that said, I'm not a visa expert, but read that somewhere.
I looked it up and found that under his student visa, he was only allowed to make somewhere between $15-$30k a year while a student "worker" in the US. As such, most all of his NIL money must have been earned in Canada (assuming he made over a million like most believe).

It would be interesting to know if any of that Canadian cash came from the Purdue collective and, if it did, how did they transfer it to Zach and stay within the F1 visa rules?

I read elsewhere that Zach made the KFC commercials in Canada. KFC went there to accommodate his student visa status.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT