ADVERTISEMENT

Heide and Berg to Greece June 24- July 2. Thread

Anyone seen any information on this team/trip? I find nothing when searching. I don’t have X! Did they actually go? The only roster I have found doesn’t list either of them.

The Greece Under20 team previously beat the Czech Republic U20 team by 13 and lost to the Turkey U20 team by 12.

Greece was up five at the half, three after three quarters, and won by 12.
Greece U20 outscored the USA u20 team 52-20 on 2pt fgs. The US outscored Greece 18-6 from 3, and 36-28 from the line. Low turnover, high fouls game. No box score available.

The Greece Under20 team previously beat the Czech Republic U20 team by 13 and lost to the Turkey U20 team by 12.

Greece was up five at the half, three after three quarters, and won by 12.
Greece U20 outscored the USA u20 team 52-20 on 2pt fgs. The US outscored Greece 18-6 from 3, and 36-28 from the line. Low turnover, high fouls game. No box score available.

52-20 on 2s.....Looks like whomever was in the lane for USA is not particularly great on D with all those 2s. Was that Berg?

Not to mention perimeter guys who apparently got beat on the dribble.

52-20 on 2s.....Looks like whomever was in the lane for USA is not particularly great on D with all those 2s. Was that Berg?

Hopefully it was more mid range than anything. I can’t see Berg giving up that much …maybe they went away from him and the other guy was giving them fits down low? Either way, good game from berg and Heide. Hope this experience is benefiting them.

I wonder if we were shooting a ton of threes and less from two adding to the discrepancy? Also based on Beth being 9-9 from the line sounds like a lot of fouls against us in the paint.

So was Greece actually a good team? Or did we lay an egg? It’s very easy to say it was the other guy who allowed all those points in the paint rather than blaming berg! I guess berg never heard of or learned the phrase help defense? I find it hard to believe all of those easy buckets were scored against the other guy.

Jacobson’s path to starting is getting a lot easier

So was Greece actually a good team? Or did we lay an egg? It’s very easy to say it was the other guy who allowed all those points in the paint rather than blaming berg! I guess berg never heard of or learned the phrase help defense? I find it hard to believe all of those easy buckets were scored against the other guy.

You're assuming all those 2 pointers were at the rim. Maybe they shot a lot of midrange jumbers and Berg had nothing to do with defending them? We probably won't know his strengths/weaknesses until after the season starts.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

You have no idea if there’s an inkling of truth in what you said. Greece generally has reasonably decent teams to address your question. The style of play of both teams factors heavily into where buckets were scored. No information exists if the majority came in the paint or midrange or an even combination of both. I don’t think anyone assumes that none of the points were scored against Berg, but to insinuate that he was completely ineffective on D is yet another of your bold takes based on no facts at all. Berg is a third year Sophomore playing for Matt Painter at Purdue so saying that he hasn’t heard of help defense is simply idiotic.

Hopefully both of the seven footers will be effective contributors for the team and present two viable options. Jacobsen may or may not be ready to step in and play significant minutes but there’s hardly a guarantee and he undoubtedly will need coaching up to move to the needed level.
I think with all options available that his path to a starting position and valuable contributor is best not to be described as easy!

Ha ha ha ha ha!

Reactions: BoilerAndy

Sigh...

Besides Berg and Heide, there aren’t very high level players on the team.

And you’re assuming a whole lot there. And for the 100000000th time, it doesn’t matter who starts (and no they won’t leave because they aren’t starting), it matters who plays the most mins and closes games. DJ, Berg, TKR, Furst and (MAYBE) Burgess will all split time at the 4 and 5 throughout the year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT