ADVERTISEMENT

Zach

Not sure how great of a situation this is for him. It’s awesome from where he was projected at the beginning of the year. He worked hard! He owned a lot of other first round picks during the season. And he proved at the combine he had the skills that many doubted he’d ever have. He’s a hard worker and an awesome person.

A name came to mind: Kurt Rambis.

I don’t believe he was ever an all pro. But he started a few games and was a meaningful contributor to the success of the Lakers. He had a long and successful career. I believe Edey can be just as good. And Rambis was a huge fan and cult favorite!

Not sure how great of a situation this is for him. It’s awesome from where he was projected at the beginning of the year. He worked hard! He owned a lot of other first round picks during the season. And he proved at the combine he had the skills that many doubted he’d ever have. He’s a hard worker and an awesome person.

I don’t believe he was ever an all pro. But he started a few games and was a meaningful contributor to the success of the Lakers. He had a long and successful career. I believe Edey can be just as good. And Rambis was a huge fan and cult favorite!
Kurt Rambis started 462 games during his NBA career.

Kurt Rambis started 462 games during his NBA career.
That sounds about right. He had a long and successful career! He was never the star of his team. But he was a fan favorite! I could see Edey having a similar career!

Sven Nader also comes to mind. He also had a great and successful NBA career. Bogut and Benson were both slow but great passers. There are many big tall guys who had successful nba careers

Yao Ming was a star. Could Edey become as big of a star as he was? I would never bet against him.

Reactions: Nappanee
So much for the so called experts that said that he was a late first round or early second round pick at best at the beginning of the season.
I wouldn’t be too harsh at the opening day analysis! Edey really improved as the season progressed. And he played against many of the top players and proved he could compete. He proved he was better than the center from UConn. At the beginning of the year, the UConn center was a lottery pick. But Edey proved he was better.

Before the combine, his draft stock was still a low first round pick. There were still many doubters and critics . But he proved once again given the opportunity how great he could be.

I believe in Edey. I was hoping he would fall in the draft to be drafted by the Bucks. But it didn’t happen. I’m glad for him but sad for the Bucks

Reactions: drewjin
Looking at Memphis's roster, it looks like a good fit for Zach. Their two best players, arguably, are Ja Morant and Desmond Bane, who are both guards. Jaren Jackson is a power forward, so there is a clear path for Zach to get a lot of minutes.

No matter what, it's obviously a well-deserved reward for one of the hardest working college players any of us have ever seen. to go from a curiosity to a lottery pick in five years is freakin awesome.

Not sure why you don’t think it’s a good fit. I think it’s ideal. Time will tell.

1 - Ja Morant
2 - Marcus Smart
3 - Desmond Bane
4 - Jaren Jackson Jr
5 - Zach Edey

Seems like a pretty good fit

Wow. She can have strong feelings but that last set of statements has caused a permanent ban on any of her reporting forever again. Stop saying things for clicks.

1 - Ja Morant
2 - Marcus Smart
3 - Desmond Bane
4 - Jaren Jackson Jr
5 - Zach Edey

Seems like a pretty good fit
Drafted in the top 10 by a team that is likely to make the playoffs next season. Will have a chance to be a starter, but won’t be asked to be a featured scorer. Can set screens, play pick and roll, rebound and block shots. Will likely be able to play alongside another shot blocker.

Who knows how will work out but it looks pretty dang good on paper.

Wow. She can have strong feelings but that last set of statements has caused a permanent ban on any of her reporting forever again. Stop saying things for clicks.

You know sad this is this is nothing new for Zach. He's been called "just tall" as just a few things said about him in the past and he proved all those morons wrong, he'll prove these morons wrong too.

I wouldn’t be too harsh at the opening day analysis! Edey really improved as the season progressed. And he played against many of the top players and proved he could compete. He proved he was better than the center from UConn. At the beginning of the year, the UConn center was a lottery pick. But Edey proved he was better.

Before the combine, his draft stock was still a low first round pick. There were still many doubters and critics . But he proved once again given the opportunity how great he could be.

I believe in Edey. I was hoping he would fall in the draft to be drafted by the Bucks. But it didn’t happen. I’m glad for him but sad for the Bucks
Here is the point, which you seem to have missed the past 2 years. He didn't just "compete" with many of the top players. He completely dominated them. He did the exact same thing last year against even more top centers. Did you hear he was 2X consensus POY?

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck and BBG
So, what's a typical Top 10 lottery pick initial contract worth guaranteed?

Who's his agent? Gotta be some good endorsement opportunities as well.

Reactions: Purdue80
So, what's a typical Top 10 lottery pick initial contract worth guaranteed?

Who's his agent? Gotta be some good endorsement opportunities as well.

@ #9, In the neighborhood of $5,000,000 average annual salary over first three years - with increases for 4th year of about 27% - then a qualifying 5th year @ + 47%.

In contrast, toward the bottom of the first round, it's essentially half of that, but the % increases after three years are larger.

Last edited:
Drafted in the top 10 by a team that is likely to make the playoffs next season. Will have a chance to be a starter, but won’t be asked to be a featured scorer. Can set screens, play pick and roll, rebound and block shots. Will likely be able to play alongside another shot blocker.

Who knows how will work out but it looks pretty dang good on paper.
Well if it looks good on paper..and using the IU logic….THEYRE GOING TO BE NBA CHAMPS

Last edited:

Lolol who is she??

Did she actually watch ANY games of his or talk to ANY nba scouts/teams (probably not because they have no clue who she is)?

She word vomitted every cliche thing there is to say about him from social media.

Lazy.
A$$.
Reporting.

Also, was she aware that the DPOTY, Gobert, was targeted by Luka and Mavs in the NBA playoffs? Probably doesn’t even watch the NBA. Not many, if any, bigs can guard non bigs in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT